Old 12-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
Mr. Sandman
27-2 (21 KO)
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Arum: "No Tune Up For Pac, Rematch In June Or September"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
No trolling pre Barrerra I was a die hard Manny fan, Pactards made me hate and start trolling Manny

Truthfully I never wanted to see Manny slept like that, I just wanted Manny to get touch up a lil the 3rd round flash was enough for me, I was rooting for Manny after that then bam.........., I almost want to cry for him seriously......Any other promoter would be trying to build their fighter back up, why try to throw him back into the lions den, after getting ko'ed. JMM was already in his head, the mental hurdle is far to great for Manny to overcome and try to avenge his loss this time
I've never wanted to see that happen to Manny either; I've been a huge Pacquiao fan for over a decade now. But it was an incredible, competitive, skillful, brutal back and forth fight with a completely unpredictable ending - basically every reason I watch boxing.
Mr. Sandman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #17
Big Bang
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Arum is a ****ing pig
Big Bang is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #18
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Arum's favourite film? Weekend at Bernie's 5.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #19
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

the whole point of fighting 4 times was to get a conclusive result - they got one. now they're gonna fight AGAIN
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #20
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
At this point Arum fears that Manny may lose in a tune up against a nobody, a instant rematch makes it official he's trying to cash Pacquaio out

That or he knows damn well that Pac vs "soft touch" won't be a PPV fight and he can't get the most out of it. It will have to be free on HBO which Arum won't allow it. (Rios will not be a "soft touch" by the way after that KO loss) ****ing Scumbag Arum, hate that ****er.
str1 is online now  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #21
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Ya no tune up because they know pac wont look good and they want to cash out on him

Its gonna be a sad ending to the pac legend... as is so often the case with legends in boxing.
Like that old saying! All Gladiators fall or something similar
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #22
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

LOL @ Bradley.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #23
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
& Bradley is left picking his ass?... What shit.
Uncle Bob has that WBO title safely stashed away, no point in letting Pac get it back is there

Pac don't need no belt, Bradley does
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Wow I figured the fight would be made towards the end when Arum is ready to cash out on him.

This is basically just guaranteeing Pac to get stopped brutally again or just get beat 12 rounds to 0. Pacs best bet is to be aggressive and outboxing JMM is never going to happen. He tried that in the 3rd fight. Now JMM has a mental edge too not to mention I am 100% sure that Pacs chin has been cracked.

I would not be surprised he Pac gets embarrassed here.

I dont buy it. Arum is not this dumb. He knows Pac can be carefully matched and he can get at least 3-4 more fights out of him before he matches him up with JMM again.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
Manos de Hierro
Journeyman

Quote:
No trolling pre Barrerra I was a die hard Manny fan, Pactards made me hate and start trolling Manny

Truthfully I never wanted to see Manny slept like that, I just wanted Manny to get touch up a lil the 3rd round flash was enough for me, I was rooting for Manny after that then bam.........., I almost want to cry for him seriously......Any other promoter would be trying to build their fighter back up, why try to throw him back into the lions den, after getting ko'ed. JMM was already in his head, the mental hurdle is far to great for Manny to overcome and try to avenge his loss this time
This is a hell of an admission. ^

Manos de Hierro is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #26
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

If Pac is going to fight again he definitely needs to take on someone who doesn't know him as well as JMM does. WTF, is Taam Pac that desperate to get one convincing win over JMM? Makes very little sense based on 3 things:

1. Pac can still make a lot of money fighting Bradley or Rios
2. Another brutal KO could end Pac's life. Fighting a guy who knows how to take advantage of Pac's weakness just increases that chance.
3. Even if Pac wins, he'd have beaten a 40 yr old guy who finally got caught by father time. Not much satisfaction for Pac.

For Pac's best interest, I truly hope this decision comes down to his family vs. Arum. And I hope his family wins. During the post fight interview it was clear Pac thought it was a bad idea when Arum brought up a 5th fight. Clearly we have a case of a father and son type of relationship where son is forced to believe father knows best.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #27
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #28
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I hate what Arum is doing to an all time great like Pac, making him fight the one guy who has his number stylistically FIVE times. Pac, say no. Screw this guy, you don't need him. High risk, low reward. I feel like this is what Oscar did to Katsidis, throw a sub elite guy in with elite after elite when there are plenty of people he COULD have beaten before you prematurely shot him.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #29
Elite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 143

Arum must of lost a big bet. The guy just ktfo and wants him fight Marquez again.
Elite is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #30
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
If Pac is going to fight again he definitely needs to take on someone who doesn't know him as well as JMM does. WTF, is Taam Pac that desperate to get one convincing win over JMM? Makes very little sense based on 3 things:

1. Pac can still make a lot of money fighting Bradley or Rios
2. Another brutal KO could end Pac's life. Fighting a guy who knows how to take advantage of Pac's weakness just increases that chance.
3. Even if Pac wins, he'd have beaten a 40 yr old guy who finally got caught by father time. Not much satisfaction for Pac.

For Pac's best interest, I truly hope this decision comes down to his family vs. Arum. And I hope his family wins. During the post fight interview it was clear Pac thought it was a bad idea when Arum brought up a 5th fight. Clearly we have a case of a father and son type of relationship where son is forced to believe father knows best.
I dont understand this either, I'm [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

They are really trying to give JMM, Manny's head on a silver platter. If Manny was smart and if he had the money he needs to buy out his contract with Arum now, they are trying to drain every last bit out of Manny, when Manny has a 30-40 million dollar payday floating behind him still. Manny has to understand that Arum works for him, you can't let anybody who works for you dictate how shit is gonna down. If Roach cared about Manny he'd tell him get his house in order

A JMM doesn't have to happen now I'm sure he could lure JMM out of retirement in a year or 2 for a big money rematch then, but why now, Manny's people should ask why now...........
sbbigmike is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum