Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post

I spared over 100 rounds with Bika. He is very strong and keeps coming. Actually has a very under rated jab.
As for Bailey he is way past it now but f..k he can bang. Prime for prime Bailey way better than Bika.
That's really cool man. Have you sparred with many other higher profile guys over the years? Who was the hardest guy to spar against
dawsosj is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #17
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Sakio Bika Vs Nikola Sjekloca Wbc Title Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
That's really cool man. Have you sparred with many other higher profile guys over the years? Who was the hardest guy to spar against
Done heaps of rounds with mundine and pitman. Spared a lot of rounds with Jessie Felinciano when I trained in Vegas. Sakio is the hardest just strong and relentless choc is lightning quick. Allgood blokes too.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #18
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
I spared over 100 rounds with Bika. He is very strong and keeps coming. Actually has a very under rated jab.
As for Bailey he is way past it now but f..k he can bang. Prime for prime Bailey way better than Bika.

I won't argue as I respect you opinion. Never thought that much of Bailey tbh. He lost nearly all the big fights he was in but always stold a punchers chance.

His KO over mike Jones was heavy, I rate that.

I think I remember you saying you spared Gealey a bit too? How would you compare his speed with choc? I did a few rounds with geale when I was in my teens and he was at the end of his amateur career. I just found he was an incredibly likeable and humble bloke.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #19
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post

I won't argue as I respect you opinion. Never thought that much of Bailey tbh. He lost nearly all the big fights he was in but always stold a punchers chance.

His KO over mike Jones was heavy, I rate that.

I think I remember you saying you spared Gealey a bit too? How would you compare his speed with choc? I did a few rounds with geale when I was in my teens and he was at the end of his amateur career. I just found he was an incredibly likeable and humble bloke.
Mate I respect your opinion too. I've never spared with geale would of liked to never got the chance. Choc is the quickest guy I've sparred and I spared some really fast welters in the us to give an indication of how quick choc is he was faster then those guys.
Geale has to start heavy favorite against choc but if choc pulls it out ofthe bag it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #20
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Hey Crusher , What weight do you think Choc was best at ? IMO 168lbs was a little too ambitious for him despite solid performances v the likes of Green & Kessker at the weight , maybe middle ?
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 04:21 AM   #21
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Hey Crusher , What weight do you think Choc was best at ? IMO 168lbs was a little too ambitious for him despite solid performances v the likes of Green & Kessker at the weight , maybe middle ?
168 but only because he was younger he should just started his career at 160. He would of beat the likes of Abraham if he got him to fight in oz.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #22
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

After the Miranda fight I never rated Abraham mate da panther got bent over in that one , I see what you are saying and yes it might have been a wiser route for Choc to have started out at middle then moved north as his filled out his frame , my only gripe with Mundine is post Kessker he always chose the softer option , it was like he knew the level he had found and was content earning the money there, I was surprised he took this fight with Geale to be honest .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #23
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
After the Miranda fight I never rated Abraham mate da panther got bent over in that one , I see what you are saying and yes it might have been a wiser route for Choc to have started out at middle then moved north as his filled out his frame , my only gripe with Mundine is post Kessker he always chose the softer option , it was like he knew the level he had found and was content earning the money there, I was surprised he took this fight with Geale to be honest .
I know what you mean.
Crusher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum