Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Why do people complain about Rory Macdonalds personality - It's a good thing, right?

He looks like a stone cold killer with eyes of a psychopath. He doesn't come across as a fun loving person, but more of a total lunatic. The way he talks is constantly about "collecting bodies" etc. But is this not a good thing in the fight game? I mean look at the Diaz Brothers as a perfect example of successful fighters with this kind of personality.

Is this such a bad thing? Should it not be shown more in the fight game? More focus on taking care of business rather than acting like it's all fun & games.
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Why do people complain about Rory Macdonalds personality - It's a good thing, rig

no one complains i love that patrick bateman thing hes got goin on
blagovech is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
COLD-HARD-TRUTH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people complain about Rory Macdonalds personality - It's a good thing, rig

I think he's a douche bag. I don't like how he disrespected Penn either with all that show boating crap....have some respect for a legend and a guy who paved the way for him to be successful in the sport. He's gonna get ****y like that one day against a natural 170 pounder who can strike and he's gonna get KTFO. I for one can't wait to see it.
COLD-HARD-TRUTH is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Not complaining about it, I just think it's hillarious.

The Diaz brother are for real, it's there normal demeanour, it's not an act.

I really don't think he is really like that, it's just a character he use to fight.

The way he does it is just fake IMO. Just look at the way he took the mic from Rogan and then challenged Condit for the rematch, totally scripted and fake.
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think Canadians will love him and Americans will love hating him.
I think he's great for the sport - we need guys like this who incite or provoke fans.

The only person that might be negatively affected is Rory himself. There are a lot of things he could miss out on because of negative attention, like endorsements or TUF gigs, movie/TV cameos, public appearances etc...
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
Bigg Panch
The Dopest
ESB Jr Member

I have no problem with his act
I like the characters that are now being developed in the UFC
For a little while it looked like UFC was in danger of becoming bland and homogenized with all these TUF guys but now theyve started developing these characters and it adds a little drama to the sport which is a good thing
I just hope it doesnt go too far and become totally over dramatized like WWE
As far as his showboating in the cage goes, if the person in the cage cant stop him from showboating then his ass shouldnt be in the cage anymore
Bigg Panch is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

I don't see anything wrong with him

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #8
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Being Canadian I certainly like him, he just wants to continue to pile up the bodies....
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

He looks like a young man wishing to appear to be more mature. That's the only vibe I get from him, aside from his appearing to be a complete fighter.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum