Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #391
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Has anyone here got experience with working though injury?
pichuchu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #392
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
Has anyone here got experience with working though injury?
Yeah. Don't do it.

I had a shoulder injury I tried to work through. 6 months of pain later I had to go see a doctor and physio for a further 3 months. That was a year ago... still not the same.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #393
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

First time I've ever gone to my gym on a Saturday. What a joke. So many people. I had to sit on a rowing machine to do concentration curls lmao.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #394
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
First time I've ever gone to my gym on a Saturday. What a joke. So many people. I had to sit on a rowing machine to do concentration curls lmao.
People still do concentration curls?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #395
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Looks like it. Are you mad?

Bro?

Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #396
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Looks like it. Are you mad?

Bro?

No. Just they're a waste of time.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #397
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I thought that concentration curls went out when Arnold left the game.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #398
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
No. Just they're a waste of time.
Why? I'm here to learn. I never understood the difference in different curls, they all feel the same :/ I did hammer curls and barbell curls as well, for the girls.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #399
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
I thought that concentration curls went out when Arnold left the game.
How old are you? Genuinely..
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #400
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Why? I'm here to learn. I never understood the difference in different curls, they all feel the same :/ I did hammer curls and barbell curls as well, for the girls.
They are the same really, hence why "concentration curls" are pointless. Just do normal curls.

Sitting down and concentrating on slowly lifting the weight up does nothing special. If you feel slower tempo works better for you do standard curls at a slower tempo.

There's loads of ideas on what the different curls do. Close grip works the outer side of the biceps, wide grip the inner. Half reps work the peak of the biceps which makes sense seeing all these guys using a stupid amount of weight doing half reps yet they have fairly large biceps. Full range of motion works the muscle under your biceps making them look fuller. All of these I've seen posted by different people.

Some may be true, others complete bullshit. As ever try everything, something different every time you do curls until you find what's most effective for you. Wide grip, close grip, palms facing outwards, partial reps, full reps, heavy weight, light weight, slow tempo, fast tempo, dumbbells, barbells, kettle bells, high reps, low reps, cables, bands, chains, try everything. There's hundreds of combinations you can try from that list I made.

Last edited by viru§™; 12-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #401
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

So I might as well just do 12 sets of bicep curls instead of 3 "different" bicep exercises?
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #402
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

Well people will say different things "it's impossible to work your peak" etc, just mix it up with a few different things, I like ez curls and hammer curls personally.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #403
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Well people will say different things "it's impossible to work your peak" etc, just mix it up with a few different things, I like ez curls and hammer curls personally.
That's what it's about, finding what suits you.

Everybody is different. Different origins and insertion points, muscle length, strength levels, leverage advantage etc. It's finding what works for you as an individual.

I also like hammer curls and curls with the EZ bar. I find with my build I get the most out of these with heavy weight and low reps. Somebody else may find more growth from barbell curls with a wide grip, medium weight and higher reps. As I said earlier it's about trying every combination you can think of to find the most effective lift for you.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #404
withoutwire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 568

Nothing wrong with conc curls. I do them now and then for a change. Being seated helps me with form + i enjoy them
withoutwire is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #405
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

I just do either seated incline curl/standing barbell curl and then a hammer curl. I probably do 5 sets total. Training biceps is incredibly boring for me.
Jdsm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing