Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #721
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,787
vCash: 100
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Negotiations for that fight were taking place well before March. Ward was out of the picture.
Its all there in the last few pages. Ward wasn't after a fight with ANYBODY, this is proven by the fact he did not fight till the end of 2012. There is no arguing against this fact.
Nobody else will argue this except you and the rest of your chumps who are known Ward haters.
If you are so confidant about it , make a thread with a poll. Go on , do it.

Last edited by dinovelvet; 12-19-2012 at 12:19 PM.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #722
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Negotiations for that fight were taking place well before March. Ward was out of the picture.
Its all there in the last few pages. Ward wasn't after a fight with ANYBODY, this is proven by the fact he did not fight till the end of 2012. There is no arguing against this fact.
Nobody else will argue this except you and the rest of your chumps who are known Ward haters.
If you are so confiant about it , make a thread with a poll. Go on , do it.

Are you actually going to provide some sources to back up anything you say?


Bute's team wanted to fight Ward first and foremost. Ward's team made no contact because they didn't want the fight:

Quote:
"It's like he was resurrected after Easter ... after all, his nickname is 'Son Of God.' When I first read [Ward's comments], I thought it was a joke. We never had any discussions with Andre Ward. In fact, we have not heard from him since December 18... If he wanted to fight Lucian, we might have already been one week away before the fight."

Bute's manager confirms that if Ward wanted to fight, they would never have faced Froch. Carl was the back up, because Ward didn't want to fight. How is this not sinking in yet?
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #723
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,787
vCash: 100
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

They could of fought Froch, then targeted Ward. They signed Bute away for two years. Ive posted all the proof of Wards broken hand and more importantly, HE DID NOT FIGHT ANYBODY. You really are a clown of the highest level.

Make the poll. Go on . do it.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #724
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
They could of fought Froch, then targeted Ward. They signed Bute away for two years. Ive posted all the proof of Wards broken hand and more importantly, HE DID NOT FIGHT ANYBODY. You really are a clown of the highest level.

Make the poll. Go on . do it.

You've not posted proof of anything I knew all about the hand, and shot that point down by proving that it was healed in February, and Ward was ready to go.

He fought nobody because he steered clear of Bute, then his mandatory Anthony Dirrell had a motorcycle accident and had to pull out, then Chad Dawson foolishly agreed to come down to 168 and into Oakland, so that fight was made for September. I trust you've been following this whole time, maybe you've just forgotten?

Yes he fought nobody until September, so? That was out of choice, and his mandatory pulling out. The hand was healed by February, what other injuries kept him out? It's amusing how personally you take any criticism of Ward, and just outright accuse me of being a hater. I stayed up til 5am to watch Ward-Dawson, watched all of Ward's fight since he beat Kessler, and have stated many times on here that I'd pick Ward to beat Bute in a good fight.

ducked, missed, avoided, steered clear of, didn't want to face etc. etc. call it whatever you like, argue the reasons why as well. However, one thing that has to be accepted, is that Ward didn't want to fight Bute, when both were undefeated champions, that can't be argued with.

Why make a poll? Such threads already exist, use the search function

EDIT:

Here's a post of mine in the Ward-Dawson RBR I found just now using the search function - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That was at 4:13am as I watching live, I don't stay up to watch fighters I'm not a fan of
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #725
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,787
vCash: 100
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Ward fan or not ,everybody who is a boxing fan was watching that fight.

I remember no scheduled date of a Ward/Direll fight before Dawson called him out . Provide the proof of this.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #726
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Ward fan or not ,everybody who is a boxing fan was watching that fight.
I'm sure you appreciate it's not easy to be up at 4:30am for the sake of watching a fight! I've done it a handful of times all year, I generally catch them on youtube in the morning. It was a shame Dawson killed himself making weight, to the point where he had nothing to offer

Quote:
I remember no scheduled date of a Ward/Direll fight before Dawson called him out . Provide the proof of this.

I'm not sure there was a scheduled date, but Dirrell was definitely the mandatory

Quote:
"This is Andre Ward's time, and I don't want to take anything away from him. But when the time comes, then it comes. I'm his WBC mandatory, and we want our shot at the world title," Dirrell told RingTV.com.

"I'm the mandatory for the WBC, and I want my shot. It's as simple as that. If Andre's got it, then I want my shot. He needs to either give me my shot or vacate it, because I want it."

Ward, for his part, did not discount Dirrell's position in the mix.

"I know that Anthony is the mandatory, and we just have to sit down and see. You know, I've been there. When I beat Edison Miranda, I think that I was the No. 1 for Carl Froch's belt. And then something happened and they switched it," said Ward, who earned $900,000 against Froch's $600,000.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Perhaps Ward would have vacated I'm not sure? But Ward not fighting for 9 months, was entirely his own choice. The hand injury was given the all clear in February
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #727
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,787
vCash: 100
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

You are full of shit you sad hater.. You want more proof. How this for ya...
ESPN article by fat Dan.

"Ward, 27, will be in a cast for two weeks and then go through rehabilitation. His next fight date is not set, but he won't return until at least next spring."

"I should be fine," said Ward, who tweeted photos of his hands, and of his left in a cast. "We're looking at April or May. I don't think this is going to be major setback."

Bute signed himseld away for two years back in Feb. You're finished. Done.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #728
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,787
vCash: 100
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Dirrell was never set to fight Ward this year you ****ing idiot.

Here's the link. You've been bested. Pack it up and go home. I got no more time for you

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #729
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
You are full of shit you sad hater.. You want more proof. How this for ya...
ESPN article by fat Dan.

"Ward, 27, will be in a cast for two weeks and then go through rehabilitation. His next fight date is not set, but he won't return until at least next spring."

"I should be fine," said Ward, who tweeted photos of his hands, and of his left in a cast. "We're looking at April or May. I don't think this is going to be major setback."

Bute signed himseld away for two years back in Feb. You're finished. Done.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

We're looking at April or May to fight, and Bute fought in May, so why couldn't he have fought Bute? He was absolutely to train from February, and fight in May. Thanks for that link, you've proven what I've said all along, Ward's inactivity was his own choice




Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Dirrell was never set to fight Ward this year you ****ing idiot.

Here's the link. You've been bested. Pack it up and go home. I got no more time for you

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I know he injured his hand, it was healed up and ready to go by February, as shown in the links I provided.

Dirrell was his mandatory, so that would have been the next logical fight
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #730
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 515
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Thanks for the great reply mate, I enjoyed reading that. I respect your opinion on Bruce, and many people share your opinion. Like I say, I haven't watched The UFC for a while, but I'm going to give it another go. I've never heard of Kaoklai Kaennorsing. He sounds fascinating. I'll have a look on youtube and read up on him, then I'll get back to you.

Thanks Pecho!
Thanks dude,i love reading your threads as well.Especially in the threads of the guy who disses americans fighters.Forgot his nick.
Quite a knowledge you have.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #731
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,124
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Ward fan or not ,everybody who is a boxing fan was watching that fight.

I remember no scheduled date of a Ward/Direll fight before Dawson called him out . Provide the proof of this.


The only time Dirrell was scheduled to figh Ward was in he super 6 ..Outside of that all Dirrrell has done is waste his talent.
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #732
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
The only time Dirrell was scheduled to figh Ward was in he super 6 ..Outside of that all Dirrrell has done is waste his talent.
We're talking about Anthony Dirrell
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #733
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,124
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
We're talking about Anthony Dirrell


Oh not this argument again.He went on to face Dawson who at the time before. The fight was by far the most dangerous opponent than Andre Dirrell,Anthony Dirrell and Lucian Bute .I mean Ward's legacy won't suffer one bit if he never faces Anthony Dirrell this much is certain.
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #734
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,787
vCash: 100
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

****out thinks Ward ducked the whole SMW division. He's been exposed as a right fool and a desperate hater in this thread.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #735
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,777
vCash: 210
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
****out thinks Ward ducked the whole SMW division. He's been exposed as a right fool and a desperate hater in this thread.
Ward did seem to avoid Bute.
Ward hasnt ducked the whole SMW division at all, but he hasnt fought any top undefeated fighters and he hasnt fought any undefeated champions.
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013