Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #706
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,541
vCash: 86
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

History proves you wrong you absolute moron. How did he duck somebody when he was out for a year with an injury. Did he fght somebody else???? You are as thick as two short planks.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #707
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,448
vCash: 500
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Bat,

Quote:
Is he saying that DM would get 5M from the HBO and he himself would get 7M?

Wauw. Thats new. I frankly dont believe it. Jones must have a memory lapse. Jones normally got considerably less than 3M from HBO and now they offer 13M for both? I wont believe it untill there's a credible source confirming. Do you believe it? Honest!
Bat, I loves these debates, but you're being silly.

It seems you don't want to believe anything. We've got a quote from Murad saying DM was asking for $6M and we've got Roy saying he was actually offered $5M.


Quote:
Because taking an undercard fight for peanuts without a guaranteed Jones shot would be stupid on DM's part and by definition non-commital on Jones' behalf.
You use the word undercard, like it was degrading him as a nobody.

It was a double header with the worlds best fighter, to promote their fight.

Two questions.

1. Who says DM was only going to be paid peanuts for the double header?

2. Why on earth do you keep suggesting that he wouldn't have got a guaranteed shot afterwards?

You are being ridiculous!

Of course there would have been a guaranteed shot afterwards. That was the whole point of the double header. To make the fight bigger.

They would have had to have paid DM to come over to fight in the U.S. to appear on the double header. Now if this had have happened, it would have generated huge interest in a fight between them afterwards.

HBO and everyone involved would not have taken the time and spent the money on organising the double header, if they weren't going to fight each other afterwards. The sole purpose of the double header, was to hype the fight. Of course they would have fought afterwards.

They could have just tried to have made the fight anyway. But the fact they tried to make the double header, just proves how much Roy and HBO and everyone wanted it. They wanted to make it a huge fight. You also have to remember that DM was famous in America, but mainly, just by name only. DM became known as the guy who had the only belt that Roy didn't have in the division, and he was at the top of the ranking systems. However, not many fans in the U.S. had actually seen him fight, for obvious reasons.

So one of the main reasons for the double header, was to actually showcase DM to the American public.


Quote:
Stop saying that or show a legitimate source saying Jones would commit to he deal.
Again you are being ridiculous. The links with Roy's advisor Brad Jacobs sitting down with HBO reps, and trying to get Kohl on the phone, is PROOF that Roy was committed. Roy fought 25 times on HBO, he and Oscar were their main fighters. HBO who Roy was contracted to, tried to make the double header. That's also PROOF that Roy was committed. You've also just seen a video where Roy says his employers had offered DM $5M. That is even further PROOF.


Quote:
And Jones continued fighting janitors and streetsweepers.
He fought Gonzalez, then in 2002 he tried to make the Hopkins rematch, but Bernard priced himself out. He then fought Kelly, a mandatory in Woods, and then he went to heavy for Ruiz, and then back for Tarver, when he couldn't get other fights at heavy.


Quote:
Jones would say and do whatever he pleased. Everybody knew that. I wouldn't believe anything untill I had a signed contract.
No! Roy wanted this fight. That is blatently obvious in the 5 articles and the video that you've been shown. He tried to make the DM fight and then later the Hop rematch to shut up the critics and please the fans.

He only made the decision to move upto heavy AFTER these fights couldn't be made.

It took Murad 2-3 months to tie up the Ruiz fight.

But in 2001, DM was the biggest fight out ther for Roy at 175.

The fact that after the DM fight fell through, he tried to make the Hop rematch, PROVES that he wouldn't have jumped ship to go to heavy after the double header.


Quote:
So Jones' story is the whole truth?
It's not Jones's story, you have 5 different articles.

I don't even think you've read them.

Murad would have no reason whatoever to lie.

He's told us roughly what DM was fighting for, and what he wanted.

Roy has told us what HBO actually offered him.

We then know that after negotiations broke down, he continued fighting for the same money against the likes of Harmon and Hall.

If you're fighting for $1-1.5M, then you turn down $5M to unify the whole division, then continue to fight for the same $1-1.5M as you were before, then you don't want the fight.

NOBODY would have turned down that amount of money, to then fight Richard Hall TWICE, if they'd really have wanted the fight.

Those actions tell you just how much he wanted his old belts back. It obviously wasn't worth the risk for him.


Wake up!


Regards, Loudon.

Last edited by Loudon; 12-19-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Loudon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #708
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
History proves you wrong you absolute moron. How did he duck somebody when he was out for a year with an injury. Did he fght somebody else???? You are as thick as two short planks.

Explain to me how he was out for a year with injury?

You've seen he was training in May

Fought in September

How was he out for a year (12 months)!?
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #709
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 744
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
History proves you wrong you absolute moron. How did he duck somebody when he was out for a year with an injury. Did he fght somebody else???? You are as thick as two short planks.
First, I'm not going to say Ward ducked Bute because I dont think he did. That said, I do have some questions.

Giving Andre Ward the benefit of the doubt and saying that he was legitimately out for a year with an injury - it happens and we have no reason to assume that it wasn't a legitimate injury - why did Ward, almost the second Bute signed his two fight deal with Froch, go out of his way to say Bute had never attempted to arrange a fight him in the first place?

Why did Ward go public and say that he was dissapointed that Bute was fighting Froch after previously saying Bute had to beat a better class opposition to get a fight with Ward?

Why did Ward act as if Bute/Ward was there to be made if he was out injured at the time and then complain that Bute was facing the second best guy in the division when the best was unavailable because of an injury?
MAJR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #710
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
First, I'm not going to say Ward ducked Bute because I dont think he did. That said, I do have some questions.

Giving Andre Ward the benefit of the doubt and saying that he was legitimately out for a year with an injury - it happens and we have no reason to assume that it wasn't a legitimate injury - why did Ward, almost the second Bute signed his two fight deal with Froch, go out of his way to say Bute had never attempted to arrange a fight him in the first place?

Why did Ward go public and say that he was dissapointed that Bute was fighting Froch after previously saying Bute had to beat a better class opposition to get a fight with Ward?

Why did Ward act as if Bute/Ward was there to be made if he was out injured at the time and then complain that Bute was facing the second best guy in the division when the best was unavailable because of an injury?

What injury kept him out for a year?

His broken hand was healed and given clearance in February to train

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
"Andre went to the doctor and the hand is healing up nicely, and now he is cleared to move forward utilizing the hand as he feels ready to use it," promoter Dan Goossen said.

Rafael's Boxing Blog
Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

Ward, 27, took some time off after the fight, including a family vacation to Hawaii. Now, with the hand ready to go, Ward said he is anxious to return to the ring.

"It went well," Ward said of his recent doctor's visit. "The hand is much better, somewhere around 90 percent. The key is to let pain be my guide. If something hurts, don't do it."

Whether you want to use the word 'ducked' or not, that's up to you - but there was nothing stopping him from fighting Bute, other than the fact that he didn't want to
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #711
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,541
vCash: 86
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Explain to me how he was out for a year with injury?

You've seen he was training in May

Fought in September

How was he out for a year (12 months)!?
It was the best part of a year. Nitpicking a few months shows how desperate you are.

Ill put it to you this way, so everybody can see how much of of a hater and bigot you are.

If Stieglitz, Stevenson or any other SMW called out Ward in Dec 2011 right after the Super6, does that mean he ducked them too? Ward is on record saying he was taking a break after a gruelling two years and also to let his broken hand heal. They can say , we never heard anything from Wards camp, just like Bute did. But He did NOT FIGHT TILL THE END OF 2012. How the **** did he duck ANYBODY.

You expossed yourself in this thread. You can come back with whatever bullshit you want. Im done with you.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #712
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,541
vCash: 86
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
First, I'm not going to say Ward ducked Bute because I dont think he did. That said, I do have some questions.

Giving Andre Ward the benefit of the doubt and saying that he was legitimately out for a year with an injury - it happens and we have no reason to assume that it wasn't a legitimate injury - why did Ward, almost the second Bute signed his two fight deal with Froch, go out of his way to say Bute had never attempted to arrange a fight him in the first place?

Why did Ward go public and say that he was dissapointed that Bute was fighting Froch after previously saying Bute had to beat a better class opposition to get a fight with Ward?

Why did Ward act as if Bute/Ward was there to be made if he was out injured at the time and then complain that Bute was facing the second best guy in the division when the best was unavailable because of an injury?
Because Ward expected the fight would be made, but Bute went and signed a two fight deal with Froch , eliminating any chance of a Ward/Bute fight. Bute did this, not Ward. The facts are out there for a child to understand.
Bute wanted a big name and they jumped on Froch after seeing him get dismantled by Ward. They immediately signed a two fight deal straight after the Super6 was over.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #713
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
It was the best part of a year. Nitpicking a few months shows how desperate you are.
9 months is 3 quarters of a year. 3 months is a significant period of time, so it's not nitpicking. You are wrong again


Quote:
Ill put it to you this way, so everybody can see how much of of a hater and bigot you are.

If Stieglitz, Stevenson or any other SMW called out Ward in Dec 2011 right after the Super6, does that mean he ducked them too? Ward is on record saying he was taking a break after a gruelling two years and also to let his broken hand heal. They can say , we never heard anything from Wards camp, just like Bute did. But He did NOT FIGHT TILL THE END OF 2012. How the **** did he duck ANYBODY.

Do you work for team Ward?! Carl Froch has been on a more gruelling schedule, seeing as he actually travelled in the Super 6, and he came out and fought Bute, now he wants either Bute or Kessler again next - so don't start that nonsense up

Ward's hand was given the all clear, and he was ready to train in February

His broken hand was healed and given clearance in February to train

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
"Andre went to the doctor and the hand is healing up nicely, and now he is cleared to move forward utilizing the hand as he feels ready to use it," promoter Dan Goossen said.

Rafael's Boxing Blog
Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

Ward, 27, took some time off after the fight, including a family vacation to Hawaii. Now, with the hand ready to go, Ward said he is anxious to return to the ring.

"It went well," Ward said of his recent doctor's visit. "The hand is much better, somewhere around 90 percent. The key is to let pain be my guide. If something hurts, don't do it."

The hand is no excuse, so what injury kept him away? Nothing.

Finally, what a silly example, did any of those guys actually call out Ward?

Was there any demand for them to fight him?

Bute called out Ward, and there was a lot of demand for the fight. It was considered one of the biggest fights outside of Mayweather-Pacquiao

Quote:
You expossed yourself in this thread. You can come back with whatever bullshit you want. Im done with you.


I think the word you're looking for is 'exposed' and no I didn't


Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Because Ward expected the fight would be made,
How can he expect the fight to be made, when he doesn't instruct his team to contact Bute's camp?

Quote:
"It's like he was resurrected after Easter ... after all, his nickname is 'Son Of God.' When I first read [Ward's comments], I thought it was a joke. We never had any discussions with Andre Ward. In fact, we have not heard from him since December 18... If he wanted to fight Lucian, we might have already been one week away before the fight."


Quote:
but Bute went and signed a two fight deal with Froch , eliminating any chance of a Ward/Bute fight. Bute did this, not Ward. The facts are out there for a child to understand.
Bute wanted a big name and they jumped on Froch after seeing him get dismantled by Ward. They immediately signed a two fight deal straight after the Super6 was over.

Bute signed to fight Froch, because Ward wouldn't face him - End of.
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #714
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,541
vCash: 86
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

"Bute signed to fight Froch, because Ward wouldn't face him - End of. "

He was out on injury and could not fight him you dumb Bastard. End of.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #715
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
"Bute signed to fight Froch, because Ward wouldn't face him - End of. "

He was out on injury and could not fight him you dumb Bastard. End of.

What injury?

Surely not the hand injury that was healed up by February?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
"Andre went to the doctor and the hand is healing up nicely, and now he is cleared to move forward utilizing the hand as he feels ready to use it," promoter Dan Goossen said.

Rafael's Boxing Blog
Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

Ward, 27, took some time off after the fight, including a family vacation to Hawaii. Now, with the hand ready to go, Ward said he is anxious to return to the ring.

"It went well," Ward said of his recent doctor's visit. "The hand is much better, somewhere around 90 percent. The key is to let pain be my guide. If something hurts, don't do it."

Remembering that Bute fought at the end of May, over 3 months later


So what injury popkins/kitikasem/dinovelvet/whatever other retarded alts you use?
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #716
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,541
vCash: 86
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Froch/Bute was announced in March. Do you know how long a fight takes to be made? They made the fight in Feb with Froch, while Ward was still out on injury. Ward didn't fight till the end of 2012 you dumb ****.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #717
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by popkins View Post
Froch/Bute was announced in March. Do you know how long a fight takes to be made? They made the fight in Feb with Froch, while Ward was still out on injury. Ward didn't fight till the end of 2012 you dumb ****.

Ward wasn't injured in March - can you highlight what injury it is that kept Ward out after February?

The fight was signed and sealed in March - Between December and March Ward's team showed no interest, hence why they never contacted them. Bute signed to fight Froch because Ward wouldn't face him, stop trying to rewrite history, it's painfully embarrassing, and to this point you're yet to provide any credible sources to support anything you've claimed
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #718
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,541
vCash: 86
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

[quote=knockout artist;14432427]I love lamp.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #719
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,541
vCash: 86
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Bring out the alt calling when you have nothing else you go on. Its what you and failey do best. Just like Loudon and Zod had to be American when they also made clowns out of you.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #720
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Are you going to ignore my post then? If so, that pretty much concludes this

When did I ever accuse Loudon or zod of being American? (Not that it would make any difference if they were anyway)
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013