Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #46
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: I thought punching power could not be improved at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
....And the number one benefit to weight training is the effect it has on the tendons, tendons are responsible for power. H .
Good point, but you left out one important thing: Weight training also naturally increases your bodies testosterone / androgen level. That's always a good thing, for any athlete.

But anyway, why are people responding to the OP like he had some valid point?

JMM weighed about the same in this fight as in the last two Pac fights, and the same as he weighed against Floyd in 2009.

Pactards will be Pactards, not much else to say.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #47
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post

What have I personally got to do with the facts that I'm talking about? And how on earth are you going to be able to judge power from me hitting a bag?

Probably because they spent time in the weight room instead of perfecting their technique. Weights aren't going to make you punch hard on their own, you need to know how to punch first. Obviously.
Power also has a lot to do with strength to weight ratio, if you're building a lot of muscle you're going to decrease your punching power. You can be a great puncher without weights but that same guy could be a better puncher with some intelligent, periodised weight training that doesn't get in the way of his boxing training and doesn't make him put on too much mass.
P.S. 1000lbs on the three lifts isn't anywhere close to being bragworthy unless you weigh under 150.
If you're talking all this shit about you being a big time puncher, show me something.

Until then, you're full of shit.

Man, the first day I stepped in the gym, I was the hardest puncher in the gym, save for the heavyweights.

I didn't know any damn technique. I could just punch.

So how the **** you explain that? It was just coincidental that I lifted weights. And again, you say my lifts aren't shit, but show me you lifting.

All you do is talk. Talk talk talk, but you don't ever show anybody anything.

When I was in the military, I did a weightlifting competition, and I was #2 PFP in strength, and #4 overall in the competition.

The #1 guy was a former college running back.

See, you talk, talk talk, but put up you hitting a bag. I want to see this shit.

I'm telling you, I've seen guys that were small, but lifted some heavy weight, yet the coach called them mosiquito bite punchers. They couldn't hurt shit.

There were two guys I knew who fit this description, and they went on to MMA.

But while I lifed weights, I don't believe it necessarily contributed much to my power. A guy that was long and lean, and maybe 10 or 15 lbs heavier was harder puncher than me, and he didn't lift a weight in his life.

He hit me so hard one time, my ankles spun. He had that Pacquaio type power.

Granted, I never walked into his punch, but my point stand, dude didn't lift weights.

Anotehr guy about 10 lbs lighter, could punch almost as hard, and he didn't lift weights.

But you lift all these ****in weights, so put up a video of you punching the bag.

You the shit right?

So let's see this shit. I want to see you beat the **** outta the bag.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #48
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Ive never bought into the whole myth that punching power can not be improved.
Its the same bullshit as people thinking all muscle mass functions the same.

Theres a big difference between a bodybuilders muscles and someone who trains for actual strength.
High weights, low reps and proper diet you will increase your strength.
Daruf is online now  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #49
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

For real though, dealt with talks all this shit.

Put up a video of you punching, dealt with. Prove this shit. You're so ****sure, I want to see if you really got power.

Let's see it.

I'll be able to tell by listening. And if I don't hear it, you're a joke.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #50
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Waiting on that video, dealt with.

Go search YOUTUBE for a guy you can claim is you, you bitch.

You're the defenition of a internet ***** pretender. You talk all that shit, like how you were aboxing champ and all this bullshit, and talk talk talk, but you haven't done shit.

So show me what's up.

Show the whole ****in forum what's up.

Make sure you say, What's up EASTSIDE BOXING on a sign so people know, dealt with or should I say LEFTY.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #51
Shrewd Operator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Clearly no one here has any grasp of science,

Power = mass x speed x velocity

There are more variables than just one(adding muscle mass), improved speed is a factor, improved timing.

Marquez spent a lot of his training camp training the explosive muscle fibres, power comes with speed.
Shrewd Operator is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #52
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvk2007 View Post
All i have ever heard is that punching power is genetics and that building muscle will not increase power, yet everyone keeps saying that Marquez improve his power because he put on muscle. what is this shit?
I can't explain it myself. I guess Marquez found some new training technique to improve strength and power? I don't know. He hulked Pacquiao and then Deebo'd him.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #53
Shrewd Operator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Also marquez has always been a puncher, he's also worked on that right hand thousands of times in preparation for pacquiao.....
Shrewd Operator is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #54
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewd Operator View Post

There are more variables than just one(adding muscle mass), improved speed is a factor, improved timing.

Marquez spent a lot of his training camp training the explosive muscle fibres, power comes with speed.
Marquez could always punch. Like other's said, it basically contributed to his sharpness.

He could keep that crispness on it, but it comes at an expense. And that's his mobility.

That's why he was taking so many punches. All that lifting grounds you a little more, but it gives you a little stiffness.

It comes with a cost.

A guy with long arms and speed would pick Marquez apart. Shit, if Pac stayed on his gameplan he could have done the same, although Marquez has a very difficult style for Pacquaio.

Either way though, Marquez is a natural puncher that topped off. I wanna see dealt with aka lefty punch a bag. I want to see his proclaimed power

I gotta see this shit. He talks all that shit, so put that shit on display.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #55
SpeedKills
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Also marquez has always been a puncher, he's also worked on that right hand thousands of times in preparation for pacquiao.....
Not really, he definitely not feather fisted, hits very solidly, but i wouldn't go around saying he is a puncher, atleast not before the Pacquiao KO. I consider a puncher someone that can drop solid chinned fighters with one shot.

It's like Nacho said, Marquez catches guys with 4 flush shots on the chin and then they go down, he's never been much of a puncher.
SpeedKills is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #56
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
If you're talking all this shit about you being a big time puncher, show me something.

Until then, you're full of shit.

Man, the first day I stepped in the gym, I was the hardest puncher in the gym, save for the heavyweights.

I didn't know any damn technique. I could just punch.

So how the **** you explain that? It was just coincidental that I lifted weights. And again, you say my lifts aren't shit, but show me you lifting.

All you do is talk. Talk talk talk, but you don't ever show anybody anything.

When I was in the military, I did a weightlifting competition, and I was #2 PFP in strength, and #4 overall in the competition.

The #1 guy was a former college running back.

See, you talk, talk talk, but put up you hitting a bag. I want to see this shit.

I'm telling you, I've seen guys that were small, but lifted some heavy weight, yet the coach called them mosiquito bite punchers. They couldn't hurt shit.

There were two guys I knew who fit this description, and they went on to MMA.

But while I lifed weights, I don't believe it necessarily contributed much to my power. A guy that was long and lean, and maybe 10 or 15 lbs heavier was harder puncher than me, and he didn't lift a weight in his life.

He hit me so hard one time, my ankles spun. He had that Pacquaio type power.

Granted, I never walked into his punch, but my point stand, dude didn't lift weights.

Anotehr guy about 10 lbs lighter, could punch almost as hard, and he didn't lift weights.

But you lift all these ****in weights, so put up a video of you punching the bag.

You the shit right?

So let's see this shit. I want to see you beat the **** outta the bag.
When did I claim I'm a big time puncher? When does n=1 mean anything? The things I'm talking about are facts of the human body, I don't care about anecdotes from a retard who doesn't even come close to understanding the factors involved. You're a moron, go play in the traffic.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #57
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I think you can gain power but only slightly. You're not gonna be some slap hitter one day then have thudding power the next. If a guy can already punch and he bulks up a bit his punching power will be roughly the same but there might be more momentum and impact. Muscles don't necessarily equal punching power either, I think Tim Bradley is more built for speed then power but if he suddenly let himself go and got a little chubby (whether that's even possible with his metabolism) I bet he would hit harder. Some of the strongest men on earth look like they have never worked out in their life.
VBOX is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #58
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

That's true but a human isn't a simple linear equation, it's nowhere near being that basic.
Also it's force x velocity.
dealt_with is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum