Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: All I hear is that Pac was dominating the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Evander Holyfleld mentality!
Like Marquez Holyfied to is a counterpuncher. He likes fighters to come to him.
A strong counterpuncher like Holyfield was always dangerous and ready to fire back even in instances where he had been stunned.
Speaking of which reminds me of a question that was asked of Holyfield right after his loss to Riddick Bowe in their classic first fight.
Holyfield was asked what was going through his mind while Bowe had him teeter toterring around the ring was battering him with shots in the 10th round. Holyfeld's response to that question was, "I was thinking, I got him now!"

All that aggression coming at a master counterpuncher, even when they're hurt a truly great counterpuncher will focus on all the openings being created by that aggression coming towards him.
Just made a Reference to Holyfield in my previous post here
Bazooka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #62
xzero
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Ohh and for the record, I'll take a broken nose over a near death experience any day
xzero is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #63
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 200

No domination, it was a hard fought bout from both guys. Maybe now the Marquez fans can chill out on claiming domination in the third fight when it was more like a glorified sparring match in comparison.
VBOX is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #64
Jorrvaskr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Pac was dominating the fight though. He was robbed due to an early stoppage from an attack that occurred a full 10 seconds after the bell to end the round. Im not complaining but you can't deny Marquez was lucky as hell the decision went his way.
Jorrvaskr is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #65
Chilli
spectator
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 975

Manny was very successful with lead left, right hook, straight left combination. Don't understand why he abandoned it and started to launch those wild attacks. They didn't do him any good -- he got countered and wasted energy. In the 6th he didn't look fresh and his focus was lost which ultimately led to a fatal mistake. Pac's corner did poor job. And what happened just shows not fully adequate approach to the fight.
Chilli is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #66
xzero
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorrvaskr View Post
Pac was dominating the fight though. He was robbed due to an early stoppage from an attack that occurred a full 10 seconds after the bell to end the round. Im not complaining but you can't deny Marquez was lucky as hell the decision went his way.
what ?

an early stoppage ?

10 sec after the bell ?

lucky to get a Decision ?

look dude, even if pac could of been saved by the bell, he wouldn't of beat the 1 minute count to start round 7
xzero is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #67
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Manny was very successful with lead left, right hook, straight left combination. Don't understand why he abandoned it and started to launch those wild attacks. They didn't do him any good -- he got countered and wasted energy. In the 6th he didn't look fresh and his focus was lost which ultimately led to a fatal mistake. Pac's corner did poor job. And what happened just shows not fully adequate approach to the fight.
He was actually doing good and hurt Marquez. What he did bad was getting overexcited and reckless.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #68
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorrvaskr View Post
THat one shot happened a split second before the bell sounded what the **** are you on about
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #69
Chilli
spectator
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
He was actually doing good and hurt Marquez. What he did bad was getting overexcited and reckless.
Partially I agree. Still seconds are there for a reason. They should see a consequences and warn their fighter about unjustified risks.
Chilli is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #70
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Marquez was not trying to win rounds nor outpoint Pacquiao. That is the one thing Roy and the announcing team did not realize until the KO. Marquez was not fighting his usually busy fight leading and countering regularly. Yeah, Pac's head movement was good and he was boxing better but JMM did not take every opening like he used to in past fights. He was throwing nothing but bombs to the head and body. I thought he was going to put Pac down with a body shot after the first knockdown. It was KO or nothing at all.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #71
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
That is Pacquiao though.. That is the shit I don't get. He is ALWAYS overexcited and reckless when he smells blood. After Marquez dropped him anybody with a brain that seen any Pac fight knows he was going to go balls to the wall and come back. Marquez just simply exploited Pacquiaos constant unchanged in 50 plus fights weakness.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #72
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Pacquiao nearly got ktfo in rd 5

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

he got ktfo with that same punch next round.
I wouldn't say he almost got ko'd, but that shot definitely hurt him, his legs were a bit shaky after that shot. Too bad Bayless got in the way...but that shot above happened about 10 seconds after JMM got up from the knockdown. People are overstating how much Pac was dominating. He was landing some good shots, but JMM was landing some good shots in return, i.e., Pac never hit Juan w/o being hit back at least once in the rounds he supposedly dominated.
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #73
birdhead
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Chump, punk ass Pactards are great at revising history, i'll give them that! It was Manny who pulled out of the proposed March 13, 2010 fight with Floyd, but Pac Chumps deny that also.
birdhead is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #74
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Pactards think they win every round of every fight f*ck those idiots.If he was it wasn't by much Marquez was bout to get the lead back after 2nd Knockdown.I had 1 point for Marquez & some had it 1 pt the other way excluding the Kd meaning had manny gotten up Marquez would be up from anywhere 1-3 pts on peoples scorecards.What was going to happen happened anyways Marquez won end of story.Everybody underestimated him like always Thinking he's too old & Pac would KO him instead he stook it up everyone's ass .Gotta love it .Pactards are in mad denial still trying to find a legitimate excuse .They're saying/accusing Marquez had better steroids after Marquez accepted all tests & aced floyds ,Like Marquez vs manny & all 3 judges wasn't enough .
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #75
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

I watched the fight in a noisy house, and heard no audio. I can't wait until the HBO replay, because I want to see what Roach was saying in the corner. He should have been telling Pac to calm down, and be careful of counters after the third. This fight shows what a relatively low ring IQ Pacquiao has...I mean, he had to realize that Marquez wasn't ****ing around. In the closing seconds of the 6th, Pac snapped Juan's head back with a nice left. Marquez responded immediately with a flurry that drove Pac back. Pac should have known that Marquez wasn't that hurt, and should have backed the **** off...just took the round. But no, he decided to get reckless and throw a combo (jab, jab, straight left) that JMM has nullified over and over...

Part of having a low ring IQ is the inability to adjust to what your opponent is doing. In the second round, Mayweather got rocked by Mosley. Mosley threw a left to the body, then a right over the top which caught Floyd square on the chin. Mosley tired the same exact combo in the next round, and got popped. Floyd had pretty much dared Mosley to try that combo again.
mrtony80 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum