Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #646
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypaysbills View Post
Come on mate are you really insulting Joe based on Starie, Thornberry and Pudwell?

I expected better of you

You can take any boxer and they have poor fighters on their resume
Hi Money, how are you mate? Hope the festive season is treating you well.

Did you see Groves at the weekend? I think he's a genuine world class fighter. I just hope that the likes of Ward and other top SMW's will be willing to face the saint when he's ready. What do you think?
knockout artist is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #647
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Hi Money, how are you mate? Hope the festive season is treating you well.

Did you see Groves at the weekend? I think he's a genuine world class fighter. I just hope that the likes of Ward and other top SMW's will be willing to face the saint when he's ready. What do you think?
Yeah I can't complain it's shaping up to be a great Christmas in the Moneypaysbills household.

I didn't happen to catch the fight live but I've seen it as of now. Amazing to see Groves KD the iron chinned Johnson who RJJ couldn't hurt. I think in a couple of years Ward is really going to have his hands full. Be a great fight
moneypaysbills is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #648
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by general zod View Post
A great fighter is someone who regularly turned in top performances against solid opposition.

An ATG is someone who makes the top ten of an original weight class

Calzaghe fits neither of those descriptions

I think you're stupid to disregard SMW completely just to ensure no-one can praise Calzaghe.

Especially considering that it has been one of the best weight classes since the mid to late 90's.

Calzaghe is a great fighter no matter how much you want to deny it.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #649
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah I can't complain it's shaping up to be a great Christmas in the Moneypaysbills household.

I didn't happen to catch the fight live but I've seen it as of now. Amazing to see Groves KD the iron chinned Johnson who RJJ couldn't hurt. I think in a couple of years Ward is really going to have his hands full. Be a great fight

It's always refreshing to read the musings of a sagacious poster such as yourself.

I agree, Groves' power is now proven against a durable opponent. I just hope Ward doesn't treat Groves like he did Bute, and steer clear. I was a big Ward fan, but I've been disappointed since the Froch fight. I thought could go on to become a great fighter, but since the Super 6 he made a joke of a fight against drained Dawson, and now Kelly Pavlik. Could either of those guys even be considered top 20 at SMW? Of course not

I'd give him all the respect if he would take on a tough up and comer like Groves though. As if now, I think the Saint would beat Abraham - who I've never rated
Old 12-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #650
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 93

Look at the two Dumptys having an Ewank over Groves and talking shit about the No.1.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #651
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
It's always refreshing to read the musings of a sagacious poster such as yourself.

I agree, Groves' power is now proven against a durable opponent. I just hope Ward doesn't treat Groves like he did Bute, and steer clear. I was a big Ward fan, but I've been disappointed since the Froch fight. I thought could go on to become a great fighter, but since the Super 6 he made a joke of a fight against drained Dawson, and now Kelly Pavlik. Could either of those guys even be considered top 20 at SMW? Of course not

I'd give him all the respect if he would take on a tough up and comer like Groves though. As if now, I think the Saint would beat Abraham - who I've never rated
I have to agree with you, and while people can say Froch beat Bute, can anyone honestly say that if Bute turned up properly he isn't a much worse match up for Ward then the rather more one dimensional Froch. Ward's power is below average at best so would not hurt Bute as much as Bute's known to have good power while Ward was put on his arse by D.Boone.

As for drained Dawson and Pavlik look at it like this, Dawson has no 168 and was proven to have a glass jaw and heart when in weight drained zombie mode, and what has Pavlik ever done above middleweight?

I agree with you about respecting Ward for taking on Groves. My respect for Bute skyrocketed when I heard he was going to Nottingham. Even after the hilarious defeat I still respect him more than pre-froch. At least Bute has some bollocks. When is going to step up his game back to the S6 level and even that was angled in his favour to begin with.

Fantastic to chat with an esteemed poster like yourself
Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #652
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
I have to agree with you, and while people can say Froch beat Bute, can anyone honestly say that if Bute turned up properly he isn't a much worse match up for Ward then the rather more one dimensional Froch. Ward's power is below average at best so would not hurt Bute as much as Bute's known to have good power while Ward was put on his arse by D.Boone.

As for drained Dawson and Pavlik look at it like this, Dawson has no 168 and was proven to have a glass jaw and heart when in weight drained zombie mode, and what has Pavlik ever done above middleweight?

I agree with you about respecting Ward for taking on Groves. My respect for Bute skyrocketed when I heard he was going to Nottingham. Even after the hilarious defeat I still respect him more than pre-froch. At least Bute has some bollocks. When is going to step up his game back to the S6 level and even that was angled in his favour to begin with.

Are you claiming Bute would have more power than Abraham and Froch..or even Kessler?

I see Froch beating Bute again,at which point I find it very hard to believe that Bute will EVER be in a position to fight Ward.

Kessler and Froch fight off to rematch Ward. In my opinion, Ward wins again and then heads up to LHW having completely cleaned out SMW
irishny is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #653
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Anybody who followed the Super 6 will know Ward took a break and was out with injuries. While Ward was doing that Bute signed a 2 fight deal with Froch. There was never even talks between the two. Its clear these morons dont have a clue.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #654
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I think you're stupid to disregard SMW completely just to ensure no-one can praise Calzaghe.

Especially considering that it has been one of the best weight classes since the mid to late 90's.

Calzaghe is a great fighter no matter how much you want to deny it.

I've never understood this sort of approach either - Some great wins have been recorded in new divisions, like Aaron Pryor beating Arguello, Hearns beating Benitez, Jones beating Toney and so on in the 140, 154 and 168 divisions. But I'm guessing these wins hold less historical worth because it doesn't suit someone's agenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Look at the two Dumptys having an Ewank over
Groves and talking shit about the No.1.
Bore off Popkins/Kitikasem, you're tedious act grew tired long ago

Quote:

Thanks for the response mate. Styles make fights, triangle theory doesn't always work - Ward UD Froch - Froch TKO5 Bute doesn't necessarily mean Ward beats Bute. I mean, Ward fought once all year, why not take on Bute? That was a legit challenge, instead we got Ward vs Zombie glass Jawson

Yeah Bute showed a lot of courage and heart against Froch, the fact he went out on his shield shows he's a warrior. He also showed a lot of class in defeat. I hope he can recover and I hope he avoids the rematch with Froch, as he'll get destroyed again.

We could see a repeat with Ward-Groves, where the fans demand Ward face a top up and comer and Ward may opt out of that fight. I'm not saying he will, I'm just speculating based on what happened with Bute. I mean 168 and Pavlik since the S6 is a real disappointment for me and the rest of the fans.

I think Degale looked good in his last fight, I think he will fight for a world title in the next 18 months, he's still rough around the edges but his talent is obvious to see
Old 12-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #655
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Anybody who followed the Super 6 will know Ward took a break and was out with injuries. While Ward was doing that Bute signed a 2 fight deal with Froch. There was never even talks between the two. Its clear these morons dont have a clue.

Seems people tend to forget that ..Ward and Froch fought the best and the most often,Yet there are still people here who question what they have done up until this point ..
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #656
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
One of my friends used to go to sobots boxing club,he said when training started he would snort cocaine in the toillet then come out all pumped out
He left the club after shortly.
Seriously?
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 05:02 AM   #657
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Seriously?
Yap,he is ****ing insane as i hear.I ment to go to do a mitt session over to his club when one of friends told me forget about it.
When he hits you with the mitt,he hits you with the hard part,people come out looking like they have been in a fight.
He is blind on one eye now cause of his last fight,got hit direct in the eye,which caused eye pressure to go up and bam,3 operations,still blind.And something wrong with his leg as well.
As a trainer he isnt clear in the head,sparring 3v1,small gloves,yells all the ****ing time,and its cursing parents of guys he train.Doesnt respect anybody here,either fighters or trainers.
And was always snorted up as i hear.Talks shit how he would have beaten calzaghe if he trained,i dont like calzaghe but if you have been koed by him it tells a lot.Blames everyone and everything on his losses.
pecho26 is online now  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #658
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
Yap,he is ****ing insane as i hear.I ment to go to do a mitt session over to his club when one of friends told me forget about it.
When he hits you with the mitt,he hits you with the hard part,people come out looking like they have been in a fight.
He is blind on one eye now cause of his last fight,got hit direct in the eye,which caused eye pressure to go up and bam,3 operations,still blind.And something wrong with his leg as well.
As a trainer he isnt clear in the head,sparring 3v1,small gloves,yells all the ****ing time,and its cursing parents of guys he train.Doesnt respect anybody here,either fighters or trainers.
And was always snorted up as i hear.Talks shit how he would have beaten calzaghe if he trained,i dont like calzaghe but if you have been koed by him it tells a lot.Blames everyone and everything on his losses.
Wow! Thanks for the info Pecho. I don't know anything about the guy, my post was only intended to wind Bailey up.

He doesn't sound like a very nice guy, but I wouldn't wish those injuries on anyone.

That was really interesting to read. Many thanks!

Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #659
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Wow! Thanks for the info Pecho. I don't know anything about the guy, my post was only intended to wind Bailey up.

He doesn't sound like a very nice guy, but I wouldn't wish those injuries on anyone.

That was really interesting to read. Many thanks!

Loudon.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He just debunked Roy ducking him.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #660
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Are you claiming Bute would have more power than Abraham and Froch..or even Kessler?

I see Froch beating Bute again,at which point I find it very hard to believe that Bute will EVER be in a position to fight Ward.

Kessler and Froch fight off to rematch Ward. In my opinion, Ward wins again and then heads up to LHW having completely cleaned out SMW
I'm not claiming Bute's power is greater than any of those fighters and I say nothing of the sort in my post. I was remarking that Bute has good power which is true.

I agree Froch is all wrong for Bute and will beat him 99 times out of 100. Of course now he's lost his title and been destroyed by Froch Ward will never want to fight him now. But when Bute was at the top Ward didn't want any part of him and that's sad choosing to give shots to 168 Zombie Glass Jawson and Pavlik.

I think what you've said is right and outside of a puncher's chance Froch and Kessler don't really have a chance against Ward.

I think Bute would be a more interesting match up against Ward than Froch or Kessler (definitely the double-vision suffering version Ward fought first time) but ultimately we'll never see the fight happen and instead we'll be treated to the tripe that was Ward-Dawson

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum