Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #46
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez meets with Mexico President Nieto, Faces Backlash

Just as your going to have people hating on fighters who support Obama this is no different, a corrupt president? NEVER! How can it be? lets be real the information we get is from American Media who usually tends to bend the truth quite a bit
Bazooka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #47
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez meets with Mexico President Nieto, Faces Backlash

Could this mean that Marquez is in with a group plotting the overthrow of the current Mexican Govt?
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #48
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez meets with Mexico President Nieta, Faces Backlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
Not really.

Juan is a boxer. His entire world is full of corruption & violence. That pretty much sums up the sport.

Also, most pugilists aren't exactly Rhodes scholars. There's only one Vitali Klitschko.

Well OK, actually there's two, and the other one's named Wlad, but you know what I mean.
We dont even know Wlad or Vitali have real degrees. What are their degrees in and from what country?
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #49
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
You're opinion does not represent every segment of Mexico's population.

I'm not hear to debate politics alone, I'm here to discuss how close JMM is to the PRI, how upset people are with the events surrounding the reelection of the PRI (which evidently is a lot), and how it's visibly affecting Marquez's connection with fans within the country.
Floyd met with George Bush Jr.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #50
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

I come from a family that is involved with the PRI government in Mexico and I can say that I am glad PRI is back in power. As corrupt as it is they truly do look out for us. Our previous president decided to launch this war on drugs because the USA was asking him to. That is what made things get so horrible for us. The problem is the weapons to the drug dealers were coming from the USA. So that didnt help us much.

When the government does not focus on the war on drugs in Mexico, Mexico is a happy safe place. No need for wars to take place or the high rate of kidnappings. PRI lets the drug dealers do their thing as long as they dont **** with the innocent like they have been during this war on drugs.

Now maybe my family will be able to go back to Mexico and run the family business. My dad inherited it last year but he says it is not safe to go back. As soon as our party won we have talked about finally returning home.

Yes PRI is corrupt but if it is a safe place again I can settle for that. Ideally we would have a perfect non corrupt government but that will never happen.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #51
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez meets with Mexico President Nieta, Faces Backlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I'm the biggest Marquez fan on the forum go suck a dick dumbass.
I would put you around number 3 actually. Me and Divac used to stand alone when arguing Pac-JMM with he flooding of Pactards years ago.

1. Divac
2. Me
3. Possibly you. JMM has seduced many over the years I have been in this forum.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #52
Spitfire7
Gadfly
ESB Addict

Courtesy call or are you implying they're birds of a feather?
Spitfire7 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #53
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
I would put you around number 3 actually. Me and Divac used to stand alone when arguing Pac-JMM with he flooding of Pactards years ago.

1. Divac
2. Me
3. Possibly you. JMM has seduced many over the years I have been in this forum.
P4P JMM Supporters

Bogotazo- most sensible poster to argue with
Divac- most biased jmm nuthugger
Saul- 2nd to bogo
Doc- 2nd to Divac
Isal- supported every mexican fighters. hats off to you asshole Uli Uli is so proud of you.
Igor- best jmm supporter from the other side of the bridge.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #54
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
I come from a family that is involved with the PRI government in Mexico and I can say that I am glad PRI is back in power. As corrupt as it is they truly do look out for us. Our previous president decided to launch this war on drugs because the USA was asking him to. That is what made things get so horrible for us. The problem is the weapons to the drug dealers were coming from the USA. So that didnt help us much.

When the government does not focus on the war on drugs in Mexico, Mexico is a happy safe place. No need for wars to take place or the high rate of kidnappings. PRI lets the drug dealers do their thing as long as they dont **** with the innocent like they have been during this war on drugs.

Now maybe my family will be able to go back to Mexico and run the family business. My dad inherited it last year but he says it is not safe to go back. As soon as our party won we have talked about finally returning home.

Yes PRI is corrupt but if it is a safe place again I can settle for that. Ideally we would have a perfect non corrupt government but that will never happen.
I have colleagues who just arrived from Mexico. We recommended them to come work with us here in Norcal because their job was difficult out there (we work in the filed btw), but they might come back after the drug wars are over. Maybe I could work there too if Mexico goes back to what it used to be.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #55
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I don't see the big deal. He was invited to see the president of his country and he accepted. Nothing more than that.
Abdullah is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #56
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Appreciate the perspective Saul.

Again, I'm not here to criticize JMM, I'm just wondering how this affects his current standing for fans because of the backlash. And I'm giving you all the news so that you know a bit more about JMM's post-Pacquiao relationship with the Mexican people, especially since evidence points to support, not just a Mayweather-Bush Ali-Nixon scenario, alright?
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #57
JoeCamelTow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
P4P JMM Supporters

Bogotazo- most sensible poster to argue with
Divac- most biased jmm nuthugger
Saul- 2nd to bogo
Doc- 2nd to Divac
Isal- supported every mexican fighters. hats off to you asshole Uli Uli is so proud of you.
Igor- best jmm supporter from the other side of the bridge.
NO, NO! I'm the biggest Marqez Fan.

Been a fan since 1995-96 when my dad use to take me to the INglewood forum to watch him and Barrera!
JoeCamelTow is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #58
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Comforting to see so many people claim themselves as a number 1 fan. We should do an ESB invasion if he fights again.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #59
TommyToughNuts
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertorricane View Post
he was elected by the mexican people to be their president so i dont know how mad they cant be at marques... if the president is so bad is their fault for being so stupid in electing him

they shouldve elected lopez obrador to begin with

Hey look, it's ESB's biggest Puerto Rican bigot giving his opinion on Mexican politics.
TommyToughNuts is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum