boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
Do calisthenics,only way not get arthritis.
Actually, that is true to an extent in the sense that you can protect your joints by building the surrounding ligaments.

If you the answer virus, let me know.

In fact, I'm sure there are people besides me who would like to know the answer to this.

I seen some bull**** about honeycomb **** in your joints that rebuild, but that sounds like bull****.
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #17
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

I wouldn't necessarily call this sports science anyway. Sports science is like, you lift weights bla bla bla bull****.

This is, does your mother ****in joints get ****ed up when you hit a mother ****in bag?

See the difference.
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,272
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Actually, that is true to an extent in the sense that you can protect your joints by building the surrounding ligaments.

If you the answer virus, let me know.

In fact, I'm sure there are people besides me who would like to know the answer to this.

I seen some bull**** about honeycomb **** in your joints that rebuild, but that sounds like bull****.
When you hit the heavy bag if you're punching properly there should only really be compressive forces, not too much shearing force to wear away cartilage. So no, it's unlikely that it would cause arthritis. Weight training also strengthens your ligaments.
Now shut up and **** off
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,272
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
I wouldn't necessarily call this sports science anyway. Sports science is like, you lift weights bla bla bla bull****.

This is, does your mother ****in joints get ****ed up when you hit a mother ****in bag?

See the difference.
You wouldn't know the difference between anything, you're an angry re****. Sports science covers everything, it's not just lift weights blah blah. Everytime you post you just reveal more of your complete idiocy. Do yourself and everybody else a favour and **** off.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #20
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,226
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Actually, that is true to an extent in the sense that you can protect your joints by building the surrounding ligaments.
Lifting weights strengthens ligaments and joints overall to a far greater extent. There's another nice fact for you to ignore.

Quote:
If you the answer virus, let me know.
Why would I after all of the insults you've thrown my way?

Quote:
In fact, I'm sure there are people besides me who would like to know the answer to this.
I think I've seen this question once before since I joined in 2007. So no...

Quote:
I seen some bull**** about honeycomb **** in your joints that rebuild, but that sounds like bull****.
It seems you're completely misinterpreting Wolf's Law, which doesn't surprise me. If not I have no clue what the hell you're going on about.

Last edited by viru§™; 12-15-2012 at 12:20 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #21
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Lifting weights strengthens ligaments and joints overall to a far greater extent. There's another nice fact for you to ignore.



Why would I after all of the insults you've thrown my way?



I think I've seen this question once before since I joined in 2007. So no...



It seems you're completely misinterpreting Wolf's Law, which doesn't surprise me. If not I have no clue what the hell you're going on about.
I don't even know mother ****in wolf.

I seen that **** on bodybuilding.com forum. That's what came up on the google search.

And concerning your fingers and joints, I don't think anything beats calesthenics.

You have an argument when it comes to other muscle groups, but there are specified workouts that can be used for finger joints.
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #22
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,226
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
I don't even know mother ****in wolf.
Exactly. Wolf's law refers to bone regeneration... Ignorant as ever.

Quote:
And concerning your fingers and joints, I don't think anything beats calesthenics.
Showing your ignorance yet again. Grip work.

Quote:
You have an argument when it comes to other muscle groups, but there are specified workouts that can be used for finger joints.
Grip work. Deadlifts, rows, weighted chin-ups, farmers walks, plate pinches, anything involving heavy weights and grip work will strengthen the hands.

Joints, any weight bearing exercise will increase overall joint health and strength.

That the best you've got?

Last edited by viru§™; 12-15-2012 at 12:44 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #23
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Exactly. Wolf's law refers to bone regeneration... Ignorant as ever.



Showing your ignorance yet again. Grip work.



Grip work. Deadlifts, rows, weighted chin-ups, farmers walks, plate pinches, anything involving heavy weights and grip work will strengthen the hands.

Joints, any weight bearing exercise will increase overall joint health and strength.

That the best you've got?
You say I'm ignorant, so why don't you tell me what I'm refering to in regards to grip strength calesthenic work?

I already knew about the things that you talked about, but you are completely dismissive of what I know because you think you know it all.

That's where you have problems virus.
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #24
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,226
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
You say I'm ignorant, so why don't you tell me what I'm refering to in regards to grip strength calesthenic work?

I already knew about the things that you talked about, but you are completely dismissive of what I know because you think you know it all.

That's where you have problems virus.
I don't think I know it all, I clearly know more than you, but that's besides the point. It wouldn't really matter if you know some calesthenic work for grip, weights will always be superior so I don't really care.

Have a goodun
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #25
hifiboy
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Roach, have you ever been checked for Aspergers syndrome?
hifiboy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #26
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,849
vCash: 75
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
Do calisthenics,only way not get arthritis.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #27
Scorpion
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 75
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

Actually i was always curious but does stuff like hitting bricks or kicking banana trees like in thailand have ill effects on your longterm health?
Im sure they do but what specifically?
Scorpion is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #28
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 756
vCash: 500
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

some people are lucky and dont get arthiritus, others arent, so it just depends on the person. Overall though hitting the bag repetitively while training will eventually deter your hands and theres no way around it, you can pratice proper technique and wrap your hands to the point where they are pillows, but that just slows down the process and not stop it. Basically put if your training expect your hands to experience some kind of symptons in the future
BagsWithDust is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #29
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,355
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does hitting the heavybag eventually cause arthritis?

PRISON STRONG *****

mother ****in swole honky
doylexxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015