Old 12-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #541
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
So you couldnt answer Bats questions and you cant debate against how DM was stripped and only given 30 days after just beating the champ, before he would have to defend that title.
Loudon will come out with something ridiculous about he could have fought in America against a nobody for less money and no title or something stupid
You can't answer this question. Why if DM was wrongfully stripped, wasn't he desperate to fight Roy to get his belts back?
Loudon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #542
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Quick reply Loudon. Tell me what fighters from the 90s can you recall, who were not world champs, but quite big in Sheffield
I wasn't online at this point, and I reply to other posters in order. If I'm online when you are, and you ask me a question, I won't even see it, until I've replied to my other posts first.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #543
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Loudon, this bat the man goomba is trolling you something horrible. He knows the details, and hes just trying to wind you up cos you're a fan of Roy.
He's got to be trolling hasn't he? Nobody could be that daft.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 04:40 AM   #544
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
1. They never got that far, because it was instantly dismissed.
So Kohl just dismissed the offer even though it could be worth 10M?

Do you have a source for that because that's news to me.

Quote:
2. Why else would they have wanted the double header?

It's safe to assume that they'd have discussed details of the fight, before they went through with the double header.

If DM wanted Roy, and the double header would have promoted the fight, then why would Kohl have turned it down? He was a successful businessman. There was only one reason for turning it down, and it's obvious what that reason was.
So you don't know. It could be that the offer for this undercard slot was M and no guaranteed shot at Jones afterwards then? That could be possible right?
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #545
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You can't answer this question. Why if DM was wrongfully stripped, wasn't he desperate to fight Roy to get his belts back?
Would you be eager to get a belt back from an organization that just ****ed you in your ass?
Old 12-14-2012, 04:44 AM   #546
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheLan View Post
I am eager to get ****ed in the ass!
banny is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #547
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Bat here is the quote :

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Record Breaker [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has revealed why he may abandon one of his titles - he doesn't want to do business with DON KING.

The newly crowned [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] champion is also furious at being forced to fight TWICE within 45 days.

A court ruling has allowed No. 1 challenger William Guthrie to demand a championship fight before July 19th.

Now Michalczewski - the first man in history to own all three belts at his weight - has threatened to abandon the IBF title.

The Polish-born German's promoter Klaus-Peter Kohl said: "Guthrie is Don King's man and we don't want to do any business with him."

Kohl has said he is hoping an arrangement on juggling title defences can be worked out with the WBO and WBA.

Undefeated WBO champion Michalczewski won the IBF and WBA crowns after destroying Virgil Hill in a 12- round thriller on Friday night.

Michalczewski, who has 28 knockouts to his credit and 34 straight victories, pounded Hill from the third round.

And in the end succeeded in pulling off one of boxings greatest upsets with a unanimous decision.

North Dakota fighter Hill was left gutted with the shock defeat - only the second of his career.

His last defeat was to Thomas Hearns SIX years ago.
So they didn't want it because they wouldn't deal with Don King?

Ask Loudon what he makes of this. I'm sure he'll say that it's a perfectly legit excuse. Unless, of course, he has double standards.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #548
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheMan View Post
So Kohl just dismissed the offer even though it could be worth 10M?

Do you have a source for that because that's news to me.

So you don't know. It could be that the offer for this undercard slot was M and no guaranteed shot at Jones afterwards then? That could be possible right?
Bat, you're putting up a good fight, and that's good, because I love debating, but it's all there in black and white.

I read quite a lot of your posts on other subjects, before I started debating with you, so I know you're not an idiot. It seems quite clear to everyone but you and Bailey (who'd swear that black was white) what went on.

I'm assuming you're just having a bit of fun.

It's obvious that the double header would have promoted the fight, and made it a huge event.

Murad has told us roughly what DM was making.

Now are you seriously implying (after reading 5 articles and watching a video) that you think the double header would have been only for €500K with no guaranteed shot after?

Ha!

Kohl dismissed the double header straight away which was stupid, because it proved that Roy and HBO wanted to hype he fight to make it big. It's literally the worst hing he could have done.

Let's put things into perspective.

Murad has told us what he was roughly fighting for.

Now go and pull up his resume.

He was fighting for not a lot of money, against B Class opposition in Germany, he then gets offered a chance to promote a fight with Roy in a double header, then Kohl takes offence (conveniently) and says DM's too good to fight on an undercard. Really Peter? You're guy's above fighting on an undercard, yet he fights nobodies in Germany for €1M. Ha! That's what I'd have said if I'd have been there. It's laughable!

Kohl's a successful businessman. He would never have mad a decision like that, UNLESS it was an excuse because DM didn't want the fight.

He continued to fight nobodies after the talks broke down.

What does that say to you? I know what it says to me.

It's as clear as the nose on my face.

Kohl put up the roadblock, because they didn't want it.

If you can't work that out, go and see your Doctor.

People are going to start calling you Dailey soon, the Danish Bailey.

Regards, Loudon.

Last edited by Loudon; 12-14-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #549
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
Bat, you're putting up a good fight, and that's good, because I love debating, but it's all there in black and white.

I read quite a lot of your posts on other subjects, before I started debating with you, so I know you're not an idiot. It seems quite clear to everyone but you and Bailey (who'd swear that black was white) what went on.

It's obvious that the double header would have promoted the fight, and made it a huge event.

Now are you seriously implying (after reading 5 articles and watching a video) that you think the double header would have been only for €500K with no guaranteed shot after?

Ha!

Im not even opening threads of bailey anymore,cause its always europe vs america fighters threads,wide ud for europe fighters,dont matter who is it.
He used to have some good threads b4 as i saw.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #550
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
So they didn't want it because they wouldn't deal with Don King?

Ask Loudon what he makes of this. I'm sure he'll say that it's a perfectly legit excuse. Unless, of course, he has double standards.
I've got no problem with this at all.

This should have made him more determined to fight Roy in 2001, when he had the chance. But it didn't.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #551
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Regards, Loudon.
banny is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #552
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Ha!

Kohl dismissed the double header straight away which was stupid, because it proved that Roy and HBO wanted to hype he fight to make it big. It's literally the worst hing he could have done.

Let's put things into perspective.

Murad has told us what he was roughly fighting for.

Now go and pull up his resume.

He was fighting for not a lot of money, against B Class opposition in Germany, he then gets offered a chance to promote a fight with Roy in a double header, then Kohl takes offence (conveniently) and says DM's too good to fight on an undercard. Really Peter? You're guy's above fighting on an undercard, yet he fights nobodies in Germany for €1M. Ha! That's what I'd have said if I'd have been there. It's laughable!

Kohl's a successful businessman. He would never have mad a decision like that, UNLESS it was an excuse because DM didn't want the fight.

He continued to fight nobodies after the talks broke down.

What does that say to you? I know what it says to me.

It's as clear as the nose on my face.

Kohl put up the roadblock, because they didn't want it.

If you can't work that out, go and see your Doctor.

Regards, Loudon.
So far nothing indicates that what I wrote could not be true. The problem is that you are not allowing for other possible scenarios than the ones that fits your agenda.

Think about it. After calling out Jones after (nearly) every single one of his defenses DM flat out turns down a 2 fight offer where the latter fight being the one he craves more than anything. I mean turns it down without even looking at it! That's what you are saying!

If such an offer is turned down then surely it must be because it was very far what they wanted wouldn't you think? Knowing that Jones was very hard to deal with that could be at least possible? You have to give me that.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:24 AM   #553
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Would you be eager to get a belt back from an organization that just ****ed you in your ass?
If he was wrongfully stripped, then saw Roy win his old belts and be declared the man at 175, while he was fighting b class opposition for decent money, wouldn't you have thought that he'd have jumped at the chance to fight Roy for great money, to try and get them back??
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #554
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If he was wrongfully stripped, then saw Roy win his old belts and be declared the man at 175, while he was fighting b class opposition for decent money, wouldn't you have thought that he'd have jumped at the chance to fight Roy for great money, to try and get them back??
He called out Jones after (nearly) every single one of his record breaking number of defenses.

It doesn't appear as if Jones wanted to fight him though as he likely only gave an offer for a slot at a Jones undercard worth peanuts.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #555
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatTheLan View Post
He called out Jones after (nearly) every single one of his record breaking number of defenses.
Proof or I call bullshit Dailey
banny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum