boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #466
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Wach is nothing fullstop. You're changing the agrument after you got floored. Wlad v Wach a masterpiece hahahahaha. You're done, counted out. It can go on with this foolishness anymore.
I 'got floored'? For someone who denies being popkins, you sound an awful lot like him

168 Dawson is nothing, he's Marius Wach level, but at least Wach had the heart and chin to fight on to the end, when Dawson quit
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #467
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,314
vCash: 607
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Head View Post
Michael Nunn
James Toney
Bernard Hopkins
Roy Jones

Vs.

Nigel Benn
Chris Eubank
Steve Collins
Michael Watson

America PWN's
Calzaghe beat Jones, Hopkins and Eubank on that list and had Collins pull out and retire. Now thats Pwnage .
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #468
VivaNazVegas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 585
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Calzaghe beat Jones, Hopkins and Eubank on that list and had Collins pull out and retire. Now thats Pwnage .
Jones was past his prime when he lost to Calzaghe and DM ducked Roy.
Jajajajajajajajaja.
Owned
VivaNazVegas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #469
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 313
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
I 'got floored'? For someone who denies being popkins, you sound an awful lot like him

168 Dawson is nothing, he's Marius Wach level, but at least Wach had the heart and chin to fight on to the end, when Dawson quit
That has nothing to do with the performance, Ward made him quit. Wlad could do nothing to Wach. Your pea brian just cant grasp it can it?
Wlad was looking for the ko, he was getting tired. He could't stustain an attack go give the ref a reason to end it. He could not finish him. Iron chin or not, stustain the attack and the fighter is over. He didn't have the ability.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #470
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
That has nothing to do with the performance, Ward made him quit. Wlad could do nothing to Wach. Your pea brian just cant grasp it can it?
Wlad was looking for the ko, he was getting tired. He could't stustain an attack go give the ref a reason to end it. He could not finish him. Iron chin or not, stustain the attack and the fighter is over. He didn't have the ability.

No one in the world could take the punishment Wach took off Wlad. Groves could stop Dawson at 168
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #471
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 313
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Dino,

Zod's got some great links from the book, The Darke Trade. There's loads of really interesting info in it regarding Roy's fight with James.

If you're interested, I'll try and get you the links.
Ill look into that mate. I missed a lot of Roys fights when i was younger. Used to follow the HW scene with more interest.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #472
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 6,186
vCash: 500
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Bailey,

Quote:
Where have they said that?
It isn't on this thread, but that's what happened. Think about it? Why would HBO have wanted the Collins fight, when they could have a unification against Reggie?


Quote:
So do you think as Collins wasnt mandatory, he wouldnt have been a better challenge than R Frazier
Of course he'd have been a better opponent. But boxing is a business. Somehow (unbelievably) Frazier was made mandatory. He was in the rankings at 175. Collins wasn't ranked, because he'd been retired, and he didn't fight at 175.

Quote:
Who wasnt a mandatory either
He was the IBF belt holder. It was a big unification fight.

Quote:
so because Collins lost by close debateable decision 2 divisions lower, that holds weight with you , You obviously havent seen the fight
I mentioned this purely for your benefit, because this is the type of thing you do all the time when posting. You love your stats.

Quote:
Think that was Jones dismissing that challenge. Once again, thats video evidence for you Loudon, whilst you make assumptions
Nothing to do with assumptions. Only Steve and his hardcore fans wanted to see a fight with Roy in 1999. People wanted to see Roy unify the 175 division. Do you think Roy had've cared that Steve was in the ring? What would he have brought to the table? Nothing! Roy had to fight the Frazier's of the World. What would he have gained from Collins, apart from criticism? He was dismissed for a BIGGER FIGHT!

Quote:
How was R Johnson, title or not a bigger fight, than a fighter who went to SMW and never lost and had beaten Eubank and Benn?
What drugs are you taking?

Collins fought at 168, and he'd been inactive. Reggie Johnson fought at 175, and had the only belt that Roy didn't have out of the main three. Are you telling me that a fight against a retired SMW was bigger than unifying the LHW division? Ha!

Quote:
Did he challenge Michalczewski? NO NO NO
He sent Brad Jacobs to meet with HBO officials to try and MAKE the fight.

Post 78.

Quote:
Just show me it
I'm sure you're capable of going to post 78.

Quote:
Which wasnt a much fight. Point is, the 2 biggest challenges for Jones on offer there and Roy didnt take those 2 when on offer
Telesco was a replacement for Rochigianni.

You've just contradicted yourself.

How can the Hopkins fight have been on offer? You've just agreed that he priced himself out and didn't want it. If he'd have accepted the 40% the fight would have happened.

The DM fight was not on offer. Once again, go to post 78.
Loudon is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #473
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,314
vCash: 607
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
I love watching that fight. A classic clash of styles. Toney looked amazing that night. He was 23/24 and in fantastic shape. I wish he'd have been more dedicated.

I think Roy's fight with Toney was a masterclass, but you've got the whole weight issue.
Loudon, what part of Sheffield do you claim to come from?
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #474
VivaNazVegas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 585
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Loudon, what part of Sheffield do you claim to come from?
Roy totes pwned Toney.
He would have pwned DM, Nunn, Calzaghe and Collins on the same night in his prime
VivaNazVegas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #475
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,314
vCash: 607
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaNazVegas View Post
Jones was past his prime when he lost to Calzaghe and DM ducked Roy.
Jajajajajajajajaja.
Owned
Calzaghe was past his prime when he beat Jones and closer to the end of his career than Jones was his.
Thats owned son
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #476
VivaNazVegas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 585
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Calzaghe was past his prime when he beat Jones and closer to the end of his career than Jones was his.
Thats owned son
No he wasnt.
Jones was closer to his end than Calzaghe was.
Just because Calzaghe chose to end his career before Jones did doesn't mean he was more past his prime.
Roy's career should have ended imediately after the Ruiz fight.
Owned
VivaNazVegas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #477
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 6,186
vCash: 500
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Bailey,

Quote:
Did Jones agree to face him. As Merchant said, he is willing to go to America to fight Jones and when that was said, as video evidence showed, Roy didnt want to answer
This video is from 1999.

Zod's links on post 78 are from 2001.

In 2001, they couldn't get Kohl to negotiate. So how serious do you think DM was two years earlier?

You've got video evidence of Larry saying DM was willing to go.

DID HE GO?

It's irrelevant what Larry said, because EVERYBODY knows that he didn't go in the end.

Quote:
Did Jones challenge the champ and call him out?
No1 Did he f#ck! is the answer
HELLO! IS THERE ANYBODY THERE??

He sent his advisor to meet with representatives of HBO to try and make the fight. Let me know when this has sunk in.

Quote:
Show me the proof. It didnt need a double header, the fight didnt need building. Roy would have been challenging the champ!
Roy was the Unified champ!

Quote:
Not sure how you get that. DM challenged the champ, Jones didnt. DMs LHW resume is of a similar level to Jones, and DM fought who Roy wouldnt, the winner of Nunn, Rocchigiani.
DM's resume is nowhere near the level of Roy's. Let's do a head to head and have a laugh.
Loudon is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #478
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 6,186
vCash: 500
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Loudon, what part of Sheffield do you claim to come from?
Claim? Why? Do you know someone from Sheffield?
Loudon is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #479
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,314
vCash: 607
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Bailey,

It isn't on this thread, but that's what happened. Think about it? Why would HBO have wanted the Collins fight, when they could have a unification against Reggie?
So you have no proof then? So HBO wanted the mandatory Frazier fight then, instead of undefeated at SMW Collins



Quote:
Of course he'd have been a better opponent. But boxing is a business. Somehow (unbelievably) Frazier was made mandatory. He was in the rankings at 175. Collins wasn't ranked, because he'd been retired, and he didn't fight at 175.
Neither was Otis Grant


Quote:
He was the IBF belt holder. It was a big unification fight.
Not as big as DM
Quote:
I mentioned this purely for your benefit, because this is the type of thing you do all the time when posting. You love your stats.
Dont do anything for my benefit, you walked into your own shot there
Quote:
Nothing to do with assumptions. Only Steve and his hardcore fans wanted to see a fight with Roy in 1999. People wanted to see Roy unify the 175 division. Do you think Roy had've cared that Steve was in the ring? What would he have brought to the table? Nothing! Roy had to fight the Frazier's of the World. What would he have gained from Collins, apart from criticism? He was dismissed for a BIGGER FIGHT!
I seem to remember it being hyped in the papers and was still being talked about from 96

Quote:
What drugs are you taking?

Collins fought at 168, and he'd been inactive. Reggie Johnson fought at 175, and had the only belt that Roy didn't have out of the main three. Are you telling me that a fight against a retired SMW was bigger than unifying the LHW division? Ha!
You seem to be owned by belts. Tell me would Jones against Johnson have been bigger than Jones DM if DM relinquished his title?
Why now do Wards team call out 40 year old, 4 year retired Calzaghe when he could have unified against Bute? Bigger fight.
You must be losing it Loudon


Quote:
He sent Brad Jacobs to meet with HBO officials to try and MAKE the fight.
Show me


Quote:
I'm sure you're capable of going to post 78.
Show me, Im not going round looking at others posts, when it could be a point of view of another poster. Show me the evidence


Quote:
Telesco was a replacement for Rochigianni.
No he wasnt

Quote:
You've just contradicted yourself.
Where? No I havent
Quote:
How can the Hopkins fight have been on offer? You've just agreed that he priced himself out and didn't want it. If he'd have accepted the 40% the fight would have happened.
And???
Quote:
The DM fight was not on offer.
Was with DM, he was even calling Jones out in the Ring mag by making open offers, didnt see Roy respond, but Roy knew how to place those adds, as he was putting them in the ring mag for Gainer to call out Hamed
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #480
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,314
vCash: 607
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Claim? Why? Do you know someone from Sheffield?
Its a question Loudon. You are from Sheffield arent you?
Zod claims to be from Leeds but cant say anything about the place and you seem to be stalling a bit.
are you from Sheffield?
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015