Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default World Series Of Boxing Season 3 Discussion & News

I have my problems with WSB like most but the fact is alot of world class amatuers and damn good boxers are fighting in it this season and quality boxing is quality boxing. Keep in mind it's no headgear, 5 rounds, pro scoring and rules.

WSB has a Youtube Channel where they post all the events and fights
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here is their website for everything else

For those who followed the Olympics or amateur boxing in general here are the WSB teams and a list of the notable boxers which alot will recognize.

Group B

Ukraine
Oleksandr Usyk
Vasyl Lomachenko
Oleksandr Gvozdyk
Yevhen Khytrov
Denis Berinchyk
Dmytro Mytrofanov
Denis Poyatsyka
Volodymyr Matviychuk
Vyacheslav Kyslytsyn

Great Britian
Mohammad Arjaoui
Joe Ward
Freddie Evans
Andriani Vastine
Josh Taylor
John Joe Nevin
Andrew Selby

Kazakhstan
Ivan Dychko
Filip Hrgovic (ridiculous that they have four 1st rate SHW's)
Mihai Nistor
Roman Kapitonenko
Ehsan Rouzbahani
Sergei Derevyanchenko
Dauren Yeleussinov
Danabek Suzhanov
Eric Donovan
Miras Zhakupov

Italy
Clemente Russo
Tony Yoka
Domenico Valentino
Imre Szello
Abdelhafid Benchabla
Vincenzo Mangiacapre
Michael Tavares
Branimir Stankovic
Vincenzo Picardi

Germany
Erik Pfeifer
Bahram Muzaffer
Stefan Hartel
Vasilii Belous
David Oliver Joyce
Veaceslav Gojan

USA
Anvar Yunusov
Kennady Katende
Daouda Sow

Group A

Russia
Sergey Kalchugin
Vitaly Kudukhov
Maxim Gazizov

Azerbaijan
Magomedrasul Medzhidov
Albert Selimov
Vladimir Cheles

Poland
Michael Olas
Izugabi Ugonoh

Argentina

Yamil Peralta Jara

Mexico
Julio Payares
Abdelkadar Bouhenia
Vazgen Safaryants

Algeria
Chouaib Bouloudinats
Abdelkader Chadi

Week 1 is happening this weekend and i watched Ukraine vs Kazakhstan here is a great fight to show what you can see in WSB. I had Mytrofanov winning 4-1 and thought it was a robbery but the fight itself was great.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpDS31PgrNY&playnext=1&list=PL61Eyk2IZtYL37fRJT1ejAnZPGRPmtrFp&feature=results_video[/ame]

Last edited by Vysotsky; 11-19-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: World Series Of Boxing Season 3 Discussion & News

Any idea when Lomachenko, Usyk and Khytrov are fighting? I had a look at the schedule but could only see the Ukraine B team on there.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Any idea when Lomachenko, Usyk and Khytrov are fighting? I had a look at the schedule but could only see the Ukraine B team on there.
The main team have been travelling from Oblast to Oblast all over Ukraine to promote boxing ever since the Olympics so they haven't had much time to train. Doesn't sound like they'll fight for at least another month. In the LW division Ukraine literally has five 1st rate boxers or Kazakhstan with their 4 HW's which kind of sucks because alot of them won't get to fight very much.

I'm suprised Khytrov is listed on their team. After his getting robbed at the Olympics he was never mentioned with all the WSB talk and i assumed he didn't want any part of AIBA run boxing. To make things worse in week 1 Ukraine's MW Mytrofanov got robbed Khytrov looks to have very good one punch power though and got alot of stoppages even with headgear on so hopefully he'll be KPTFO and the judges won't be an issue.

We could get the Lomachenko vs Selimov rubbermatch finally or them against Nevin or Taylor with Vasyl and Taylor being 2 Olympic Gold medallists. Usyk fighting at SHW against giants like Medzhidov, Hrgovic, Dychko. There's some awesome fights that will take place this season.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
The main team have been travelling from Oblast to Oblast all over Ukraine to promote boxing ever since the Olympics so they haven't had much time to train. Doesn't sound like they'll fight for at least another month. In the LW division Ukraine literally has five 1st rate boxers or Kazakhstan with their 4 HW's which kind of sucks because alot of them won't get to fight very much.

I'm suprised Khytrov is listed on their team. After his getting robbed at the Olympics he was never mentioned with all the WSB talk and i assumed he didn't want any part of AIBA run boxing. To make things worse in week 1 Ukraine's MW Mytrofanov got robbed Khytrov looks to have very good one punch power though and got alot of stoppages even with headgear on so hopefully he'll be KPTFO and the judges won't be an issue.

We could get the Lomachenko vs Selimov rubbermatch finally or them against Nevin or Taylor with Vasyl and Taylor being 2 Olympic Gold medallists. Usyk fighting at SHW against giants like Medzhidov, Hrgovic, Dychko. There's some awesome fights that will take place this season.
How do you think Usyk's chin will hold up against the bigger guys? I think Beterbiev's power really shook Usyk in the fights they've had...
Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Fights and boxers worth watching

Nistor is the guy who stopped Anthony Joshua at the European Championship. He beats Tony Yoka up for 5 rounds and loses a decision . High action entertaining fight though

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCCCTm3m59s&list=PL61Eyk2IZtYIaqzodTzpFrmXSCkQZDtSk&index=22[/ame]

Good MW Fights

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxVjxxWqXgA[/ame]

Golub is just all around brutal and punishing especially those body shots

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-N8lR2Pw9w&list=PL61Eyk2IZtYIaqzodTzpFrmXSCkQZDtSk&index=24[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81efo2kkxMA&list=PL61Eyk2IZtYIaqzodTzpFrmXSCkQZDtSk&index=28[/ame]

LW

Dow is an Olympian and Matviychuk has been stuck in Lomachenko's shadow but is a real good fighter himself.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-TckeJYtcc&list=PL61Eyk2IZtYIaqzodTzpFrmXSCkQZDtSk&index=25[/ame]

Good LHW fight. Benchabla is quality

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgEtppBwELU&list=PL61Eyk2IZtYIaqzodTzpFrmXSCkQZDtSk&index=27[/ame]

HW Pfeifer Olympian

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRfXf56CDSU[/ame]
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

Is this the tournament Bejanaru won last time?
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Is this the tournament Bejanaru won last time?
WSB is a Pro/Am League filled with alot of Olympians and world class amateur boxers that fight on a weekly basis under pro rules, not some shitty pro tournament prizefighter style with mediocre HW's.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

I'm really impressed with Joe Ward (Lionhearts) and Hrgovic (Astana Arlans)

Overall, I'm enjoying this season- WSB proved to be a great formula. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the amateur stars who joined recently (Usyk, Lomachenko etc etc...)
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #9
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Roger View Post

Overall, I'm enjoying this season- WSB proved to be a great formula. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the amateur stars who joined recently (Usyk, Lomachenko etc etc...)

Ya Ward got a good win against Szello but i havent watched his most recent bout yet. He didnt look as fast as i remembered him from when i saw him as an amateur a year or two ago. Im interested in seeing him against guys like Gvozdyk, Rouzbahini and Benchabla. Also really looking forward to seeing the Lw guys like Taylor, Selimov, Valentino, Lomachenko fight eachother.

Ukraine's top guys will start boxing after the holiday break although MW's Mytrofanov, who got completely robbed against Season 1 and 2 MW Champ Derevyanchenko, and Ivan Golub have both looked impressive in their fights. Check out Mytrofanov vs Mclaughlin that i posted and the Golub fight.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

Quote:
Ya Ward got a good win against Szello but i havent watched his most recent bout yet. He didnt look as fast as i remembered him from when i saw him as an amateur a year or two ago. Im interested in seeing him against guys like Gvozdyk, Rouzbahini and Benchabla. Also really looking forward to seeing the Lw guys like Taylor, Selimov, Valentino, Lomachenko fight eachother.

Ukraine's top guys will start boxing after the holiday break although MW's Mytrofanov, who got completely robbed against Season 1 and 2 MW Champ Derevyanchenko, and Ivan Golub have both looked impressive in their fights. Check out Mytrofanov vs Mclaughlin that i posted and the Golub fight.
It would be very interesting to see Selimov fight Lomachenko again, without the headgear.
I haven't seen Golub fight yet, so I'll definitely check him out.

Do you know why Kazakhstan took the best HW's??? Their roster is stacked, with Dychko, Hrgovic, Nistor, Myrsatayev & Kapitanenko... Quite a waste
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
It would be very interesting to see Selimov fight Lomachenko again, without the headgear.
I haven't seen Golub fight yet, so I'll definitely check him out.

Do you know why Kazakhstan took the best HW's??? Their roster is stacked, with Dychko, Hrgovic, Nistor, Myrsatayev & Kapitanenko... Quite a waste

I really think Lomachenko will handle Selimov if they fight in WSB. No idea why they have 4 top HW's but because teams fight every week they have to switch boxers so it doesnt really prevent many fights that otherwise woould have happened. Unlike most teams Kaz will just be able to have a 1st rate HW all the time and Medzhidov Pfeifer, Usyk, Russo, Yoka there's lots of good fights to be made.

Actually Ukraine has a 6'6 HW named Vykhrest that i have never heard of who fought last week and looks good, reminds me of Hrgovic a little. Want to see him tested against the top guys and see what level he's at.

I know Turner looks like a fat joke but he's actually pretty decent.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoDEU3JoVG0[/ame]
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #12
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
I really think Lomachenko will handle Selimov if they fight in WSB. No idea why they have 4 top HW's but because teams fight every week they have to switch boxers so it doesnt really prevent many fights that otherwise woould have happened. Unlike most teams Kaz will just be able to have a 1st rate HW all the time and Medzhidov Pfeifer, Usyk, Russo, Yoka there's lots of good fights to be made.

Actually Ukraine has a 6'6 HW named Vykhrest that i have never heard of who fought last week and looks good, reminds me of Hrgovic a little. Want to see him tested against the top guys and see what level he's at.

Yeah he looks pretty nimble for a big guy with a nice shot selection. Seems to be getting tagged far to much for my liking though.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #13
Paddy85
Journeyman

Quote:

Turner's gotten a lot fitter than he used to be, if he can lose more weight and keep up the pressure better, he could do very well against some of those tall heavyweights.

Joe Ward didn't look great in his first WSB fight, but he was dominant in his second fight. Don't know how good the opponent was, and he looked a bit small, but it was a really impressive performance.

Does anyone know what's going on with the Russian WSB team?
Paddy85 is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #14
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

vCash: 4511

Quote:

So Loma joined the WSB. Didn't knew that
I guess he wants to go for a 3rd Olympic gold?
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #15
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1 View Post
So Loma joined the WSB. Didn't knew that
I guess he wants to go for a 3rd Olympic gold?
Nah the word is that he's testing out the WSB for a season before turning proper pro in 2014.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum