Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #76
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Joe Louis Vs. Larry Holmes, Someome is gettin KO'd for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
I think you have a problem with my opinions and are unwilling to take them seriously or to give any thoughful comment on them for whatever reason, despite me opinions being along the same lines as others who you commented on in a more thought out fashion.

Im sorry I meant know disrespect...What I should have said is Holmes and Schmelings attributes are very similar.,,As far as size comparison to Louis.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #77
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
Even I don't agree that I am in the upper echelon, here at ESB....I love and study boxing, but there are many who are better at analysing and articulating thier thoughts....Not sure what you are thinking....It might just be that I am one of the few that is giving you a chance.

I say that you know your shit, and you still have to be a smartass!?..Cmon man! I was trying to complimant you, dont flatter yourself Philly!..Believe me I really do talk to more people than just you.....Buts its true I learn more shit from you than anyone else on here, take it or leave it.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #78
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
Im sorry I meant know disrespect...What I should have said is Holmes and Schmelings attributes are very similar.,,As far as size comparison to Louis.
wow...I am almost speechless....This is....Uhhhmmmmm, how do you say???? Uhhhhmmmm Terrible! I don't even know what else to say?

Even as prime I am not sure I see this....But Schmeling was already declining in the first fight, in the 2nd he was at the tail end...Not to diminish louis work, it was brutal! But prime Holmes and faded Schmeling are not mirrior images??? Nor would that ever be my comparrison?

Holmes has 2 inches height, 5 inches of reach and 20 lbs on Schmeling.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #79
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

Louis wins a close decision in an exciting yet tactical fight, maybe knocking Holmes down once or twice.

Both have their respective Achilles's heels (Holmes has the intelligent motion to frustrate Louis and Louis has the great fight hand & great jab to land on Holmes) but I pick Louis, largely because I think their handspeed was similar but Louis's power would mean he landed the more impressive blows.

They're two of my favourite heavyweights and both in my top 5, so it's a hard one of me to call.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #80
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
wow...I am almost speechless....This is....Uhhhmmmmm, how do you say???? Uhhhhmmmm Terrible! I don't even know what else to say?

Even as prime I am not sure I see this....But Schmeling was already declining in the first fight, in the 2nd he was at the tail end...Not to diminish louis work, it was brutal! But prime Holmes and faded Schmeling are not mirrior images??? Nor would that ever be my comparrison?

So im dead wrong!...They just look pretty simular in size and build. I didnt know Holmes was that much bigger, 5 inches of reach is some seriuos shit Philly...
Old 12-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #81
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

And never would I put Schmeling and Holmes together without them both being in there primes!...
Old 12-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #82
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:

And kind off the subject Philly, How do you think a prime Frazier would hold up against a prime Louis. Just outa curiosity?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #83
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
And kind off the subject Philly, How do you think a prime Frazier would hold up against a prime Louis. Just outa curiosity?
I am probably in the minority, but I like Frazier over Louis...I rate Frazier higher H2H than most, and I am cool with that....Foreman & Liston are the only 2 I favor over Frazier...From 68-71 I think he was the best fighter the world has ever seen!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #84
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
I am probably in the minority, but I like Frazier over Louis...I rate Frazier higher H2H than most, and I am cool with that....Foreman & Liston are the only 2 I favor over Frazier...From 68-71 I think he was the best fighter the world has ever seen!
I too am guilty of rating Frazier H2h higher than most, and I catch shit for it all the time. But I also rate I prime Ali over Frazier ( pre lay off )...And I agree from 68 to 71 he was a killer. I adore the man.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #85
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:

I dig the new Avatar.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #86
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

I know ill take some shit for this...But prime for prime I think Frazier destroys Louis. He was made to order for Frazier.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #87
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I dig the new Avatar.
It is my original one...The Worm is by far my favorite phighter ever!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #88
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I know ill take some shit for this...But prime for prime I think Frazier destroys Louis. He was made to order for Frazier.
I don't think that word means what you think it means....Very few atg's get destroyed in their primes...I do think Frazier outworks him, and never gives him any time to think and get comfortable enough to unload his lethal combonations on a regular basis....I think Frazier grinds him down, and takes a comfortable card win....Most guys ko percentages go down as they step up in competition...even moreso against the elite of the elite (top 10-20 ATGS)
Old 12-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #89
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

[quote=PhillyPhan69;14395723]It is my original one...The Worm is by far my favorite phighter ever![/quoted

Whos the worm?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #90
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't think that word means what you think it means....Very few atg's get destroyed in their primes...I do think Frazier outworks him, and never gives him any time to think and get comfortable enough to unload his lethal combonations on a regular basis....I think Frazier grinds him down, and takes a comfortable card win....Most guys ko percentages go down as they step up in competition...even moreso against the elite of the elite (top 10-20 ATGS)
You and your damn card wins...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum