Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who will have the greatest career?
David Price 21 15.91%
Tyson Fury 16 12.12%
Nathan Cleverly 4 3.03%
Kell Brook 15 11.36%
Carl Frampton 25 18.94%
George Groves 20 15.15%
Kid Galahad 2 1.52%
Chris Eubank JR 9 6.82%
Billy Joe Saunders 20 15.15%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #31
RickieLambert
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Which of these undefeated british fighters will have the best career in boxing?

Saunders/tyson from that list.
Kal yafai is another possibility to go far
RickieLambert is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #32
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381
Default Re: Which of these undefeated british fighters will have the best career in boxing?

I know the Gavin hype has died down but it's ridiculous to omit him from the list.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #33
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Kal Yafai, even though he's not on the list. Kid is the real deal.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:42 AM   #34
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Saunders and Fury
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #35
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
Kal Yafai, even though he's not on the list. Kid is the real deal.
Ive never seen the kid fight but thats quite a claim you make there after him only being a pro for 5 months
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #36
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Ive never seen the kid fight but thats quite a claim you make there after him only being a pro for 5 months
Yeah, i'm really excited about the lad. In fact, i don't recall ever being so excited about a British prospect.

Obviously there are the usual question marks surrounding him as any other proespect (punch resistance, mentality, heart, how he reacts to adversity etc), but he really can be something very special if he has those attributes imo.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #37
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Kal Yafai. I have to say, I am impressed.
I think hes had an absolutely blinding start, hope he continues and does well. We may well get to see a really good breed of pros out of the AMs we've been producing over the last few years.

From that list I have high hopes for Price. I think Fury will do well but it really depends on his mental state he seems to have some issues which can be a fighters undoing. Hope he does well anyway he make me laugh and comes across as a decent bloke most of the time the "no ones going to die you mug" from the johnson presser had me in stitches.

Price has that game changing power and skills so even if he does come unstuck at the top end due to durability issues I think he'll always be able to do well.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #38
BoxWreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
I know the Gavin hype has died down but it's ridiculous to omit him from the list.
Completely forgot about Gavin while making the list tbh, definitely worth a shout as are Yafai and Quigg.
BoxWreck is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #39
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I'll say Frampton but its a shot in the dark.

The talent and skills is not the hard thing to judge, its the man and the fighter. Only insiders can give real insight into what might happen. Alot of these trainers, fighters etc already know from sparring that their chin can be broken, they don't like it to the body, they lack the dedication, they are just in it for a big pay day, they will struggle with a loss etc

I'm sure 80% of this forum would have once hated on Khan and have said he'll retire following a brutal loss, he won't make it etc BUT the reality is he is a fighter who wants to fight the best and go to war. The latter is a flaw in his game but subsequently he will go to the drawing board time and time again the pursuit of perfection. Why? He is already a millionaire, its not about the money, its about the man he is!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum