Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #61
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 12201
Default Re: If Pacquaio is so Overrated, Why does JMM get Credit?

Personally I think Pacquiao is a very gifted fighter. He has a high volume, good power, turns his opponents and has a wide variety of punches, However he lacks a good defense and can easily be swayed into a fight and makes stupid mistakes at times.

Mayweather and Marquez are more gifted technically and well rounded
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #62
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

First of all, I'd would agree that Pac is now overrated

Secondly, JMM gets the credit of exposing his overratedness

And third of all, JMM also gets the credit for beating a supposedly "great" fighter who is faster, stronger, more powerful and way younger than him.

And what's hilarious is that JMM is already way passed the prime, cause an almost 40-year is already considered ancient for God's sake.

What's JMM's best weapon, a proper brain with a good common sense, which ironically is now Pac's proven weakness.

If I think JMM is someone who Pac can't really beat, I'd be shutting my mouth now and say "JMM is actually the better fighter" but it isn't the case for me.

Still, a full credit for JMM though and it should be.

4 fights, still the same gameplan JMM imposed and Pac never adjusted right on it.

Nice effort for Pac but brilliant tactic for JMM to capitalize on Pac's limited brain.
jan_fan is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #63
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Exclamation Re: If Pacquaio is so Overrated, Why does JMM get Credit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan_fan View Post
First of all, I'd would agree that Pac is now overrated

Secondly, JMM gets the credit of exposing his overratedness

And third of all, JMM also gets the credit for beating a supposedly "great" fighter who is faster, stronger, more powerful and way younger than him.

And what's hilarious is that JMM is already way passed the prime, cause an almost 40-year is already considered ancient for God's sake.

What's JMM's best weapon, a proper brain with a good common sense, which ironically is now Pac's proven weakness.

If I think JMM is someone who Pac can't really beat, I'd be shutting my mouth now and say "JMM is actually the better fighter" but it isn't the case for me.

Still, a full credit for JMM though and it should be.

4 fights, still the same gameplan JMM imposed and Pac never adjusted right on it.

Nice effort for Pac but brilliant tactic for JMM to capitalize on Pac's limited brain.
I would agree on some level that Manny is over rated. He has a very large and loyal fan base who think he's the best, ever. Which is clearly an opinion that can't be justified when names like Robinson, Saddler, Armstrong, Pep and Louis are thrown in the mix.

With that said, ALL fighters' who have accomplished something noteworthy and have loyal fans over rate them. Look at the Klitchkos or Floyd....even Juan. Most however rate them properly and accurately.

Juan absolutely deserves full credit for that win...he was banged up, bloodied and behind before taking advantage of an opportunity that presented itself in the final second of round 6 that came from a charging Pac. Just an incredible way to end a fight against someone who has gone to war with you for almost a decade.

Juan is a very intelligent fighter and it did prove to be an asset...it always has. The truth is, Naho deserves a lot of credit for this win as well. He devised a game plan that ended up.working.

Even though Juan and Bernstien were losing the battles, they stuck to the game plan and stayed composed enough to take advantage of the opportunity that ended the war!

To say Pac isn't smart or in your words..has a "limited brain" would be a comment that came from someone who clearly doesn't know what they are talking about or, from someone who just doesn't like Manny.

In the ring, Pac has showcased a lot of ring intelligence in how he sets traps, baits and counters his opposition. A dumb boxer is a limited one who doesn't have many wrinkles to their game. Pac has many and has taken him to the highest levels of the sport.

Last edited by JohnnyDrama99; 12-14-2012 at 11:06 AM.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #64
pngo
#1Contender
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Pac is a great fighter but I really think his wins from 140 and up have been overrated by most people.
pngo is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #65
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Pacquiao is among the best fighters of all time. No unbiased boxing fan can dispute this.
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #66
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
Pacquiao is among the best fighters of all time. No unbiased boxing fan can dispute this.
PEDs! Have you ever seen a filipino boxer win gold in the Olympics? It's not in the genes.
markq is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #67
punchdrunk90

ESB groupies ridin fighters dicks and dismissin true legacies every dog has his day pacquiao has had many days of bein the top dog...drop me out
punchdrunk90 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #68
DABOZ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
90% of this board seems to think Pacquaio is a fraud or a media creation. If that is so, why would JMM get so much credit for beating Pacquaio?
And Marquez needed a fourth fight to K.O. Pacquiao.
DABOZ is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #69
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by markq View Post
PEDs! Have you ever seen a filipino boxer win gold in the Olympics? It's not in the genes.
In Manny's country, boxing wasn't a sport they cultivated. The sport of boxing is big in counties like the US, GB or Cuba. There's a surge of interest and funding to help move this sport into the 21st century in PI after the huge success of Pac, but the main reason no one has won gold in the Olympics from this tiny island is based on not having the kind of boxing program other countries have put together for this particular sport. PEDs can't be the excuse for Pac man's successful and historic career as a prize fighter.

Last edited by JohnnyDrama99; 12-14-2012 at 11:34 AM.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #70
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Would take a true idiot to think Pac was a 'fraud'.
kirk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum