Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248
Default Re: All I hear is that Pac was dominating the fight

I'd like to get GTSK's take on all this.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

The thing is ... Pac has never won rounds that clearly against Marquez, they were always, always, always swing rounds before, thus the arguments about who won, some always favoring the crisp counterpuncher and some the swarming aggressor, but FINALLY Pac was clearly winning rounds. I was so happy, I think he WAS dominating, because he was in his groove. JMM was in lots of trouble, and one of them was going to go.

Great performance, especially from Pac, who has never really clearly won rounds against JMM without knockdowns as easily as he was. Such a shame.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

pac was winning the fight. jmm won r3 and r6. jmm was laid back waiting for pac to make a mistake and kho
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #19
xzero
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
This..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini View Post
The thing is ... Pac has never won rounds that clearly against Marquez, they were always, always, always swing rounds before, thus the arguments about who won, some always favoring the crisp counterpuncher and some the swarming aggressor, but FINALLY Pac was clearly winning rounds. I was so happy, I think he WAS dominating, because he was in his groove. JMM was in lots of trouble, and one of them was going to go.

Great performance, especially from Pac, who has never really clearly won rounds against JMM without knockdowns as easily as he was. Such a shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
pac was winning the fight. jmm won r3 and r6. jmm was laid back waiting for pac to make a mistake and kho
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzero View Post
The point I'd like to make is, pac was winning, but Marquez plan all along was never to win the rounds, it was to bait Pacquiao and rip him with the mother of all counters

which is what happened

no beautiful combinations in this fight on the part of JMM, just a bunch of right hand bombs which landed numerous times throughout the fight.

pacquaio only won rounds bigger than ever before because jmm was just not trying to win them
xzero is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

i thought pac was up by one at the 6th round and was winning till he ran into a perfectly timed shot from jmm
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Pac got a lucky knockdown in the 4th. He tripped JMM.
markq is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #22
Elite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 143

Quote:
pacquaio only won rounds bigger than ever before because jmm was just not trying to win them
Must be why he wasn`t trying to ko him and and should have let it go to decision....

Had Pac up by one though. I would say Marquez took more risks to land huge shots to ko him. Because of those risks it look like Marquez was only going to last two more rounds with all the shots he was eating.
Elite is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #23
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

1) 10-9 Marquez

2) 10-9 Pacquiao

3) 10-8 Marquez

4) 10-9 Pacquiao

5) 10-8 Pacquiao

6) U all saw what the **** happened Manny was not dominating at all HBO was trying to sell that kool aid to ya'll again
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #24
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Especially after he seen that he could drop Pacquaio, after that he was going after Pacquiao head with them overhand rights, like he was attacking them speed bags in training
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #25
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
1) 10-9 Marquez

2) 10-9 Pacquiao

3) 10-8 Marquez

4) 10-9 Pacquiao

5) 10-8 Pacquiao

6) U all saw what the **** happened Manny was not dominating at all HBO was trying to sell that kool aid to ya'll again
Marquez wasn't even that hurt, he took good shots, but we all know JMM has a heart like no other, when his back is against the wall. Honestly IMO JMM wasn't even that hurt from the knock down, Manny caught with a straight left as he was stepping in and their feet tangled, got up and kept fighting back strong no holding or nothing. That right hook near the end of 5 buzzed JMM though, but even then he wasn't holding and flurrying in his own right, to only hear Roy and Lampley screaming like girls
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #26
Jak Boxer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
So JMM wasn't trying to win rounds?

I guess JMM also allowed Manny to braek his nose and bloody up his face.

He was simply getting outboxed/ outfought. It wasn't outright domination, but it was some of the clearest rounds we've ever seen between the two.
Jak Boxer is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #27
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Pacquiao nearly got ktfo in rd 5

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

he got ktfo with that same punch next round.
Exactly Doc!

People forget that even in that 5th round when Marquez' legs went stiff, he landed and hurt Pacquiao right back.
When this happened I knew right then and there that Marquez mindset was to leave it all in the ring and have no regrets.

Would'nt have been my advice to him, but what a ****ing WARRIOR Marquez is!
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #28
Jak Boxer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
1) 10-9 Marquez

2) 10-9 Pacquiao

3) 10-8 Marquez

4) 10-9 Pacquiao

5) 10-8 Pacquiao

Round 1 was easy Pacquiao. Cant remember Round 2, but I gave every one to Pac aside from the ones he got knocked down in.

There was no koolaid drinking here, just reality. Get over it Marquez won, but he was getting his ass beat prior to the KO.
Jak Boxer is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #29
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

This is just what I see. I'm no expert. But I believe the plan was to look for wide openings and conserve energy while throwing occasional body shots to wear Pac down. He was already throwing a ton of punches right after the opening bell. Just a matter of time for he slowed down and looked human. Due to Pac's early onslaught you are going to get hit, it just comes with the territory when someone is putting that much pressure on you. But still, Pac wasn't as effective as people would like to think.

Rd 1: close, could've gone either way, gave it to JMM
Rd 2: another close round, gave it to Pac
Rd 3: JMM dominates
Rd 4: close but JMM wins, landed a great body shot at the end of the round
Rd 5: Pac's best round obviously but still, JMM showed good defense which prevented him from getting KOed toward the end
Rd 6: Yes, Pac was outpointing JMM, but both landed good shots, KO at the end pretty much overshadows everything Pac has done up to that point

Pac dominated rd 5 but that's nullified by JMM's rd 3. Therefore a domination from Pac was non existent. He did well though. He looked good which is why JMM gets full credit for the win.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #30
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
Marquez wasn't even that hurt, he took good shots, but we all know JMM has a heart like no other, when his back is against the wall. Honestly IMO JMM wasn't even that hurt from the knock down, Manny caught with a straight left as he was stepping in and their feet tangled, got up and kept fighting back strong no holding or nothing. That right hook near the end of 5 buzzed JMM though, but even then he wasn't holding and flurrying in his own right, to only hear Roy and Lampley screaming like girls
I would like to see another angle of Mannys knock down over Marquez because the way Marquez fell and what had actually landed it looked to me like Manny may have stepped on Juans foot and hit him it looks like that was the case and Marquez wasnt "Hurt" from that but it was a clean shot that did catch his attention.
Bazooka is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum