Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Which Boxer Makes the Best Entrance to the Fight Song Or Taste in Music
Wlad Klitskchko - REdhot Chillipeppers "Cant stop the 6 13.95%
MIke Tyson - Tupac "toss it up or "ambitions as a rydah" 17 39.53%
Pavlik - Korn "various korn songs" 2 4.65%
Carl Froch - the oliver soundtrack "pick a pocket or two (fagans theme" 0 0%
James Kirkland - Fleetwood Mac "rhiannon" 0 0%
Ricky Hatton - Blue Moon (sung by various singers an old song) 8 18.60%
Bernard Hopkins - Bob Dylan - HIghway 61 revisited 5 11.63%
Chad Dawson - Jehtro Tull "aqualung & thicka s a brick" 2 4.65%
Andre Berto - John Coaltrain "Giant steps" 2 4.65%
Brand Rios - Kate Bush "hounds of love" 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #166
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Burns is 30 and wants a tune up before he fights Broner plus he wants a lot of $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
I dont think Burns has a problem with fighting anyone but because of FW we will never see this fight. Broner has 2 more fights at LW I'm guessing.....Burns turned down the Feb fight I doubt he'll get the call for Broners last one at LW now. Shame, after LW Broner will be going to 140 and onto bigger names like Rios/Garcia etc... Burns will have to move up in weight and get some big wins of his own to ever get another Broner fight offered and that'll be at least a couple years away at which time Burns might be past it and not able to beat the type of fighters he'd need to to get a big fight. I think team Burns ****ed up their chance at fame and glory and their biggest career payday, was it worth it? Maybe for his promoter and for his pocket if he can keep getting paid vs no hopers but I think Burns is a classy guy about legacy and he's gonna look back and say **** why didn't I take my one chance on the big stage. There's a good chance he might never get another shot at fame and glory in the boxing world and he's the only one that it will effect in the end, poor guy with FW.
You can take my word on this mate;Ricky will be hurting at the criticism because he's not one of those public figures who lets everything roll off his back.
His manager seemed far too keen to point out it was Ricky's decision.Why?
I have an idea myself,and it kinda points to the dynamic of their relationship as I see it(purely speculating of course)
I think you're spot on about Broner not hanging around and why would he?But Feb was not realistic when you consider what was at stake for Burns.His toughest fight and first time travelling.
That leads me to think that,given he's probably very upset about events of the last few weeks and the Xmas wage he's lost added to the wasted camp,Feb was far too soon.
He's not an "opponent" He's a legitiamte belt holder and has every right to a full preparation.I may be mistaken but most legitimate belt holders don't accept a career-defining fight at 6 or 7 weeks notice nowadays.
I hope you're wrong about this being the last chance(although I fear you're correct) and if another offer is made for later in the year and refused,then I think the people who know me as far as the forum goes know I will come on and eat well deserved crow curry.

Last edited by PityTheFool; 12-18-2012 at 12:05 PM.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #167
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Burns is 30 and wants a tune up before he fights Broner plus he wants a lot of $$

broner should get some balls and go to scotland rather than being a ***** and claiming he'll fight anyone anywhere....as long as anywhere is in his home country.
Arran is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #168
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Burns ducking Broner again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Great thread consolidation. The question of whether Ricky Burns is ducking Broner is quite deeply intertwined with the question of who has better taste in music between them and how their tastes compare to the boxing world at large.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #169
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Great thread consolidation. The question of whether Ricky Burns is ducking Broner is quite deeply intertwined with the question of who has better taste in music between them and how their tastes compare to the boxing world at large.
Good point.
I thought Wlad came in to "Hell's Bells"
Is that Vitali?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #170
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

I think it's an excellent acknowledgment of the fact that Princess is an unoriginal troll who probably still chortles when someone farts and guffaws when a female teacher utters the word "Period"
This consolidation gives her well deserved recognition as the equal of such luminaries as Vladimir and (not very) Awesome.
Nice work Mods.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #171
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

Nothing beats this tune with Mike Tyson entering the ring. Just perfect.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGGxlPE7FZY[/ame]
Flexe is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #172
simon850
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Fight will happen in April. CHILL PEOPLE CHILL
simon850 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #173
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I think it's an excellent acknowledgment of the fact that Princess is an unoriginal troll who probably still chortles when someone farts and guffaws when a female teacher utters the word "Period"
This consolidation gives her well deserved recognition as the equal of such luminaries as Vladimir and (not very) Awesome.
Nice work Mods.
Excellent profile analysis PTF

I'd lay money that the little prick has braces on his teeth,and glasse's as thick as beer bottle bottoms.
I bet theres a pile of soiled tissues under his bed,from where he's been pulling himself senseless over his favourite fighters.
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #174
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

um wtf are the mods doing?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #175
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

None that are listed.... it's

David Haye - Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #176
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
um wtf are the mods doing?
Yah man seriously I made the poll 4 another thread WTF MODS are u guys trying 2 kill boxing admit u r trying to fuk up boxing by denying intelligent conversation tis ****ing sucks I will squit this website 4 once n 4 full if u don't give Prince & me our threads back - I'm sorry i fi sound emotional but i worked really hard on researching my thread b4 i posted it
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #177
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shakes View Post
Excellent profile analysis PTF

I'd lay money that the little prick has braces on his teeth,and glasse's as thick as beer bottle bottoms.
I bet theres a pile of soiled tissues under his bed,from where he's been pulling himself senseless over his favourite fighters.
Thank you TS.
It doesn't take some savant profiler from CIA HQ to work out the likes of Princess though.
I'd say you're pretty close to the bullseye as well mate.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #178
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

mods i still can't believe u did this i'm cryingg right now literally crying I research this thread for 4 ****in hours yesterday looking up youtube videos that featured boxers ring entrances - listening for th lyrics even though its hard to hear reverberating through a stadium of thousands of cheering fans and then looked up the song on google u ****in heartless bastards anu ruined my hard work and the great discussion i'm just trying to help boxing but u ****ed up good this time boxing should be fun and free not controlled by u bastards we should be free 2 talk and im sure that PrinceNi worked hard on his thread to who could u guys do this to us fans and u just be careful because if u keep do this someday u ill lose all your visitors and then boom = no more ad money - please un csonolidadtate this thread i beg of you
Old 12-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #179
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

****in sickening how u all sit here & say nothing just like world war ii u guys witness this shit and no one complains well not me I stand UP 4 what I belive in and that's boxing and the truth of the matter is that this site mods and thie site owner o r creator maybe wants 2 hurt boxing now that just a hunch athat's not what i'm sayinb but look they stifle free speach and consoildate threads 2 confuse us - well fuk u I ain't confused I can see with 2 eyes just like everyone else and I see 2 snakes in the trees and it's u mods - someone repor thtis
Old 12-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #180
BobTheBuilder
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 630

The Ring have Burns scheduled to face Broner on Feb 16th-

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BobTheBuilder is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum