Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #181
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Canelo vs Mayweather? Official?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
We'll see. Have to see him tested first before making quick judgements. He has talent but he's suppose to look talented against grandpas and blown up fighters. If Floyd whips him, Alvarez will be considered green which is BS. Guy can be a solid fighter but he's not gonna be no where near how highly people see him now for whatever reason. Callin it now.
I agree. When he stepped up in competition, which would be the Mosley fight, he had to fight very hard against a shot fighter.
Slickstar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #182
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Think Canelo's looking to milk his name as much as possible. May be a money-hungry bastard but with the way politics are in boxing I can't blame em. He's still no where near what people make him out to be and we still don't know how good or sucky he is until he steps it up against a solid fighter. Mayweather may be the best now but he's still not a 154 lb'er no matter how many belts he has there.

Still a way better fight than Guerrero-Floyd though lets not make Alvarez into something he's not, calm down and be patient. He hasn't proven he deserves the attention he gets so lets not act like he's some "dangerous" opponent. If Floyd were to beat him with ease he'll just be considered another _____(Insert either green,shot,inexperienced,bum) fighter that Floyd has beaten. Funny how people change their opinions so fast on fighters once Floyd beats em.

Don't get me wrong Floyd is blessed he's in an era of mainly dumbass fighters who don't know fundamentals or what a jab is. Can't knock his ethic or skill he's worked hard to hone both.

good post.

what people here also fail to understand is that in the last 30 years there has not been a successful 5'7" 154-160.

recent undersized successful fighters competing out of their respected weight classes are toney, tyson, tua, griffen and abraham.

all of these fighters except griffen shared one-punch ko power in both hands, something that canelo does not possess.

almost all the legit 154's(floyd is a 147) are calling out canelo and there is a reason for this.

they are not afraid and more than likely know that they can beat that ass.

im so confident that canelo is nothing special that im willing to bet anyone a lifetime esb ban that canelo does not beat three boxrec.com top five 154 fighters(current ranking at the time of fight) before he loses.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #183
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickstar View Post
I agree. When he stepped up in competition, which would be the Mosley fight, he had to fight very hard against a shot fighter.

A shot ol Mosley still hit him way more than he should've. Guy has defensive holes and his team know it. Lucky there's no big puncher ala Julian Jackson/Mcclellan in his time and weight he would've gotten decapitated facing such a foe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
good post.

what people here also fail to understand is that in the last 30 years there has not been a successful 5'7" 154-160.

recent undersized successful fighters competing out of their respected weight classes are toney, tyson, tua, griffen and abraham.

all of these fighters except griffen shared one-punch ko power in both hands, something that canelo does not possess.

almost all the legit 154's(floyd is a 147) are calling out canelo and there is a reason for this.

im so confident that canelo is nothing special that im willing to bet anyone a lifetime esb ban that canelo does not beat three boxrec.com top five 154 fighters(current ranking at the time of fight) before he loses.
Well put.

Alvarez is also stiff. His punches are pretty damn predictable but he hasn't fought fresh and mobile fighters that could move enough/feel comfortable at the weight to take advantage. Leads me to believe a guy fast/mobile/can counter well beats that ass.

Martinez being the example though Floyd is accurate enough to do so as well. I only question Floyd's reaction time after prison. If he's not faded Canelo will be too predictable and a very easy fight for Floyd bar having his moments.

Floyd is stationary enough to be caught but Alvarez' power is not what people are making it. He couldn't put away M.Hatton, ol faded blown up Mosley, and took about 6 rds to ko a JrWW. Just dont see that "it" factor looking at Alvarez usually hate the overusage of this word but when he steps up consistently he's gonna get exposed and Ima say to many "I told you so, should've listened to me. Looked 'great' fighting elderly and blown up fighters".
techks is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #184
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

you wouldnt need the power of jackson or mccellan. tito, vargas, dlh and norris would do him in. prime winky toys him.

canelo is a poor mans 154 version of tommy morrison because he does not have the one-punch power of the duke yet has the same plodding footwork and suspect defense. also, tommy was very durable which is unknown at this point re canelo.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #185
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

I can't see this happening . Canelo is younger and bigger. Floyd wont wrisk it marky my words. I hope to heck im wrong though.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #186
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

This would be too good to be true.

Mayweather will probably fight Guerrero.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #187
mosseylennon
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
good post.

You have posted a certain amount of crap here but this is your finest,

Knowing his next fight is possibly against Mayweather which he stands a chance of loosing like most of the 154 division.

I'm not sure weather your a Lara fan or just hate Canelo but ill take your bet ,on a condition if Canelo looses to 1 of 3 out of the top 5 I'm out,but when he comes back and beats a top 5 I'm in and your out or if Lara looses within the same time frame.
mosseylennon is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #188
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
Just waiting to hear about the weight class.
should be a full 154... But will it be?
Floyd don't do catchweights.

Floyd = warrior.
errsta is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #189
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Of course, it'll be at 154.

Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:45 AM   #190
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 10627

i dont think we will see floyd at 154 again. so my pick it gunna be guerrero.
cippi is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #191
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I would really like this fight but I don't think it would be as easy as for Flyod as some people say
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #192
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosseylennon View Post
You have posted a certain amount of crap here but this is your finest,

Knowing his next fight is possibly against Mayweather which he stands a chance of loosing like most of the 154 division.

I'm not sure weather your a Lara fan or just hate Canelo but ill take your bet ,on a condition if Canelo looses to 1 of 3 out of the top 5 I'm out,but when he comes back and beats a top 5 I'm in and your out or if Lara looses within the same time frame.
im not a lara fan. check my posts.

if im talking crap put up or shut up.

three wins to top five boxrec.com before a loss or STFU.

this bet has nothing to do with erislandry lara, it has everything to do with a knowledgeabke boxing guy thats sick of al the BS,taunting and emoticans by you clueless canelo backers.

and ill waive the 1000 post requirement.

floyd is not a 154. in fact, canelo has just as much a chance of beating mayweather than he does all the rest of the legit 154's.

any savvy boxing guy will tell you the same thing. but youre too clueless to understand this.

in fact, well eliminate floyd from the bet.

not whats it gonna be, toughguy?
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #193
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Man I love unification.

can't stand people saying canelo isn't ready. He's claiming to be the light middle weight champion of the world. He's talking the talk, it is time to see if he can walk the walk.

Champ v champ. It's these fights that I love in boxing

Last edited by lufcrazy; 12-15-2012 at 11:33 AM.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #194
mosseylennon
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
im not a lara fan. check my posts.

if im talking crap put up or shut up.

three wins to top five boxrec.com before a loss or STFU.

this bet has nothing to do with erislandry lara, it has everything to do with a knowledgeabke boxing guy thats sick of al the BS,taunting and emoticans by you clueless canelo backers.

and ill waive the 1000 post requirement.

floyd is not a 154. in fact, canelo has just as much a chance of beating mayweather than he does all the rest of the legit 154's

any savvy boxing guy will tell you the same thing. but youre too clueless to understand this.

in fact, well eliminate floyd from the bet.

not whats it gonna be, toughguy?

I'll take it because I'm sick of your nonsense of supposed knowledge.

Save this thread because your really gonna hate Canelo when
Your posting over at the scene.

Bet accepted.
mosseylennon is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #195
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I'd much rather see that than Mayweather-Guerrero, which isn't a bad fight. The Canelo fight would create a Ring champion at Jr. Middleweight. The fight with Guerrero would more than likely create a champion at welterweigt as well. I still vote for Mayweather-Canelo. I would root for Alvarez, but would pick Mayweaher by a decision.
Abdullah is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum