Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #196
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880
Default Re: Khan - Molina Countdown Thread / 1 DAY TO GO! - WEIGHTS: KHAN 139.75, MOLINA 139.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post
Looks like they shifted some weight down to his legs, top half looks ripped and slim.

Ruben had Khan looking too big up top.
They said Ariza shifted Khan's weight to his legs too. That shit isn't gonna make a difference to Amir at this stage.
qwert is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #197
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Re: Khan - Molina Countdown Thread / 1 DAY TO GO! - WEIGH-IN TONIGHT 10PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post

Fair play bruv. I didn't give a **** about this fight until two days ago, but Sky Sports build up has got me a bit hyped about it. I wanna see how Khan reacts when he gets tagged.
Yeah, it should be interesting. I'm quite concerned but then again, if Khan is out-muscled, bullied or dictated by a guy like Molina, then he's got to pack it in.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #198
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Khan - Molina Countdown Thread / 1 DAY TO GO! - WEIGHTS: KHAN 139.75, MOLINA 139.

Is Broner gonna be in the Sky Sports studio for the fight tomorrow? Swear they were promising that the other night, he was on stage for the weigh in.
qwert is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #199
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Khan - Molina Countdown Thread / 1 DAY TO GO! - WEIGH-IN TONIGHT 10PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Yeah, it should be interesting. I'm quite concerned but then again, if Khan is out-muscled, bullied or dictated by a guy like Molina, then he's got to pack it in.
For sure. He should destroy Molina though. Dude has nothing to trouble Amir. Seeing his sessions with Virgil Hunter gave me hope that he might learn how to fight on the inside and use his brain, but I still think he will want to trade when he gets tagged, and when that happens is good night.
qwert is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #200
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
For sure. He should destroy Molina though. Dude has nothing to trouble Amir. Seeing his sessions with Virgil Hunter gave me hope that he might learn how to fight on the inside and use his brain, but I still think he will want to trade when he gets tagged, and when that happens is good night.
I think Khan can risk trading with him. Watching Molina's fights, his opponents really weren't fazed all too much when Molina threw the kitchen sink at them, so unless something is really wrong with Amir, I wouldn't expect Molina to actually hurt him.

Ya never know, though.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #201
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

The only way Khan gets any credibility back is by beating this Molina fella quickly and beating Garcia and Lamont next year in rematches followed by trilogy fight wins against Lamont and Garcia in 2014.
chilli&lemon is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #202
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: Khan - Molina Countdown Thread / 2 DAYS TO GO! - RINGSIDE SPECIAL 6PM TODAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Hero View Post
Shock... Amir Khan't been given hand-selected opponents he can beat in order to fuel the media hype and allow the uneducated sheeple to keep believing he's the second coming of Mayweather.
Ive got to say, you are really good at this word play thing, top notch
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #203
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgQrlg2nDCU[/ame]
rainmaker is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #204
LeadLeftHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I think Molina is getting very underrated, he has had a few fights 140lb so weight won't be an issue here for him. Molina has very fast hands, all around good boxing ability and since he undefeated and confident we don't know how good he really is.

To add to that we don't know how much Garcia KO took out of Khan, both physically and mentally. I think Khan will win a UD but will struggle.

Last edited by LeadLeftHook; 12-15-2012 at 12:23 AM.
LeadLeftHook is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #205
destruction
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Looked at Molina's record and he is hopelessly outmatched and has no punch. Just the ideal Amere Con opponent then.
destruction is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #206
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

W*rren's view on the fight (skipped the part where he blabs on about how he "resurrected" Khans career):
"Tonight in Los Angeles, just a week after his 26th birthday, promoters are giving away tickets for Khan’s comeback to anyone who donates a Christmas gift to disadvantaged children. The light-welter from Bolton has lost back-to-back world title fights.

He was closely outpointed by drug-fuelled Lamont Peterson, then clinically wiped out in four rounds by Danny Garcia in July.

Rather predictably, his coach Freddie Roach got the blame and got the sack.

New trainer Virgil Hunter, feted for steering Andre Ward to Olympic gold and unified super-middle world belts, has got his work cut out.

Khan, who is highly skilled and frighteningly quick, stubbornly refuses to fight to his strengths.

He lacks both the punch and defence to war with the division’s elite.

To improve, he must tighten his defence and become far more savvy when operating at top class.

He was always easy to nail with right hands.

Now, disturbingly, he’s sent to sleep with left hooks as well!

Still, I expect he’ll come through comfortably tonight, probably by stoppage.

Californian opponent Carlos Molina might be unbeaten in 18 but he’s a career lightweight — a division down from Khan.

And he hasn’t fought a single recognisable name during his 5Ĺ-year pro career.

At just 5ft 6in, he’s too short, too light and can’t break an egg.

So Khan needs to win in serious style tonight to get his career back on track."

Hate to say it, but i kinda agree with him.
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 04:45 AM   #207
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt99 View Post
W*rren's view on the fight (skipped the part where he blabs on about how he "resurrected" Khans career):
"Tonight in Los Angeles, just a week after his 26th birthday, promoters are giving away tickets for Khanís comeback to anyone who donates a Christmas gift to disadvantaged children. The light-welter from Bolton has lost back-to-back world title fights.

He was closely outpointed by drug-fuelled Lamont Peterson, then clinically wiped out in four rounds by Danny Garcia in July.

Rather predictably, his coach Freddie Roach got the blame and got the sack.

New trainer Virgil Hunter, feted for steering Andre Ward to Olympic gold and unified super-middle world belts, has got his work cut out.

Khan, who is highly skilled and frighteningly quick, stubbornly refuses to fight to his strengths.

He lacks both the punch and defence to war with the divisionís elite.

To improve, he must tighten his defence and become far more savvy when operating at top class.

He was always easy to nail with right hands.

Now, disturbingly, heís sent to sleep with left hooks as well!

Still, I expect heíll come through comfortably tonight, probably by stoppage.

Californian opponent Carlos Molina might be unbeaten in 18 but heís a career lightweight ó a division down from Khan.

And he hasnít fought a single recognisable name during his 5Ĺ-year pro career.

At just 5ft 6in, heís too short, too light and canít break an egg.
V
So Khan needs to win in serious style tonight to get his career back on track."

Hate to say it, but i kinda agree with him.
Me too he is spot on here.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #208
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post
Me too he is spot on here.
Didnt realise how short Molina is, 5'6, doesnt look the most intimidating of guys
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #209
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt99 View Post
Didnt realise how short Molina is, 5'6, doesnt look the most intimidating of guys
Khan should keep this guy at range really no need to jump in, he can get the job done from range.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #210
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destruction View Post
Looked at Molina's record and he is hopelessly outmatched and has no punch. Just the ideal Amere Con opponent then.
Yup, another easy opponent handed to Amir Khan't on a plate so the media can hype him up a bit for the clueless general public to lap up and go on believing Khan't is the messiah to boxing.

Anybody here who believes the Amir Khan't hype clearly doesn't understand boxing and should go back to watching wrestling.
True_Hero is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum