Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #16
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Are any of you going to record the Khan fight and watch it tomorrow morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard mossley View Post
Communication lockdown, bit of advice switch your TV to a neutral channel, last thing you want is Sky Sports News with ticker tape displaying result. Also always record programme after boxing.
I remember i had recorded the Khan/Judah fight as i was on a night out and was staying at my best mates birds house in town that night, switched my phone off and told my mate not to let me know what happened, doing really well until we get to Glasgow Central station to get the train home and they have the news on the big screen and it shows Amir stopping Judah on a 100 foot screen as we wait for the train Gutted i was
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
FatherTed
Throbbing Member
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 172
Default Re: Are any of you going to record the Khan fight and watch it tomorrow morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
I don't know if anyone else is the same, but i never like to know the result before watching a fight. It just takes something away from the experience.
Same here, if I know how a fight ends, I'll just skip to that part of the recording if it's a brutal/controversial stoppage. Points finishes are completely ruined because there's no suspense.
FatherTed is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
FatherTed
Throbbing Member
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyboy86 View Post
I remember i had recorded the Khan/Judah fight as i was on a night out and was staying at my best mates birds house in town that night
No wonder you told him not to phone/text.
FatherTed is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #19
turbo
Journeyman

vCash: 500

I must be the odd one out,I love to watch live.
I don't particularly like Amir and I don't care who wins but I am very intrigued and excited about the fight.
Will get my head down about 9/10 and set my alarm for 3ish
turbo is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #20
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Last time I stayed up was Khan vs Garcia.For the first 2 rounds was glad I did,then obviously regretted it.Wont stay up again unless he gets back to his pre peterson days.For me,thatll mean beating Garcia in a return,a tall order and a fight I wouldnt bet on coming off.I do admire the lad for taking on top opponents abroad,though,which it seems some are not prepared to do.If he did manage to reverse the last loss,thatd make him a real throwback.BTW am sky plussing.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #21
MattCoke

vCash: 588

My plans are to watch the Boxnation show, then get a few hours sleep in when the groves fight has finished then get up for the Khan fight,then go back to bed for few hours
MattCoke is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #22
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
I must be the odd one out,I love to watch live.
I don't particularly like Amir and I don't care who wins but I am very intrigued and excited about the fight.
Will get my head down about 9/10 and set my alarm for 3ish
Are you not going to watch Saunders and Groves!?? **** that. I would much rather record the Khan fight than go bed, then get up again. I want to see Groves and Saunder's fights and boxnation only replay their fights in the evening or late afternoon the next day.
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #23
tommyd107
Gambler
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIN View Post
Yep,unless its a big fight I just record it and watch the next day,**** that going to bed at five in the morning,watching the fight half asleep,il wake up Sunday morning around half ten,cook myself a fry and watch the fight..
me too even better after 5 days dieting
tommyd107 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #24
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherTed View Post
No wonder you told him not to phone/text.
He was there as well, that would have made things even more awkward tbh
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #25
alfonso
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Missed the Bute/Froch fight due to wedding - had it recorded - paper came to hotel in morning - got the wife to read through taking out report of the fight - she somehow missed it was also mentioned on the back page. gutted but elated at the result.watched as soon as i got back - but cant imagine it was the same as if i was watching in hope rather than knowing
alfonso is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #26
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Stop making all these ****ing threads.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #27
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

He could always come back to England and face this bloke I suppose. The Birmingham LG Arena.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
Larryboys
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 128

That's how I usually do it. Very Rarely have I stayed up for fights.
Larryboys is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #29
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I normally stay up. I enjoy it
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #30
Llanlad
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Im a sad bugger and will be recording the .... CRICKET !

Ill then get up around 8.30 and put it on x30 to watch it in fast play !! and stop it when the wickets fall.

I dont think i can record two channels at once so ill watch the Khan fight at 11.30am ... ill just make sure i dont log onto here or watch Sky Sports News before then
Llanlad is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum