Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #106
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272
Default Re: Canelo vs Mayweather? Official?

if this doesn't happen this thread can join the thread of the Martinez fight almost a done deal. Then a load of flomos bragging how there fighter don't duck nobody haha
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #107
andersbolton
Journeyman

vCash: 500

the dikheads will say floyd is ducking him then when he beats him 120-108 they will all say alvarez wasnt ready
andersbolton is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #108
I TuCKeR 93 I

vCash: 1176

Canelo stoppage
I TuCKeR 93 I is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #109
beatboxx

vCash: 1000

Of course everyone arranges hard fights for 2013.

They all know the same as the Mayans....

END OF WORLD DEC. 21 2012
beatboxx is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #110
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Floyd is not going to take this fight.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #111
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

Floyd don't need to fight Alvarez. Same reason he neverhad to fight Kosta, Margo, prime cotto, Manny and Martinez.

Floyd wins all hyperthetical matchups.

Just fight Gurrera
Old 12-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #112
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Things change quickly in boxing. Last year at this time, people were claiming that Mayweather was going to cherry pick Alvarez. Now, Mayweather is looking to duck Alvarez. Anyway, they're both basically Golden Boy fighters, they fight around the same weight class, and Alvarez has become a big name in the sport. This fight is ineveitable. I would've thought the Guerrero fight would happen next. However, a lot of people seem down on the prospects of that fight. I'd have to put my money on Mayweather vs. Canelo in May at this point.
Stylez G. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #113
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez G. View Post
Things change quickly in boxing. Last year at this time, people were claiming that Mayweather was going to cherry pick Alvarez. Now, Mayweather is looking to duck Alvarez. Anyway, they're both basically Golden Boy fighters, they fight around the same weight class, and Alvarez has become a big name in the sport. This fight is ineveitable. I would've thought the Guerrero fight would happen next. However, a lot of people seem down on the prospects of that fight. I'd have to put my money on Mayweather vs. Canelo in May at this point.

And in that year, he beat Mosley just as convincingly as floyd did. And destroyed Lopes.

He's more than proven to be a worth opponent IMO. He's still a prospect so we won't know how good he is till he steps it up. But he has looked sensational in his last 5 or 6 fights

Floyd is without question still a better fighter. But the size differance makes it interesting.

This is a much tougher fight than Cotto.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #114
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
And in that year, he beat Mosley just as convincingly as floyd did. And destroyed Lopes.

He's more than proven to be a worth opponent IMO. He's still a prospect so we won't know how good he is till he steps it up. But he has looked sensational in his last 5 or 6 fights

Floyd is without question still a better fighter. But the size differance makes it interesting.

This is a much tougher fight than Cotto.
Mosley was way past it, and Lopez is a JWW. Regardless, Alvarez is certainly an impressive fighter. My only point is how quickly things can change in boxing. One year, you're cherry picking a guy, the next year you're ducking him. Who knows, this time next year we could be claiming that Mayweather is ducking Guerrero. At the end of the day though, all that matters is that fights get made that the fans want to see.
Stylez G. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #115
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Floyd has more balls than I thought. This a more dangerous fight than Pacquiao at this point.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #116
kommieforniaglo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8s View Post
Floyd has more balls than I thought. This a more dangerous fight than Pacquiao at this point.

Yeah but I don't think it will happen, I am betting the fight with Guerrero happens first as Guerrero will take a smaller purse than Canelo.
kommieforniaglo is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #117
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
damn Floyd proved all you guys wrong. Now it's time to start calling it a cherry pick
Fight aint confirmed yet bro. I'll believe it when its official, if so, then good shit for taking the fight Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
if this doesn't happen this thread can join the thread of the Martinez fight almost a done deal. Then a load of flomos bragging how there fighter don't duck nobody haha
Exactly...."Mayweather Martinez almost a done deal!"
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #118
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez G. View Post
Mosley was way past it, and Lopez is a JWW. Regardless, Alvarez is certainly an impressive fighter. My only point is how quickly things can change in boxing. One year, you're cherry picking a guy, the next year you're ducking him. Who knows, this time next year we could be claiming that Mayweather is ducking Guerrero. At the end of the day though, all that matters is that fights get made that the fans want to see.

yes but this is esb, you will always get people throwing out cherry pick and duck too blatantly.

At early 20's a year is a long time. And at Late 30's a year is also a long time.

In the last year, Floyd went to war with Cotto and has been in Jail. Whilst Alvarez has looked great. Its definetly made the fight appear more competetive.

If the fight was made a year ago, instead of Cotto, i also would have said too soon, and would have prefered the cotto fight.

But now after the last year, I think the Alvarez fight makes sence.

It will certainly be more competetive than Gurrero, but probably on Par with Bradley IMO. And not quite as competetive as Manny Pac and Martinez
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #119
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Way better than Guerrero fight. Mayweather is far from prime. He may very well lose this.

Ballsy fight from Mayweather if he does choose this fight.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #120
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If Floyd takes the Canelo fight it will be because after the epic Pacquiao/Marquez fight, he knows he needs to get back in the spotlight and the choice of Guerrero, as well as he did against Berto, is a joke - the guy is a lightweight just come up to welter. He's is smaller, weaker, slower, less reach and isn't known as a power puncher, more of a plodder so it's a joke matchup

I think Floyd knows he can beat Canelo whose movement is the big reason why - but at least Canelo is legit 154 champ, young, hungry and unbeaten - would make a change from the Floyd's recent opponents such as Ortiz, Cotto and other shot fighters.

So Canelo is under consideration because he doesn't have the style to upset Floyd, but it would be refreshing to see him take that fight...I won't hold my breath though
Miguel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum