Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: All I hear is that Pac was dominating the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Pacquiao nearly got ktfo in rd 5

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

he got ktfo with that same punch next round.
is there another camera view on this punch?
jmmpbf is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #77
ryan_c
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Manny was very successful with lead left, right hook, straight left combination. Don't understand why he abandoned it and started to launch those wild attacks. They didn't do him any good -- he got countered and wasted energy. In the 6th he didn't look fresh and his focus was lost which ultimately led to a fatal mistake. Pac's corner did poor job. And what happened just shows not fully adequate approach to the fight.
Pac got over confident, and he wants to satisfy the crowd. Pac could just use his approach in the first two rounds in the rest of the fight and he will have a wide UD against JMM.
ryan_c is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #78
ryan_c
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney View Post
Close fight with Pac having some busier rounds.
JMM was not in any danger of being stopped whatso ever.
And his shots were more telling.
Result: KO in 6 for JMM.
Actually JMM's corner is considering in throwing the towel. JMM himself mentioned he might go down anytime soon..
ryan_c is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #79
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_c View Post
Actually JMM's corner is considering in throwing the towel. JMM himself mentioned he might go down anytime soon..

I dont know where you get this about Marquez' corner throwing in the towel, as I've have'nt heard this from anyone but you!
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #80
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzero View Post
First of all no it wasn't domination

at the time of the stoppage pac was either ahead by a point, all tied up, or a point for marquez depending on who you scored the 1st round for

yes pacquiao was winning the 6th round

but I believe that marquez really was never trying to win any rounds, I think his plan was to go for broke since the start. Either to land a big shot and force a tko ( I don't think even he expected a full blown k.o) or have some knockdowns to make up for the rounds he was losing.

Marquez looked slow, threw his shots hard and with reckless abandonment at times, and just didn't throw the combos we're accustomed to
Pac was dominating, and was a punch or two from TKO'ng JMM, and in an attempt to flatten JMM -- once 'n for all ending who was better -- he charged in, throwing caution to the wind, and paid for it against a courageous counter puncher, who never lost his focus no matter how badly he was busted up.
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #81
xzero
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Pac was dominating, and was a punch or two from TKO'ng JMM, and in an attempt to flatten JMM -- once 'n for all ending who was better -- he charged in, throwing caution to the wind, and paid for it against a courageous counter puncher, who never lost his focus no matter how badly he was busted up.
It is a little hard to dominate when you are consistently eating big right hand counters

Winning rounds? yes. Dominating? sir I think not.
xzero is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #82
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Marquez had a concussion. That alone tells you what was occuring.

Fact was, Marquez was on so much juice that he abanonded defense in favor of the KO punch.

Marquez was on so much juice, Tyson couldn't have put him down.

Look in the above gif, he dropped his right hand and threw it, completely not caring of a Pacquaio counter attack.

I've never seen a guy take a beating like that like it was nothing.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #83
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Marquez had a concussion. That alone tells you what was occuring.

Fact was, Marquez was on so much juice that he abanonded defense in favor of the KO punch.

Marquez was on so much juice, Tyson couldn't have put him down.

Look in the above gif, he dropped his right hand and threw it, completely not caring of a Pacquaio counter attack.

I've never seen a guy take a beating like that like it was nothing.
He took a bigger beating in the first round of their first fight than he did in this fight you idiot if you followed boxing back then you would know this
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #84
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Thats not how it went down John. At no point in round 6 was Marquez in any danger of being stopped. Both fighters landed good shots in that round.
You're a regular at the Wildcard Gym John so its all good that you're rooting for Pacqiuao, but you likely were washing round 6 still riding the high of round 5.

Checkout round 6 here. At no point is Pacquiao throwing caution to the wind in round 6. Pacquiao actually backed away at an angle fromm a rushing Marquez and then went to Marquez trying to guage (guage John, not throwing caution to the wind) by throwing a double type of a lazy jab that Marquez timed and made him pay for.

Pacquiao uses that double flick of a jab all the time, so it not anything new to Marquez. Marquez knowing Pacquiao's habits, sensed that Pacquiao's left was coming right after it, and was just way ahead of Pacquiao in beating him to the punch.
You can see Pacquiao gearing his left to throw it when the right lands crumbling Pacquiao.

Dominating? I think not!!!

Watch for yourself JG!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmhFFJC8AOc[/ame]
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #85
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Likely ahead, but not dominating.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #86
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzero View Post
The point I'd like to make is, pac was winning, but Marquez plan all along was never to win the rounds, it was to bait Pacquiao and rip him with the mother of all counters

which is what happened

no beautiful combinations in this fight on the part of JMM, just a bunch of right hand bombs which landed numerous times throughout the fight.
this ^

JMM plan was to set his right hand hard counters to score a T/K.O, not to let the fight in the hands of the judges / to go on the score cards.
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:41 AM   #87
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

I'd say he was beginning to dominate, but JMM often looks like his body is about to give out. He looked that way for half of the fight against baby bull, right up until he knocked him the **** out.

JMM's victory was no fluke. He throws that punch with regularity, he sets it up and it's no accident that he landed it. That being said, it did appear that Pac was starting to take over and really put a hurt on him.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #88
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Pactards on the first three fights: Who cares if JMM was outboxing him, Pac knocked him down 4 times and marked up his face!

Pactards on the fourth fight: Who cares if Pac got KTFO, he was outboxing JMM before getting stopped!

Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #89
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Pactards on the first three fights: Who cares if JMM was outboxing him, Pac knocked him down 4 times and marked up his face!

Pactards on the fourth fight: Who cares if Pac got KTFO, he was outboxing JMM before getting stopped!

purephase is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #90
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

How the **** you gonna stop a dude on so much juice that he is sustaining concussions?

You can't stop a dude on that much juice.

Mother ****er didn't even try to defend himself. He was getting parts of his face broken, his brain was getting smashed around so much he was getting concussions, and even though C level Micheal Kastidis could bring him down, somehow Marquez wouldn't go down from Mike Tyson in this fight.

Mother ****er was JUICED like a mother ****er. That's the most JUICED up beating I've ever seen anybody take.
ROACH is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum