Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #76
Tuaman
Return Of The Terminator
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Lennox Lewis Was Afraid Of Mike Tyson

If anything, Lewis was probably afraid that Tyson would show up at the salon when Lewis was getting his hair done and start shooting. I think Tyson was crazy enough at that point to attack a man getting his hair washed in the shampoo bowl.
Tuaman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #77
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydraulix View Post
Before you guys laugh me out of the forum (again) allow me to state my case.

For starters, look how freaked he looked at the press conference after Tyson bit his leg.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Watch this interview that took place before the fight. The confidence of Lewis may have been genuine, but he comes across like "I'm really freaked but I'm playing it cool." When Jim Lampley said that Tyson wanted to break Lewis' ribs and smash his skull, Lewis smiled an awkward smile. I think he was a little worried. I can't blame him if he was, but I think there was a little fear before the fight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So before you stone me and my beautiful ass, I just want to say that of course Lewis wasn't terrified of Tyson but I think he was secretly a little freaked.
Bullshit...he wasn't the least bit "freake4d".
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #78
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Bullshit...he wasn't the least bit "freake4d".
I think they were both scared of each other.

The interview at the end of the fight explains it all.

Lennox tells Tyson, that when he was young he was unstopabble, nobody could beat him and Tyson says Lennox is a great fighter

Deep down, both had a lot of respect for each other. But they had different ways of showing it
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #79
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict

why would anyone want to bump this shit ?

Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #80
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i remember seeing a interview where he talked about sparring Tyson as a kid and he basically admitted Tyson kicked his ass in sparring and he was scarred..than i saw another interview where he acted like he did fine with tyson and wasnt scarred at all. i tend to believe the first one. But im sure lewis was a bit worried before he fought tyson...honestly..im no world champion..but i have been "a bit worried" before every fight i ever fought..i even get a few butterflies before sparring someone, even if its someone i am bigger than and have more experience than.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #81
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
i remember seeing a interview where he talked about sparring Tyson as a kid and he basically admitted Tyson kicked his ass in sparring and he was scarred..than i saw another interview where he acted like he did fine with tyson and wasnt scarred at all. i tend to believe the first one. But im sure lewis was a bit worried before he fought tyson...honestly..im no world champion..but i have been "a bit worried" before every fight i ever fought..i even get a few butterflies before sparring someone, even if its someone i am bigger than and have more experience than.
especially if hes the stupid kind of bugger who will try to bite your ****ing leg.
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #82
941Jeremy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

During the time period that they fought Lewis was not scared of Tyson at all. But there is an interview where Lewis admits that he didn't ever want to fight Tyson during the 80's. They showed it during the build up to the fight. Cus D'mato told Lewis that one day he and Tyson would be the two greatest HW's and that they would fight against one another for the title, Lewis replied "I hope not". But that was 80's Tyson vs 80's Lewis.
941Jeremy is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #83
Wenpire
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
He was much more afraid than u imagine :
instead of turning pro at 1984 he wai(s)ted more than 4 yrs and turned pro at 1989 (!) , then he waited n additional decade prior 2 fighting Holyfield (old and shot by then) and then he somehow managed 2 even wait 4 Tua 2 pass his prime b4 fighting him , fouled blatantly against Michael Grant and only then , avoiding Corrie Sanders , Chris Byrd and a fair termed rematch with Oliver McCall , managed 2 pick d courage 2 fight a well diminished Tyson .
Of course that Lewis was afraid .
Wow, couldn't have said it better myself. You said it all, though I wish more people would realize this.
Wenpire is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #84
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 93

Video footage used exsit of Mike dropping Lewis in the Catskill. The proof is in the record books of how sacred he really was.

Last edited by dinovelvet; 12-17-2012 at 01:27 PM.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #85
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

just watched it again, and Lewis found his confidence by the 3rd and was in full control from the 4th on. Tyson was a pathetic & dejected past it fighter who threw nothing back, and yes Lennox was visably worried at the start, but discovered early that this is not the same man who provoked so much fear.

Peak for Peak, Tyson murders him everytime!
thistle1 is online now  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #86
HOUDINI
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I watched that fight live and never for a second though Lewis was scared or in anyway intimidated. His total domination of Tyson in that fight is the clear proof. Prime Lewis kos Prime Tyson every day of the week.
HOUDINI is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #87
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI View Post
I watched that fight live and never for a second though Lewis was scared or in anyway intimidated. His total domination of Tyson in that fight is the clear proof. Prime Lewis kos Prime Tyson every day of the week.
Prime Lewis couldn't knock out Ray Mercer and got hit repeatedly.Prime Mike had double, tripple the speed and explosiveness of Mercer. Knock out loss for Lewis early.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #88
HOUDINI
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tyson was a front runner. Lewis would do exactly what he did when they did fight and score another ko win.
HOUDINI is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #89
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Prime Lewis couldn't knock out Ray Mercer and got hit repeatedly.Prime Mike had double, tripple the speed and explosiveness of Mercer. Knock out loss for Lewis early.
imo he couldn't even beat ray mercer
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #90
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
imo he couldn't even beat ray mercer
I know this was a sd/md or something of the sort, but do not recall a major outcry about it??? Was there major grumbling over the outcome???

I am going to rewatch this for the weekend (along with Holmes vs spoon) and might even do a thread...if so hope you will chime in.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum