No 21 35.59%
Couldnt give a broken toe 19 32.20%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
MUFC
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Haye\Vitali saga

Ok so we know the embarrasment Haye showed v Wlad and how people dont think he deserves a shot at Vitali, but those same people know he is the nearest to a contest Vit has got available. We also have read and seen the bs served up by both camps in negotiating the fight.

Personally i want this done and dusted in 2013 so we can move on. Im a Haye fan and for once, against an elite heavyweight, want him to back up his claims.

The last i heard before Haye wandered off into a jungle was the slick and black guy say he had agreed to a 3 fight saga and everything else as he had very little bargaining power and they are just waiting to hear back from Boente. The result of this acceptance-a new offer to fight in Russia! ffs

Will this get done?
MUFC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200
Default Re: Haye\Vitali saga

Isn't Vitali retiring or going into politics? No, I don't think there's a chance it gets done.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Sounds like a soap opera again.
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1356

I think Vitali NEEDS David Haye for his legacy. Don King ruined his bids to fight Valuev and Ruiz and without those fellow titlists on his resume, it truly drops his stock.
A win over Haye, especially at 41 or 42 y/o would greatly improve his resume and bump him a spot on the ATG list, perhaps even into the top 10 on most writers/fans lists.

I personally think he's got 2 more big fights in him. I'd like to see him fight Haye in May, then come back in Sept or October and beat either Fury or Sitverne.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #5
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
I think Vitali NEEDS David Haye for his legacy. Don King ruined his bids to fight Valuev and Ruiz and without those fellow titlists on his resume, it truly drops his stock.
A win over Haye, especially at 41 or 42 y/o would greatly improve his resume and bump him a spot on the ATG list, perhaps even into the top 10 on most writers/fans lists.

I personally think he's got 2 more big fights in him. I'd like to see him fight Haye in May, then come back in Sept or October and beat either Fury or Sitverne.
I think it would be great for his legacy, but since Vitali has not at this point done what he needs to do to secure legacy fights, I am not sure he cares.

In Europe, he is a god, and its hard living in a bubble. Maybe he just doesn't know how unimpressive his record is.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see it coming off and at this point, and I really don't care that much myself. Finally stopped caring around the Chisora fight, and Charr didn't re-kindle my interest. If it happens, great. If not, hell, its been fun and that is all.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

I think it'll happen.

They both know how much money there is to be made. I believe the biggest stumbling block was Sky pulling out of PPV boxing, which is where most of the money for this fight would come from, meaning that if there is no Sky then Haye isn't bringing much more to the table than any other contenders. However, Haye just massively boosted his profile in the UK and has become a household name off the back of that TV show, so I think Sky will re enter the PPV market in 2013.

I say it happens.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
kommieforniaglo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
I think it'll happen.

They both know how much money there is to be made. I believe the biggest stumbling block was Sky pulling out of PPV boxing, which is where most of the money for this fight would come from, meaning that if there is no Sky then Haye isn't bringing much more to the table than any other contenders. However, Haye just massively boosted his profile in the UK and has become a household name off the back of that TV show, so I think Sky will re enter the PPV market in 2013.

I say it happens.

This, David Haye is a marketing genius he knows how to promote himself, even if he sucks against either Klit's. He knows how to make people tune in and bring money, there is alot of money to be made on this bout so I concur that it will happen, could be Vitali's goodbye bout. Right before retiring.
kommieforniaglo is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #8
joeh888
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
I think it'll happen.

I say it happens.
Agree completely. Even though he didn't win I'm a Celeb, I think his trip to the jungle served its purpose: to rebuild a fanbase/rekindle the general public's interest in his career. I think if he fought Vitali then there's no way Sky wouldn't want in.
joeh888 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
Weirdyman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 397

No. Kiltschkos are running scared, they've been cherry picking opponents for a while now.
Weirdyman is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

that will be funny if 43 year old Vitaly still KOes him
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdyman View Post
No. Kiltschkos are running scared, they've been cherry picking opponents for a while now.
I think your right about their cherry picking. I mean Wlad couldve fought a 14-0 Del Boy, but instead he cherry picked and fought Haye instead.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdyman View Post
just a dumb comment

neither Haye or Vitali are running scared
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha
Vitali is already top 15 ATG for most people, his brother top 10.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't think it will happen. Vitali should just retire. He is no longer at his very best.
Abdullah is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum