Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #31
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 33,215
vCash: 138
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbiano View Post
Martinez KOing Williams in 2 is better than any win on Wards resume.
I disagree Williams while dangerous really had no business at MW and was a much more flawed fighter than Froch. Ward's win over Froch is IMO a better win than Martinez over Williams.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #32
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Wards win over Froch is arguably better than any win on Martinez' resume. Also you saying he did things to Kessler shows that you have an agenda. Ward beats Kessler 10 out of 10 times anywhere in the world better more complete fighter. Kessler couldn't adjust nor could he deal with Ward's speed.
Maybe YOU have an agenda, Martinez' list of wins over his whole careerincluding his loss against Margarito the cheating cunt, and let's not forget he didn't exactly lose to Williams , beats Wards few great wins over the past 3 years
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #33
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 960
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Why does Bradley get so much grief.

He's a lock for a top 10 place.
Marlow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #34
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
I disagree Williams while dangerous really had no business at MW and was a much more flawed fighter than Froch. Ward's win over Froch is IMO a better win than Martinez over Williams.
Not only does Williams have a lot more going for him offensively, in terms of foot speed and head movement he's probably better on the defensive side of things as well if not even at the very worst. The middleweight argument is also pretty poor. Both men have flirted between welterweight and middleweight throughout their career and with a 3" in height and 4" in reach he is far more suited to the higher weight. The nature of the win (although Ward won comfortably, it wasn't as infactic) and consider the fact Sergio knocked out a top 10 p4p fighter out in just 2 rounds. Before Chad Ward hadn't fought anyone top 10 p4p and probably won't do (on even terms) in quite some time.
Webbiano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #35
Cinderella Man
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. Marquez
4. Martinez
5. Pacquiao
6. Donaire
7. Wlad
8. Bradley
9. Mares
10. Froch

The Marquez KO was ridiculously great. The only reason I put Ward ahead of him is that Marquez was arguably losing more rounds than he was winning up to the knockout, while Ward, in his last bout, even though Dawson is no Pacquiao, not only also finished the fight by TKO, he dominated outrageously from start to finish. I didn't drop Pac that much for the same reason.
Cinderella Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #36
AP3RE2
El Ausente
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Side
Posts: 805
vCash: 1433
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Why does Bradley get so much grief.

He's a lock for a top 10 place.
Got outclassed by Pacquiao, in his best win won a sloppy fight versus Alexander, has absolutely no power, very flawed Kendall Holt almost had him out, has not beaten anyone outside of Alexander and Peterson.
AP3RE2 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #37
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP3RE2 View Post
Got outclassed by Pacquiao, in his best win won a sloppy fight versus Alexander, has absolutely no power, very flawed Kendall Holt almost had him out, has not beaten anyone outside of Alexander and Peterson.
Pac-Bradley was a close fight. The HBO generally swayed it from close to an easy Pacman win.

Unified champion at light welterweight, 2 weight world champion, whilst beating the second best at that weight (Alexander). Peterson went on to trump Amir (considered the only man that could challenge Bradley at 140 after beating Peterson) Alexander is now a two weight world champ. Kendall Holt was also a top 3 fighter at 140 when Bradley beat him.

I'd have him just outside the top 10 personally, but it's a legitimate claim, especially when you look at the accomplishments of who he has beaten and not to mention he beat the no.1 contender as he was hypothetically the best light welterweight. More than Wlad, Donaire, Vitali, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez and Ward (assuming Bute was no.2 before Froch anihalated him)
Have done in their current division.

On second thoughts, I'll let Ward off as he quite clearly beat the no.2 in his division.
Webbiano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #38
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,434
vCash: 239
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Pavlik has 2 loses , not 3.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #39
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,567
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Matthyse shouldn't be anywhere near that list.

1.Floyd
2.Marquez
3.Ward
4.Martinez
5.Pacquiao
6.Donaire
7.Wlad
8.Bradley
9.Broner
10.Froch
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #40
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,167
vCash: 15100
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Matthyse shouldn't be anywhere near that list.

1.Floyd
2.Marquez
3.Ward
4.Martinez
5.Pacquiao
6.Donaire
7.Wlad
8.Bradley
9.Broner
10.Froch
^^
That list is close to mine.

1. Marquez (still undecided between him and Mayweather for #1)
2. Mayweather
3. Ward
4. Martinez
5. Donaire
6. Pacquaio
7. Wlad
8. Bradley
9. Broner
10. Mares/Froch


8-11 are quite interchangable not much between them.


And in response to somebody saying Bradley is top 10 lock, for me he would need to be doing something soon to keep his place. He lost to Pacquaio in my book and although he was champ at 140, he may have unfinished business there having not fought the likes of Garcia, Matthyese, even the likes of Rios, Khan and Judah.
Collie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #41
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 33,215
vCash: 138
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbiano View Post
Not only does Williams have a lot more going for him offensively, in terms of foot speed and head movement he's probably better on the defensive side of things as well if not even at the very worst. The middleweight argument is also pretty poor. Both men have flirted between welterweight and middleweight throughout their career and with a 3" in height and 4" in reach he is far more suited to the higher weight. The nature of the win (although Ward won comfortably, it wasn't as infactic) and consider the fact Sergio knocked out a top 10 p4p fighter out in just 2 rounds. Before Chad Ward hadn't fought anyone top 10 p4p and probably won't do (on even terms) in quite some time.
The only reason why Williams moved up in weight was because no one with a pulse would fight him at 147. He stated many times he would love to fight at 147 and had no problems making the weight but he couldn't get fights. 160 was too much for Williams and it was lucky he didn't fight Pavlik there when that fight was suppose to happen because he would have taken a brutal beating before being stopped.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #42
guru059
TV Packager
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,382
vCash: 1687
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

1. Floyd
2. Ward
3. Marquez
4. Wladimir
5. Sergio
6. Donaire
7. Vitali
8. Bradley
9. Manny
10.Froch
guru059 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #43
I1T2BOX
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,858
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Funny how broner is now slipping into peoples p4p lists...Mares should be definite on any list right now.
I1T2BOX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #44
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 322
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

1. mayweather
2. ward
3. marquez
4. pacquiao (still can wup ass )
5. martinez

6. rigondeaux
7. gabmoa (both would beat donaire)
8. donaire
9. garcia
10. mares
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #45
AP3RE2
El Ausente
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Side
Posts: 805
vCash: 1433
Default Re: My Top 10 P4P List

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Pavlik has 2 loses , not 3.
Noted, thanks.
AP3RE2 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013