Old 12-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #91
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: All I hear is that Pac was dominating the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
How the **** you gonna stop a dude on so much juice that he is sustaining concussions?

You can't stop a dude on that much juice.

Mother ****er didn't even try to defend himself. He was getting parts of his face broken, his brain was getting smashed around so much he was getting concussions, and even though C level Micheal Kastidis could bring him down, somehow Marquez wouldn't go down from Mike Tyson in this fight.

Mother ****er was JUICED like a mother ****er. That's the most JUICED up beating I've ever seen anybody take.
You do know most fighters get concussions in every fight, they just had to announce his and Manny's to make it seem like Manny did more than he did
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #92
Pericles
Journeyman

So...stopping your opponent doesn't count if you were down (slightly) on the cards and looked more busted up? Do Vitali and Pac share a lot of the same fans?
Pericles is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #93
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak Boxer View Post
5th round was a huge pac round. 6 was mostly all pac until the Ko. 1st round was clear for Pac, 4th was close.

So, yes if you give Marquez one of those rounds its only a point, but the momentum was clearly in Pac's favor as he was controlling the fight by the time it was stopped and Marquez looked like hes close to getting out there.
This is correct - Marquez was not looking good at all - round 5 was a punishing one for him, Pacquiao looked alive and pummelled him, almost outlanding MArquez 3-1. ROund 6 was also very much in Pacquiao's favour and he knew one shot flush could end it, Marquez was breathing hard and labouring, Pacquiao looked very strong.

He even told Roach at the end of round 5 that he's got him where he wants him. Thing with Pacquiao is he hasn't learnt from previous fights that Marquez can never be discounted - that was Pacquiao's undoing

Make no mistake though, Marquez was hanging in there at that point when that golden opportunity presented itself.
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #94
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I'm not going to say MArquez was juiced, but he took an almight beating in round 5, more than any one of the 2 has taken in their 3 previous fights, in many ways even more so than Round 1 of their 1st fight.

Round 6 was all Pacquiao's also and he was looking to finish him off...but only people looking to discredit Pacquiao will deny that Marquez was hanging on at that point (by his own admission) and lucky for him Pacquiao gave him the opening to execute that clinical shot...

The punch wasn't lucky, but the fact such a ridiculous opening (falling forward off balance, chin exposed, etc) presented itself was lucky
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #95
I TuCKeR 93 I

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Pacquiao nearly got ktfo in rd 5

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

he got ktfo with that same punch next round.
That right hand timing is beautiful.
I TuCKeR 93 I is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #96
Mr. Sandman
27-2 (21 KO)
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

He wasn't dominating by any means but he was certainly in control up until he got his face smashed in.
Mr. Sandman is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #97
brod78
$$$$$
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Pacquiao nearly got ktfo in rd 5

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

he got ktfo with that same punch next round.
pac was off-balance again...tangled feet?
brod78 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #98
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brod78 View Post
pac was off-balance again...tangled feet?
No he was throwing a weak ass hook, and seen that right coming from a mile away and tried to turn his body and brace for it
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #99
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272

IMO pac was wining this fight a lot clearer than any of the others. And i agree it looked like it would have been stoped in the next couple of rounds had it continued.

But thats the Beauty of Boxing. Anything can happen!!
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #100
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Pactards on the first three fights: Who cares if JMM was outboxing him, Pac knocked him down 4 times and marked up his face!

Pactards on the fourth fight: Who cares if Pac got KTFO, he was outboxing JMM before getting stopped!

Its been funny reading these idiots posts...They are one dumb bunch.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #101
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Marquez had a concussion. That alone tells you what was occuring.

Fact was, Marquez was on so much juice that he abanonded defense in favor of the KO punch.

Marquez was on so much juice, Tyson couldn't have put him down.

Look in the above gif, he dropped his right hand and threw it, completely not caring of a Pacquaio counter attack.

I've never seen a guy take a beating like that like it was nothing.
See, this is the reason why your bitchass is never taken seriously...You say the most dumbest things...You need to load up a gun and kill yourself.

Pac ran into a solid counter and thats a fact that your sorry ass cant dispute.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #102
tonys333
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
IMO pac was wining this fight a lot clearer than any of the others. And i agree it looked like it would have been stoped in the next couple of rounds had it continued.

But thats the Beauty of Boxing. Anything can happen!!
i think he was to i gave pac every round in this fight except round 3 were i had it 10 8 marquez but marquez was still always in the fight still landing big shots of his own any fighter could have got knocked out that day they both put it on the line an maequez came out on top with a great counter shot an i also thought pac would have stoped jmm in the next couple of rounds if the knock out didnt come but thats boxing.
tonys333 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #103
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

IMO Marquez won rounds 3-4 with Pac winning 1,2 and 5. Pac was up by one point going into the 6th.

Great scorecards from the judges.
PBFred is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #104
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzero View Post
First of all no it wasn't domination

at the time of the stoppage pac was either ahead by a point, all tied up, or a point for marquez depending on who you scored the 1st round for

yes pacquiao was winning the 6th round

but I believe that marquez really was never trying to win any rounds, I think his plan was to go for broke since the start. Either to land a big shot and force a tko ( I don't think even he expected a full blown k.o) or have some knockdowns to make up for the rounds he was losing.

Marquez looked slow, threw his shots hard and with reckless abandonment at times, and just didn't throw the combos we're accustomed to
Manny didn't dominate every round, but he did win 3 or 4 rounds clearly. Aside from the 3rd and 6th rounds a very strong case can be made that Pac won the other 4 rounds clearly based on "effective aggression". It's supported by Pac landing his shots more accurately than the offense Juan was able to produce. It's also supported by the amount of damage Pac inflicted on Juan even though his one counter right hand was the only punch that really mattered at the end of the day.

Juan was setting Pac up..he had been from the very beginning. He threw that same counter a bunch of times over the 6 rounds. Most of them missed becuase Manny was expecting it.

Pac had such success in round 5 and most of round 6 that he made a fatal mistake in charging in behind the left jab from a little too far out, giving Juan the time and space needed to land that counter.

It was a chess match where Pac had more pieces on the board, but Juan's King was all he needed to produce an emphatic, check mate.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #105
Dementia Pugulistica
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 441

First off, congrats to JMM for doing what he said he was going to. More often than not rematches end up being very technical affairs or more of the same old. That was not the case this time thankfully. I admire both fighters, but I have seen many more Pacquaio fights than JMM's. I buy ppv fights often, and I also boycott many. A quick glance at some statistics from the first three fights to me paint a picture of JMM ad******g to Manny over the 3 fights, getting better as time went on. This fight was on my boycott list cuz I thought Manny had nothing to gain with another bout against a very dangerous man. But come fight night I relented (somewhat) from my boycott and went out, bought some Glenlivet 12yr old and went to a friends house who is married to a Fillipina and is a big Pacquaio fan. ( I actually introduced him to boxing) Here's my recollection of the fight watched with a nice dose of scotch amid many avid Pacman fans.

Early rounds were close, could have gone either way, I wasn't scoring the fight. Then came the first knockdown. That was a solid shot and very similar to the one that ko'd him. Manny came back pretty well the next round and then Marquez got knocked down, but it was more of a flash knockdown while previously Manny got FLOORED! (some will disagree... see other thread ) Skip to rd 5 and Manny SEEMS to be doing well, flurrying etc, but he kinda looks panicky to me, just throwing shit, not really trying to set JMM up for something. I said to myself. Manny's in trouble here. Then came round 6 and Manny is beginning to distance himself from JMM and I forgot all about the nervous flurries.. Really touching him up and causing some damage. I honestly thought that in 2 or 3 rounds that Marquez would be finished. And then the final KO shot came. I knew immediately that it was over. What a fight!! I think the historical signifigance of this fight is being overlooked by many right now. For me this is a Leonard / Duran type of event. Lets savor this great time in boxing. On a side note, I've heard references to JMM using peds. I don't believe it. I think it may be possible that JMM roided up during training, but is that against the rules? I don't think so. as long as you test clean. I would love to see a 5th fight (can't believe I'm saying that ) but its true.
Dementia Pugulistica is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum