Old 12-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #496
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post

Wow Failey your really treading water here ..Jones was never given anything ,and seems your the only one that's fooled by titles .Since when did the WBO account for anything ? It never did ! And Jones won those belts in the ring against fighters DM refused to fight ! You really need to stick to Calzaghe topics !Your boxing Rec knowledge has failed you here !
Refused to fight? You are obviously not aware of the circumstances under which DM was stripped. When you find out come back and retract that statement.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #497
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Bailey,

Quote:
So you have no proof then? So HBO wanted the mandatory Frazier fight then, instead of undefeated at SMW Collins
I'll try and find some. Not that it will make any difference with you.

I'm saying that HBO wanted the unification fight with Reggie over the Collins one.

Quote:
Neither was Otis Grant
Ha! Here's Otis popping up again. What's this got to do with anything? We're talking about the position that Collins was in in 1999.

Quote:
Not as big as DM
Possibly. In 1999 Reggie was seen as a big fight. After Reggie, people associated DM has Roy's only other opponent that had the remaining belt. The longer the fight went without being mde, the more people talked about it. I agree that DM was the bigger fight in the end, but in 1999 I'm not so sure.

Quote:
Dont do anything for my benefit, you walked into your own shot there
I mentioned it, because I know what you're like.

If Roy had've beaten Collins but not fought Reggie, what would you be saying now?

Probably something on the lines of "Collins had already being beaten by Reggie Johnson. Why didn't Roy fight the guy who beat Collins? The Collins win meant nothing."

I think that's a pretty good guess of what you'd have said. You can't win with guys like you. You wouldn't have been satisfied if he'd have beaten Lewis.

We know that you hold Eubank's losses to Thompson in higher regard than Roy's win over Ruiz.

Quote:
I seem to remember it being hyped in the papers and was still being talked about from 96
It would have been in Britain wouldn't it. He'd just fought Benn and Eubank and was popular.

Quote:
You seem to be owned by belts. Tell me would Jones against Johnson have been bigger than Jones DM if DM relinquished his title?
You're trying to wriggle out of the question.

Steve Collins was a great fighter. But in 1999 when he got in the ring with Roy, he'd done nothing for a while. Roy was fighting at 175, and his objective was to unify the division.

AT THE TIME, a fight with Reggie to unify at 175 was BIGGER than a fight with a retired 168 fighter.

Simple as that! That's not being disrespectful to Steve, but that's how it was AT THE TIME.

Quote:
Show me, Im not going round looking at others posts, when it could be a point of view of another poster. Show me the evidence
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO, IS GO TO PAGE SIX OF THIS THREAD, AND LOOK AT POST 78.

I'm not going to re post it, when it will take you literally about 20 seconds to find it.

Page 6, post 78. How hard can that be?

Quote:
No he wasnt
Yes he was. Read up on it.

Quote:
Where? No I havent
You admitted that Hop priced himself out, and didn't want the fight.

You then said, Roy didn't take up the offers of fighting those two guys. You were referring to Hop and DM, because Roy fought Reggie and Telesco.

So, if Hop priced himself out, there was no offer for Roy to take up was there?

Quote:
Was with DM, he was even calling Jones out in the Ring mag by making open offers, didnt see Roy respond, but Roy knew how to place those adds, as he was putting them in the ring mag for Gainer to call out Hamed
You can can mention the Ring mag all day long.

When DM was pushed in an interview about when he was fighting Roy, the only thing he could say was "Talk to my management."

Brad Jacobs and the guys at HBO could never get to talk to Kohl, and he refused the idea of a double header which was stupid!

Mmm, I wonder why this was?

You also have this as well as the links on post 78.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Also, we know what DM did after talks broke down.

He had the opportunity to fight Roy in America, it's pretty obvious that he wasn't interested. Talk is cheap. He can say anything to a magazine. When push came to shove, Peter Kohl never sat down with Jacobs and HBO to make that fight.

He stayed in Germany and continued to fight b class opposition who Roy had toyed with.

Last edited by Loudon; 12-13-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #498
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post
Refused to fight? You are obviously not aware of the circumstances under which DM was stripped. When you find out come back and retract that statement.

Uh maybe you should go back and look up the circumstances as to why he was stripped ..I was fully aware as to who were his mandos and why he was stripped.It seems more DM defenders love to over look certain facts when arguing this topic !When you get all the facts then maybe you can come back and retract your statements .
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #499
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Read this slowly Loudon:

DM did NOT have the opportunity to fight Jones in the US.

You are making things up. He was maybe offered an undercard slot, but NEVER a Jones fight.

Prove me wrong!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #500
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Uh maybe you should go back and look up the circumstances as to why he was stripped ..I was fully aware as to who were his mandos and why he was stripped.It seems more DM defenders love to over look certain facts when arguing this topic !When you get all the facts then maybe you can come back and retract your statements .
Ok. Why was DM stripped?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #501
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ok. Why was DM stripped?
The WBA stripped him for refusing to fight Lou Devalle the IBF stripped him for refusing to fight William Guthrie who was manged by King !But you should have know that why you asking me ?
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #502
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=bailey;14392217[QUOTE]
]
Quote:
Of course he didnt. Jones wouldnt fight him. why else would he. Jones was asked out right there and wouldnt answer.
Do you need me to post the video again and show you Roys answer
I think you should read up on this because you're embarrassing yourself.

Quote:
Show me where!! You say these things and dont show
You're now asking me to show you evidence, yet you refuse to move your mouse to page six and read the other links from page 78.

Do you think I'm going to waste my time looking online, when you won't even read the other links, that will take you 20 seconds to find?

Quote:
So was DM before he was stripped. Once again you are fooled by titles. DM beat the man for them. Jones just picked up against the titles DM vacated and fighter who won them after he vacated.
remember DM beat the man. He was the real champ
DM was stripped and did nothing about it.

Lets look at Roy against Griffin. What he did was stupid, and he deserved the DQ. But what happened after? He ordered Levin to make the fight at any cost, and was in a bad mood for a whole three months. Smoke Gainer and Gabe Brown said they'd never seen him like that. He was outraged and demanded the rematch. What happened in the rematch? He iced him in a single round. That's just an example for you.

Now, what happened when DM was stripped? What did he do? You would have assumed that he'd have been outraged at Roy walking around with three belts. You would assume that he'd have been dying to get Roy in the ring to get them back.

What happened? Kohl refused the double header, and wouldn't negotiate with Jacobs and HBO. He wouldn't go to America.

What did he do after talks had broken down? He was so outraged that Roy was the unified champ, he continued to fight in Germany and fight Richard Hall twice and Harmon who Roy'd easily beaten. That right there tells you how bad he wanted his old belts back that had been taken from him.

Quote:
I said at LHW and at LHW I think they are similar
I'm talking about at 175. There are in no way even similar. Let's do a head to head of their best wins at the weight. And be honest and not biased.

Quote:
DM beat -
Hill the man of the division and WBA/IBF champ, before Jones,
Rocchigiani the stripped WBA champ who Jones wouldnt face
Barber the WBO champ
Thadzi who beat Toney (that is a joke)
Griffin who beat Jones
Like I say, we'll do a fair head to head of each fighters best wins, and there we'll do a comparison, and then see what opinions the other posters have.

Quote:
Its where these people were when they were fought that counts
You should remember this when you post your stats on other threads. Boxrec stats are very useful but they don't allow for circumstances.

Quote:
Jones was given a WBC title and the WBA & IBF
Yep, one day while feeding his chickens on his farm in Pensacola, a Fed Ex van pulled up, and the driver shouted out "Yo Roy! Your three belts are here, come and sign for them!"

Last edited by Loudon; 12-13-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #503
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
The point was that the part about DM was ridiculously biased and unbelievable and yet you used that as truthfull evidence for your stonewall opinion that DM wanted none of Jones. I found that horrible loudon. I thought you where better than that.
How was it biased?

You've now been shown 4 articles, a video, and another article from earlier with Murad Muhammad.

You can also boxrec his resume whenever you like?

Ha!

WHAT MORE DO YOU POSSIBLY NEED??????????????
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #504
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The WBA stripped him for refusing to fight Lou Devalle the IBF stripped him for refusing to fight William Guthrie who was manged by King !But you should have know that why you asking me ?
How much time did he get to make the defense?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #505
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Loudon must be trying to research Sheffield
Why the **** would I pretend to be from Sheffield if I wasn't??

Me and Knockout have had many discussions about Naz and how he's percieved in Sheffield, and we've discussed Herol and all of the other fighters from Brendan's gym and my mate who boxes called John Fewkes etc etc.

Go and ask him.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #506
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
How much time did he get to make the defense?
30 days BatTheLan, but even a bell end like you would know that
banny is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #507
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
How was it biased?

You've now been shown 4 articles, a video, and another article from earlier with Murad Muhammad.

You can also boxrec his resume whenever you like?

Ha!

WHAT MORE DO YOU POSSIBLY NEED??????????????
Why it was biased?

Do you seriously believe that DM demanded all of the 6M for himself? I mean thats ridiculous. A joke!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #508
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
DM was never an undercardfighter, but he said he was willing to do it IF he got paid what he would get for a standard defense in Germany. That sounds fair to me. Does it Sound fair to you?
Ha! you don't think Kohl was making an excuse? Really? It was a double header to promote the fight.

There was no reason on earth not to take the double header. It would have hyped the fight, got everyone buzzing, and they could have fought each other after and made big money.

If DM had've been interested Kohl would have jumped at the chance!

He refused the double header, then ended up fighting Hall and Harmon.

That's how SERIOUS they were about fighting Roy.

It doesn't take a lot of working out!

Last edited by Loudon; 12-13-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #509
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by banny View Post
30 days BatTheLan, but even a bell end like you would know that
Wauw! A full 30 days! I wonder why DM didnt stage and promote the fight then. Plenty of time no?

NOT!

Imperial: That's not really a fair deal is it?

Tranny: You may leave now.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #510
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Ha! you don't think Kohl was making an excuse? Really? It was a double header to promote the fight.

There was no reason on earth not to take the double header. It would hyped the fight, got everyone buzzing, and they could have fought each other after and made big money.

If DM had've been interested Kohl would have jumped at the chance!

He refused the double header, then ended up fighting Hall and Harmon.

That's how SERIOUS they were about fighting Roy.

It doesn't take a lot of working out!
Was he or was he not offered a Jones fight? Simple question. Yes or no.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum