Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675
Default Floyd vs JMM at 140. Would you buy it?

We know the money fights for JMM at the moment are PBF or Pac. Pac fight seems like a forgone conclusion that JMM wins again. KOs like that change people and Pac can only really do worse here IMO.

PBF i feel was so one sided solely because of the weight. JMM said it himself. He couldnt even push him with his punches. If they made the fight at 140 I dont feel PBF would have such a huge weight advantage. By fight night both would be at about 150 or a little more. Also I dont think it is impossible for PBF to get down there if he really did lose 15 pounds in jail. I have always felt that PBF bulks up to 160 for his WW fights. The difference in size from his weigh ins to the actual fight are pretty noticeable and definitely not the 4-5 pounds his fans would have you think.

I in no way am saying that JMM wins this fight but it would level out the playing field and with JMMs new strength and conditioning coach it can only be a better fight. Besides who else is JMM going to fight now and collect the type of check he deserves? Pac? Nahh I want JMM to have a chance at redemption.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
HitBattousai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1375
Default Re: Floyd vs JMM at 140. Would you buy it?

Floyd would never go down to 140 lbs to fight Marquez, he would make Marquez come up. And it's clear that from the first Floyd vs Marquez fight that he was willing to lie on TV and come in at the weight he wanted anyway, so even if Floyd said he'd drop to 140, he would be at whatever weight he wanted come fight night which would not be 140 lbs.

In an alternate reality where Floyd wasn't like that and actually would make 140 safely, I doubt it would make much difference in the fight. It's a terrible style matchup for JMM that forces him to play the role of aggressor instead of his natural counterpunching role, and while he can do that against a lot of fighters, Floyd's defense and edge in athleticism is just too much for him to overcome. He'd be more competitive than their first fight but probably not much more.
HitBattousai is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Froid can't even make 144 . Sorry I second that, Marquez would have to go down to 135 to fight Froid. I forgot that Froid lost 15 pounds of muscle. Marquez would have to drop Angel and go with Jenny Craig to make this fight happen.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
Froid can't even make 144 .
ENd OF DISCUSSION
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Nope.

I have no interest in this fight.

The true dynamics of this fight dont change no matter what the circumstances....

Floyd will always beat JMM in my opinion, and I have no desire to see it again.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
Froid can't even make 144 . Sorry I second that, Marquez would have to go down to 135 to fight Froid. I forgot that Froid lost 15 pounds of muscle. Marquez would have to drop Angel and go with Jenny Craig to make this fight happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
ENd OF DISCUSSION
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

It'd be a great money fight for Floyd, though he would insist at 147, to slow down Marquez's speed. He would whip up on him just like last time....

Im not sure why peeps think Marquez have a rematch with Floyd all of a sudden, like he got so much better than before. He's slower than before, just more powerful. Floyd lit him up with speed. This was a very bad style match-up for Marquez....

AND still is lol. Not sure why a win over Pacquiao all of a sudden makes him competitive for Floyd....
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

2 of my three favourite active fighters and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole even in Floyd could make the weight.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Well which one would you rather watch though. Pac-JMM 5 or JMM-PBF II? I think I have closure on the Pac fight and JMM wont be as excited for it. I can see him getting up for a second PBF fight though to avenge the loss. I think he has earned a shot at it as well. It would be a hell of alot better than a PBF-Guerrero fight as well.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

if he came in at 140 sure why not Marquez would beat the hell out of a drained Mayweather
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Floyd comes in at 160.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
No. Another schooling by PBF.

Styles.
Not if he comes down to 140 he will be dehydrated as all **** no way it would be another schooling he may win but it wont be easy under those circumstances
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #13
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
if he came in at 140 sure why not Marquez would beat the hell out of a drained Mayweather
You mean come up to 140...you must have forgot that Floyd is at 135, 15lbs below 150. Marquez would the the one drained for this fight.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What are the odds a Pacquiao fan responds to this thread with a hilarious comment about 15 pounds of muscle?
purephase is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #15
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
We know the money fights for JMM at the moment are PBF or Pac. Pac fight seems like a forgone conclusion that JMM wins again. KOs like that change people and Pac can only really do worse here IMO.

PBF i feel was so one sided solely because of the weight. JMM said it himself. He couldnt even push him with his punches. If they made the fight at 140 I dont feel PBF would have such a huge weight advantage. By fight night both would be at about 150 or a little more. Also I dont think it is impossible for PBF to get down there if he really did lose 15 pounds in jail. I have always felt that PBF bulks up to 160 for his WW fights. The difference in size from his weigh ins to the actual fight are pretty noticeable and definitely not the 4-5 pounds his fans would have you think.

I in no way am saying that JMM wins this fight but it would level out the playing field and with JMMs new strength and conditioning coach it can only be a better fight. Besides who else is JMM going to fight now and collect the type of check he deserves? Pac? Nahh I want JMM to have a chance at redemption.
Playing field? lol man marquez just ko pac at 147 pound limit no bs catchweight. So why should mayweather move down to 140 pounds? Cause of size advantage? If marquez cant take it then dont fight floyd. But this right there is making pacquiao look very bad because he got ko the f4ck by marquez in which floyd easily beat marquez in a shut out.
rayhogan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum