boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Thumbs up What makes you ****? A 12 round boxing masterclass or a straight blowout?

I know its a stupid comparison, because we all like to see both, but for me personally, a fighter utilizing a boxing skillset over 12 rounds and out boxing and outfoxing his opponent, to me is far more interesting.

I would expect boxing enthusiasts to appreciate a 12 round masterclass more. As it tends to be casuals who jump on the bandwagon, sold by the prefight hype, that just want to see 1 round knockouts and start to boo if a fight goes past 3 rounds.
craney91 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835
Default Re: What makes you ****? A 12 round boxing masterclass or a straight blowout?

Always good to see a fire fight but nothing beats spotting a classy operator laying a trap and seeing how the other responds. I remember watching Mosley vs Mayweather and after the round where Mayweather was hurt you could see shane trying the same combo but Floyd was offering him it. Once Floyd seen where it was going and put an end to it Mosley had nothing else to give.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: What makes you ****? A 12 round boxing masterclass or a straight blowout?

What make me ****? Women.
Abdullah is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
rossco666
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
I know its a stupid comparison, because we all like to see both, but for me personally, a fighter utilizing a boxing skillset over 12 rounds and out boxing and outfoxing his opponent, to me is far more interesting.

I would expect boxing enthusiasts to appreciate a 12 round masterclass more. As it tends to be casuals who jump on the bandwagon, sold by the prefight hype, that just want to see 1 round knockouts and start to boo if a fight goes past 3 rounds.
I used to love watching Roy Jones dishing out a masterclass and a blow out of an overhyped fighters also great to watch [Bute vs Froch being the latest] but for me a back and forth war is hard to beat. Morales vs Barrera 1, Coralles vs Castillo 1, Ali vs Frazier 3, Chavez vs Taylor 1, Benn vs Mcclellan and many many more.
My bro's got **** loads of dvd's on even older classic wars. He baught them on ebay. I dont watch them because the quality is ****.
rossco666 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Always good to see a fire fight but nothing beats spotting a classy operator laying a trap and seeing how the other responds. I remember watching Mosley vs Mayweather and after the round where Mayweather was hurt you could see shane trying the same combo but Floyd was offering him it. Once Floyd seen where it was going and put an end to it Mosley had nothing else to give.
Floyd is just a master of his craft. You only have to look at the fighters he has made look amateur, the same fighters who then go and give other fighters tough fights. He is just on another level and it is a joy to watch him work.

We are very lucky.

He sold Ricky that check left hook all fight, he planted the seed a few times in that very same corner Ricky headbutted later on. Once it was the right time, he committed and pulled it of superbly. OK Ricky is one of the most one dimensional fighters, and like a dog chasing a treat, but you could see Floyd lining up that specific shot all fight.

True class.

The pull counter is a thing to cherish, after Mosley gave Mayweather trouble, he adjusted and completely dominated Shane, his best punch was gone, it never connected in that way again. Bless Shane, he was more than likely mentally scarred after that fight. It was a masterclass.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco666 View Post
I used to love watching Roy Jones dishing out a masterclass and a blow out of an overhyped fighters also great to watch [Bute vs Froch being the latest] but for me a back and forth war is hard to beat. Morales vs Barrera 1, Coralles vs Castillo 1, Ali vs Frazier 3, Chavez vs Taylor 1, Benn vs Mcclellan and many many more.
My bro's got **** loads of dvd's on even older classic wars. He baught them on ebay. I dont watch them because the quality is ****.
No Gatti-Ward?

WTF IS THIS ****?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

i hope the mods ban craney his posts are dog ****
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
rossco666
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No Gatti-Ward?

WTF IS THIS ****?
How could i forget Ive even got the trilogy boxset
There's that many tho Craney. Ibeabuchi vs Tua is another.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco666 View Post
How could i forget Ive even got the trilogy boxset
There's that many tho Craney. Ibeabuchi vs Tua is another.
Marquez-Pacquiao.

Quillin-N'dam the other week was a f*cking barnstormer.

Back to the topic: There is an art to a KO to, we all like to see a KO, I mean look at Marquez KO of Pacquiao. It was more than just a punch, it was sublime technique, perfect timing, perfect positioning, perfect accuracy, executed to perfection, the punch had all Marquez's body behind it. He waited and waited and waited like a bird of prey, to get it so it counted in the way that it did.

But lets be honest, how often do we see a punch like this? The last time I saw such a brutal KO was Martinez-Williams.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

dunno.

but i must say in recent years i LOVED the hopkins - pavlik masterclass
doug.ie is online now  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1500

I like to pompously at times consider myself a connoisseur of boxing. But if I am honest I would much rather watch two brawlers slug it out over six rounds, than watch Pernell Whitaker outclass a world ranked opponent over twelve.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #12
rossco666
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Marquez-Pacquiao.

Quillin-N'dam the other week was a f*cking barnstormer.

Back to the topic: There is an art to a KO to, we all like to see a KO, I mean look at Marquez KO of Pacquiao. It was more than just a punch, it was sublime technique, perfect timing, perfect positioning, perfect accuracy, executed to perfection, the punch had all Marquez's body behind it. He waited and waited and waited like a bird of prey, to get it so it counted in the way that it did.

But lets be honest, how often do we see a punch like this? The last time I saw such a brutal KO was Martinez-Williams.
It was also the best punch ive seen since Martinez-Williams.
It wasnt just the technique of Marquez that generated the power, it was the fact Pac also put his full weight into the punch while trying to get off his own punch. It doubled the power. The timing was spot on from Marquez, i dont think it was luck, Marquez is a great counter pouncher, the only one better is Mayweather
Old 12-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #13
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

a guy specialized in blowouts getting a lesson for twelve rounds
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #14
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict

A mix of both!

Always remember Mosley - Margarito!
glue glove is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I like to see a boxing masterclass and then the ability to finish the fight late-ish on.

Flash personified! Talk about rubbing your opponents nose in it. Beating them to the punch, out working, out thinking, taking your opponents heart, eating it, frustrating them round after round, then finishing the fight.

The ultimate ass whoop, you have well and truly demoralized the bloke.
craney91 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum