Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #31
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240
Default Re: is tommy morrison alive ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
I believe that this is his most recent pic.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Notice the lesions on his forearm and the rotting finger on his hand.
If you believe that's his most recent pic then you shouldn't be posting in this thread.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #32
rob7779
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Damn, how in the hell did they convince Tommy those ab and chest implants were a good idea.

Anyways, I hope the guy is still alive and can get into some kind of treatment center for his addictions.
rob7779 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #33
DannyBoy1
Baby-Faced Assassin
ESB Jr Member

He tested negative for hiv like 4 times in 2007 ? And didnt some official body rule the previous positive test in 1996 results were infact faked ?

Strange strange story surrounding Tommy, wierd.
DannyBoy1 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #34
paulko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
If you believe that's his most recent pic then you shouldn't be posting in this thread.
I know its not but in this his chest n abs have been done.Take them away and have SMW.....He has no legs.So whats he like now
paulko is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #35
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 135

Tommy is alive. But some idiot radio broadcaster gave a 1 hour interview to a fake Tommy Morrison. So, that may of started some of these rumours. That don't even sound like Tommy. And Tommys Wife has since said that he hasnt given any interviews within the time that interview happend because he is very ill. The interview starts at about 12 minutes.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
TerryESB is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #36
ironmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy1 View Post
He tested negative for hiv like 4 times in 2007 ? And didnt some official body rule the previous positive test in 1996 results were infact faked ?

Strange strange story surrounding Tommy, wierd.
He tested negative reportedly 11 different times from December 2006 to February 2007, and it was one of these negative tests that was able to get him the license in West Virginia.

HOWEVER Morrison tested positive again for HIV and Hepatitis C after the John Castle Fight and right before he fought that MMA guy out on the indian reservation. His former lawyer, Randy Lang, was getting him fights based on the fact that Tommy was suffering HIV discrimination, and being properly medicated should not prevent him from earning a living in the ring.

He had the Castle Fight, then his next fight was supposed to be against Dale Ortiz in Houston, TX, but that was cancelled when Morrison himself withdrew the license application. Randy Lang told USA Today that he distanced himself from Morrison when Morrison began to tell the public that he had never been infected with HIV, nor did he ever take medication for the virus. Lang says Morrison was fit and strong in 2007 due to being on HIV antiretrovirals and also perscription anabolic steroids to cope with the weight loss. Lang said Morrison was a chain-smoking, 160 pound shell of a heavyweight when he first met him in 2005....
ironmark is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #37
ironmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
Yeah, this really is a crazy story. I also agree that the pic of him in the gym is much older and likely not a recent one at all.. he was "fighting" as recently as 2008, and that may have been taken around that time.

We need a good investigative journalist to dig into this one.
It's never gonna happen. Wherever Tommy was last staying, I believe Pigeon Forge TN, his wife claimed they don't have any internet access, hence the "lack of updates" on her part. Consider that until about December of 2011, Tommy was on the internet constantley emailing fans, visiting message boards, etc. Tommy was always friendly to all of his fans and answered every email, until all of a sudden when he went totally quiet.

There is a poster on here, Russ010, who has done a series of interviews with Morrison and his wife, and he got to know them closely, and he has not heard from them in some time. Their phone number is evidently disconnected.

Over the summer there was some drama on Tommy's official facebook, someone claiming to be his niece stated that Tommy was in fact dying, and that Trisha (his wife) would not let any of the family or his own kids come and see him. She accused her of letting Tommy get very sick by telling Tommy not to take his medicine because he was fine. Very sad that she would publicly put that out there.

I am a huge fan of the Duke, and i have followed his story very closely, until news on him went TOTALLY QUIET earlier this year. It is very unsettling because on many boxing boards, the opinion is that Tommy has been dead for several months, and his wife is allegedly still cashing his disability checks. Consider that this thing happens in towns all over the USA at any given point, and it isn't so far fetched. I've searched google and came up with dozens of stories where people have continued cashing Disability checks for years after a relative's death. The person getting disability evidently has to check in in person every year, few years, etc. and that is when they get busted when the dead person never shows up....
ironmark is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #38
leonuk
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

That link gets me nowhere. Has the thread been deleted?
leonuk is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #39
DannyBoy1
Baby-Faced Assassin
ESB Jr Member

Thanks for the info ironmark.

Found this on another forum.....

I received this email from Morrison's former trainer, Tom Virgets... but have been unable to get an update since. This was on July 24th, 2012:

Jonny,

Tommy is in the last stages of HIV/AIDS. He is weighing approximately 150 lbs. He has lost most of his mental faculties ( may or may not remember people from day to day)) and spends most of his days in bed. I am afraid that he will not last more than a month or two. Tommy continues to believe that he does not have aids. He is convinced that this most recent set back in his health is due to a spider bite.

Tom

When was the last confirmed contact with Tommy or Trish ? How accurate is this info given ?

Hooked on this shit, what the **** is going on with this guy.

EDIT - Posted that before your second post ironmark
DannyBoy1 is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #40
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
Just took a look at the thread from last week and there are pictures of Morrison from Facebook (pictures that his wife took) of him looking terribly sick on a bed and one of a disgusting open chest wound. Apparently the pec implant he got led to a serious infection that called for its removal. So that "recent" pic of him at the gym is probably from a couple years back as there are no scars on his chest. Also, he definitely looks younger there than he does in his mugshot and in the Fight Night Champion video. The situation is bizarre - a real mystery. I have no real insight on the matter, but if I had to guess just from everything I've seen and read on Facebook and various message boards today as well as over the past few months, I'd say Tommy's either in horrendous shape, actively dying, or dead.
He has HIV but denies it exists.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #41
Russ010

In regards to the radio interview I can confirm that I have spoken to Trisha and it was NOT Tommy being interviewed. She had no idea of it and had never heard it before. She also confirmed that Tommy had not done any interviews at all during the time stated. The pic being shown on this thread is quite old (maybe early 2010)
Russ010 is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #42
Russ010

On a seperate note altogether-where have all my previous posts gone?!?!
Russ010 is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #43
Gazza
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

According to his wiki he dies August 2012, first i've heard about it
Gazza is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #44
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Wow this is horrible
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #45
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmark View Post
He tested negative reportedly 11 different times from December 2006 to February 2007, and it was one of these negative tests that was able to get him the license in West Virginia.

HOWEVER Morrison tested positive again for HIV and Hepatitis C after the John Castle Fight and right before he fought that MMA guy out on the indian reservation. His former lawyer, Randy Lang, was getting him fights based on the fact that Tommy was suffering HIV discrimination, and being properly medicated should not prevent him from earning a living in the ring.

He had the Castle Fight, then his next fight was supposed to be against Dale Ortiz in Houston, TX, but that was cancelled when Morrison himself withdrew the license application. Randy Lang told USA Today that he distanced himself from Morrison when Morrison began to tell the public that he had never been infected with HIV, nor did he ever take medication for the virus. Lang says Morrison was fit and strong in 2007 due to being on HIV antiretrovirals and also perscription anabolic steroids to cope with the weight loss. Lang said Morrison was a chain-smoking, 160 pound shell of a heavyweight when he first met him in 2005....
it is my understanding that hep c is passed through needles and blood as opposed to ***ual contact. i know someone that allegedly contracted this virus from a tattoo artist who apparantly had a cut on his finger when he was admistering a tat on said person. tatto artist died and my friend didnt know he had hep until seven years later. one of his symptoms was an enlarged stomach that he had to have periodically drained, similar to what the photo of morrison shows.

what was the theory of how morrison contracted hiv?

appreciate your insight on morrison by the way.
Quincy K is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum