Old 12-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #31
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000
Default Re: WSB (World Series of Boxing) - Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
The LW's Matviychuk, Kyslytsyn and MW's Mytrofanov, Golub are all 1st rate guys so Lomachenko, Berinchyk and Khytrov just give them ridiculous depth but HW, LHW and BW are weak without them so they've been losing the team compititions because of it.
HW
Viktor Vykhrest 1-0
Anatoli Antoniuk 0-1
Rostyslav Arkhypenko 0-2

LHW
Denys Poyatsyka 1-1
Sergiy Lapin 0-1
Denys Solonenko 0-1

Usyk & Gvozdyk will have to show them how it's done. When do they join the team?

As for bantam...

Ivan Ilnytskyy 0-1
Viktor Gogolyev 1-0
Alexandr Riscan 0-1

The only Ukrainian representative in London was Pavlo Ishchenko and he got bounced pretty decisively by Joe Diaz Jr. in the RO32, coming nowhere near a medal. Is he talented enough to salvage that division, or is he more or less the same level as those already competing?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #32
doddy

vCash: 1513

I went to the last one at Earls court. Agreed Selby does look very good. I ended up being sat in the middle of a family of gypsies (wards brother, you might have heard him shouting during the fight?) and he went mental! Threatened to knock out a german women in front of us and one of the security staff
doddy is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #33
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doddy View Post
I went to the last one at Earls court. Agreed Selby does look very good. I ended up being sat in the middle of a family of gypsies (wards brother, you might have heard him shouting during the fight?) and he went mental! Threatened to knock out a german women in front of us and one of the security staff
Yeah, for having fallen short of a medal Andrew acquitted himself alright in his showings. He mostly outclassed Suleymanov (by more than the official scoring reflects) but did have some concerning defensive lapses. He also gave the Cuban who went on to Gold a tough go.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #34
Paddy85
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Does anyone know what's going on with the Russian WSB team?
Paddy85 is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #35
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy85 View Post
Why they're so much less active than everybody else (averaging half as many bouts), you mean?

Vysotsky?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #36
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by doddy View Post
Yeah wards family are crazy, the man in my avatar is his grandfather and his whole family are bare knuckle boxers, he is Irelands best amateur, unreal talent hope he dosent throw it away though as ive heard he is very lazy in the gym a few times .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzgtAMe0JqM[/ame]
moorser is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #37
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Ward just seems to coast through fights, doesnt bring much intensity though he did better in his 2nd fight than his 1st.

He hasnt lost a round yet in WSB so its hard to be too critical but I get the impression he could be so much more impressive if he really put his foot down.

It will be a real shame if he doesnt make the most of his talent.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #38
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Ward just seems to coast through fights, doesnt bring much intensity though he did better in his 2nd fight than his 1st.

He hasnt lost a round yet in WSB so its hard to be too critical but I get the impression he could be so much more impressive if he really put his foot down.

It will be a real shame if he doesnt make the most of his talent.
He hasnt left second gear yet, the better the opponent the better he performs, he destroyed Olpympic Gold and Silver medlaists Russia Meckonshev and Ireland Kenny Egan with ease, think he has boxed 6 top Russians and has never been beat by one, he also beat a Cuban with ease in the world youths 2 years ago.
moorser is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #39
doddy

vCash: 1513

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorser View Post
Yeah wards family are crazy, the man in my avatar is his grandfather and his whole family are bare knuckle boxers, he is Irelands best amateur, unreal talent hope he dosent throw it away though as ive heard he is very lazy in the gym a few times .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Yea I know about joe Joyce, ironically there was a joe Joyce boxing on the card which I made a joke about, low and behold I sat next to his grandson haha
doddy is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #40
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
HW
Viktor Vykhrest 1-0
Anatoli Antoniuk 0-1
Rostyslav Arkhypenko 0-2

LHW
Denys Poyatsyka 1-1
Sergiy Lapin 0-1
Denys Solonenko 0-1

Usyk & Gvozdyk will have to show them how it's done. When do they join the team?

As for bantam...

Ivan Ilnytskyy 0-1
Viktor Gogolyev 1-0
Alexandr Riscan 0-1

The only Ukrainian representative in London was Pavlo Ishchenko and he got bounced pretty decisively by Joe Diaz Jr. in the RO32, coming nowhere near a medal. Is he talented enough to salvage that division, or is he more or less the same level as those already competing?
HW Vykhrest and BW Gogolyev are guys i had never seen before but they both impressed me. Vykhrest may be able to compete with guys like Hrgovic and reminds me of him a little and Gogolyev is just aggressive, pretty skilled and fun to watch.

They're all supposed to start fighting in the new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy85 View Post
None of their top amateurs are fighting in WSB although Selimov is for Baku. Is that what you mean?
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #41
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

haha your lucky you got out without being battered, crazy bastrd that man is .Yeah I wonder has the boxer Joe Joyce got any Irish traveller in him, its very possible as he is from London and a boxer with a very common traveller name !

Davey Oliver Joyce who boxed for Germany that night is a cousin of Joe Ward aswel.
moorser is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #42
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
He hasnt left second gear yet, the better the opponent the better he performs, he destroyed Olpympic Gold and Silver medlaists Russia Meckonshev and Ireland Kenny Egan with ease, think he has boxed 6 top Russians and has never been beat by one, he also beat a Cuban with ease in the world youths 2 years ago.
Once he fights guys like Gvozdyk, Rouzbahani, Benchabla, Peralta, Michel we'll see him pushed.

Hard hitting and bloody LHW bout. Rouzbahani got to the QF in Olympics and WC and Poyatsyka is our #2 LHW and a former European Champion (He actually beat SHW Kapitonenko at the 2011 Ukrainian Nationals in spite of giving up 40-50lbs but got robbed)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa7CNiTbpAU[/ame]
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #43
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Rouzabanhi actually beat Ward in the world champs, it was Wards worst performance i ever seen and got beat on a count back, if they foguht again my money would be on Ward easy, hope they do tbh !

Ward beat the Russian no 2 Ivanov to win the Europeans last year even though he was only 17 at the time .
moorser is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #44
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Rouzabanhi actually beat Ward in the world champs, it was Wards worst performance i ever seen and got beat on a count back, if they foguht again my money would be on Ward easy, hope they do tbh !

Ward beat the Russian no 2 Ivanov to win the Europeans last year even though he was only 17 at the time .
Rouzbahani is in better form this year than in 2011, though.

He was unlucky not to advance to the medal stage in London, getting screwed against the Kazakh. (though he might well have lost to Gvozdyk and come up empty-handed anyway)
Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #45
Paddy85
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
None of their top amateurs are fighting in WSB although Selimov is for Baku. Is that what you mean?
No, I meant that their last 2 home matches seem to have been cancelled or postponed?
Paddy85 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum