Old 12-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #106
alakran
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2023
Default Re: All I hear is that Pac was dominating the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzero View Post
The point I'd like to make is, pac was winning, but Marquez plan all along was never to win the rounds, it was to bait Pacquiao and rip him with the mother of all counters

which is what happened

no beautiful combinations in this fight on the part of JMM, just a bunch of right hand bombs which landed numerous times throughout the fight.
i agree with this Marquez seemed a little to flat footed to me in the first rounds
alakran is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #107
alakran
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
I'm not going to say MArquez was juiced, but he took an almight beating in round 5, more than any one of the 2 has taken in their 3 previous fights, in many ways even more so than Round 1 of their 1st fight.

Round 6 was all Pacquiao's also and he was looking to finish him off...but only people looking to discredit Pacquiao will deny that Marquez was hanging on at that point (by his own admission) and lucky for him Pacquiao gave him the opening to execute that clinical shot...

The punch wasn't lucky, but the fact such a ridiculous opening (falling forward off balance, chin exposed, etc) presented itself was lucky
like someone alrady said i think Marquez knew he couldnt count on the judges so he was just trying to KO Pacquiao, People say Marquez was on PEDs because he wasnt flinching but he got KD once and at one point he was ready to go which is why Pacquiao got to aggressive and opened up
alakran is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #108
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
How the **** you gonna stop a dude on so much juice that he is sustaining concussions?

You can't stop a dude on that much juice.

Mother ****er didn't even try to defend himself. He was getting parts of his face broken, his brain was getting smashed around so much he was getting concussions, and even though C level Micheal Kastidis could bring him down, somehow Marquez wouldn't go down from Mike Tyson in this fight.

Mother ****er was JUICED like a mother ****er. That's the most JUICED up beating I've ever seen anybody take.

But but wasn't Pacquiao dominating him badly and had him ready to go if it wasn't for his "lucky punch"??

Will you Pac****s make up your minds already.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #109
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He was dominating alright!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #110
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
First of all no it wasn't domination

at the time of the stoppage pac was either ahead by a point, all tied up, or a point for marquez depending on who you scored the 1st round for

yes pacquiao was winning the 6th round

but I believe that marquez really was never trying to win any rounds, I think his plan was to go for broke since the start. Either to land a big shot and force a tko ( I don't think even he expected a full blown k.o) or have some knockdowns to make up for the rounds he was losing.

Marquez looked slow, threw his shots hard and with reckless abandonment at times, and just didn't throw the combos we're accustomed to
Yup, I do agree in here. I can't believe alot of these guys still tried to talk about how Pac was winning the fight and outpointing JMM going thru 6 rounds.

It's not like JMM still cares about the points, he doesn't anymore. He knew judges don't give a sh*t on him. He doesn't care anymore if Pac was outpointing him or not cause it doesn't give a difference in the output of the scorecards for him. He knew he had Pac's numbers. Why still prove something he's already proved? He's done that three times already.

Pac's been shooting to JMM's right gameplan ever since, and still all Pac was thinking (and most of his blind fans) was to outpoint JMM? Geez, JMM has been several steps ahead of him that Pac (and his blind fans) still didn't notice.

The KO was something he had hoped for, not by winning on scores anymore.
jan_fan is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #111
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Pac was wining but it wasn't domination.

This.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #112
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Pac was dominating, and was a punch or two from TKO'ng JMM, and in an attempt to flatten JMM -- once 'n for all ending who was better -- he charged in, throwing caution to the wind, and paid for it against a courageous counter puncher, who never lost his focus no matter how badly he was busted up.
Great post John!
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #113
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It is a little hard to dominate when you are consistently eating big right hand counters

Winning rounds? yes. Dominating? sir I think not.
I can understand your stance on this. Dominate is a good word to describe round 5. But Pac was clearly in control for the good majority if the fight before Juan was able to land that knockout shot.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #114
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 46300

All you hear from Pac****s is that Pac was dominating.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #115
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Thats not how it went down John. At no point in round 6 was Marquez in any danger of being stopped. Both fighters landed good shots in that round.
You're a regular at the Wildcard Gym John so its all good that you're rooting for Pacqiuao, but you likely were washing round 6 still riding the high of round 5.

Checkout round 6 here. At no point is Pacquiao throwing caution to the wind in round 6. Pacquiao actually backed away at an angle fromm a rushing Marquez and then went to Marquez trying to guage (guage John, not throwing caution to the wind) by throwing a double type of a lazy jab that Marquez timed and made him pay for.

Pacquiao uses that double flick of a jab all the time, so it not anything new to Marquez. Marquez knowing Pacquiao's habits, sensed that Pacquiao's left was coming right after it, and was just way ahead of Pacquiao in beating him to the punch.
You can see Pacquiao gearing his left to throw it when the right lands crumbling Pacquiao.

Dominating? I think not!!!

Watch for yourself JG!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Juan wasn't in any real trouble in round 6. However, he lost the round outside of that last counter that ended the fight. Pac's left hand was finding a home on Marquez's face all night and had Juan not been the boxer he is and missed that opportunity Manny would have easily won that round based on what happened for 99% of round 6.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #116
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict

Marquez purposely fought ***** the wall, allowing himself to be open more betting that he would get Pac out first, and he was right.
Flexb is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #117
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

After the knock down in the 3rd, he was fighting for his life.
rodney is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #118
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Doesn't really matter who's w
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #119
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

When you et ktfo like that it doesn't really matter.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #120
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney View Post
After the knock down in the 3rd, he was fighting for his life.
The ebb and flow of the fourth fight saw Pac in control in rounds 1 & 2. In round 3 Juan found a right hand that sat Manny down. But Manny regained control in rounds 4, 5 and 6 until the last possible second of the sixth. It was a stellar performance from both men....It was a great fight and Juan deserved the win. He always shows great heart, skill and determination. But reality is he was not fighting his fight....he was fighting Mannys' fight and losing the battle.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum