Old 12-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #751
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
I never said he ducked Anthony Dirrell, read over what I wrote before commenting
Make the thread. You wont dont do it. Do it. I have you in the paslm of my hand. You have nothing left but your bullshit hate.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #752
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
Thanks dude,i love reading your threads as well.Especially in the threads of the guy who disses americans fighters.Forgot his nick.
Quite a knowledge you have.
Thanks mate, you also have great knowledge. I enjoy reading your posts too. There's a lot of guys on here with a lot more knowledge than me though, and I've learnt a lot since I've joined.

I really enjoy it, it's good fun.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #753
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Make the thread. You wont dont do it. Do it. I have you in the paslm of my hand. You have nothing left but your bullshit hate.

Congratulations, you've now officially gone full retard. You're not even trying to argue your point anymore

Game over dino
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #754
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Kessler was a good win, but it was also older, rusty unwell double vision suffering Kessler that Ward was facing, who had been exposed previously.
With Froch, its a bit misleading, Froch struggled with Pascal who did nothing at SMW, was behind against Taylor before the end, who did nothing at SMW, some think he lost to Dirrell who had done nothing at SMW, He did lose to unwell Kessler, clearly beat Abraham coming off a loss, then fought old SMW journeyman G Johnson to a Mdec, which isnt good.
So the run up with Froch wasnt as good as it sounds.
Johnson was handled far easier in the older SMW era, when Johnson was prime.
Ward could have fought Bute. Due to Bute being an undefeated world champ and looking destructive, it would have been Wards biggest win. ward didnt take the challenge and Bute had fought some fair comp

Kessler is what now 3 x champ ? All that double vision crap came after Ward .

And exposed by whom?

Froch has done more in 2yrs than Bute has as IBF champ ! Look who he's fought since capturing the title .You want to discredit Froch's win but compared what Bute has done since winning the belt back in 07 Froch's resume trumps most if not all of Bute's wins !

The only reason Bute was an undefeated world champ was he kept fighting stiff after stiff similar to his idol .Ward fought much better comp in less time than Lucian has been champ same as Froch yet Bute because he was nothing more than a belt holder and undefeated yet didnt have the resume of the 2 guys mentioned was more dangerous ?

I get it the undefeated record supercedes the quality and caliber of opponents .That would have been Wards biggest win ,yeah ok shit you still don't give credit to Froch for beating him yet you would have gave it too Ward ..The Dawson win was a bigger one than Bute !
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #755
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Great film that mate! I must have seen it about 6-7 times.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #756
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
I never said he ducked Anthony Dirrell, read over what I wrote before commenting

Thats right you said he ducked Bute ..My mistake .
Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #757
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Kessler is what now 3 x champ ? All that double vision crap came after Ward .

And exposed by whom?

Froch has done more in 2yrs than Bute has as IBF champ ! Look who he's fought since capturing the title .You want to discredit Froch's win but compared what Bute has done since winning the belt back in 07 Froch's resume trumps most if not all of Bute's wins !

The only reason Bute was an undefeated world champ was he kept fighting stiff after stiff similar to his idol .Ward fought much better comp in less time than Lucian has been champ same as Froch yet Bute because he was nothing more than a belt holder and undefeated yet didnt have the resume of the 2 guys mentioned was more dangerous ?

I get it the undefeated record supercedes the quality and caliber of opponents .That would have been Wards biggest win ,yeah ok shit you still don't give credit to Froch for beating him yet you would have gave it too Ward ..The Dawson win was a bigger one than Bute !

Come on Imperial, if Ward had fought and beaten Bute after the S6 that would be regarded as a massive win. It's easy to look back in hindsight, but you have to agree that would have been an excellent win for Ward

It's currently Froch's best win and it was a great one, and a great night for British boxing

Quote:
Thats right you said he ducked Bute ..My mistake .

Call it a duck or whatever you want, I'm just pointing out that Ward stayed away from Bute at that time, and I'm right
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #758
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

You want to hear the same argument over and over. You are in full denial you twisted sack of shit.

Great film Loudon. Whats your take on this situation?
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #759
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You want to hear the same argument over and over. You are in full denial you twisted sack of shit.

Good one
Old 12-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #760
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Come on Imperial, if Ward had fought and beaten Bute after the S6 that would be regarded as a massive win. It's easy to look back in hindsight, but you have to agree that would have been an excellent win for Ward

It's currently Froch's best win and it was a great one, and a great night for British boxing
Man I was banging that drum about Bute long before all this mess that he was unproven .Kessler and Froch were bigger wins I felt that going into the super 6 and after . Some people don't give full credit to Froch for the win yet they would give it to Ward ?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #761
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Man I was banging that drum about Bute long before all this mess that he was unproven .Kessler and Froch were bigger wins I felt that going into the super 6 and after . Some people don't give full credit to Froch for the win yet they would give it to Ward ?

I agree, Ward would beat Bute clearly. But after the Super 6, Bute was the next biggest name in the division after Ward, it was the fight to make. Whether you think Bute needed to prove himself, or whether Ward didn't need to take a hard fight after the s6, that's all fair enough and everyone's entitled to an opinion. The simple truth is that Ward didn't want to fight Bute. Dino's problem is that if he had agreed Ward didn't want to fight, but then stated Bute needed to prove himself, that would have been understandable, but he got overly defensive and tried to make out it was Bute avoiding the fight

Also, those who discredit the win for Froch have an agenda, Carl was an underdog going into that fight, and he hammered him.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #762
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Yeah I love Shane Meadows.

I don't really want to get involved, I've got my hands full with the Danish Bailey - Bat the Man. I'm going to start calling him Dailey.

Knockout showed me those links the other month, and I'd not seen them before, and I thought they were very interesting.

My take on it is this.

I think when Andre finished the Super Six, I think he wanted to take a break. I think he would have been willing to have fought Bute, but not at that point. I think he wanted a rest, and an easy fight or two after the tournament.

I think he earned that right. I think it's harsh to criticise him for the Pavlik fight, because he deserves a fight like that. Even if he hadn't have injured his hand, he still wouldn't have wanted to have fought Bute at that point, in my opinion. But I don't call it a duck, as in the sense that he was scared to face him.

I think he wanted a break, and I think he wanted to build up the fight like what was mentioned in your links. It's only my opinion, but I think Andre, as well as myself and a lot of other people, thought that Bute would still be the champ a year down the line, and the fight could be made then. I don't think Andre expected Carl to come in and destroy him like that.

So even if Andre's hand hadn't have been hurt, I think he'd have been happy to take a step back for a while. But like I say, I don't call it a duck. I would guess that Andre's a little frustrated that they didn't fight though, because after he's easily beat Carl with an injured hand, unifying the division doesn't seem as important as what it was when Bute was the other belt holder.

I think Andre watched Carl beat him, and thought to himself, I could have done that. I also think that when he came out and said he wanted the Bute fight, after Froch and Bute had been signed, that he only half heartedly meant it. I think he did genuinely want to fight Bute, and he would have done, but not at that point.

The longer they'd have gone without fighting, the bigger the fight would have been. I think Carl threw a spanner in the works. But like I say, even without the injury, I think he'd have fought Dawson and Pavlik anyway. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I think he maybe regrets now not pushing for the fight, after seeing what Carl did, but I think at the time, he did the right thing, and he had the right to do whatever he thought was for the best.

So to summarise, I don't think Andre really wanted Bute, but he certainly didn't duck him, and I think he'd definitely have been looking for a big unification fight with him at some point next year.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #763
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Kessler was a good win, but it was also older, rusty unwell double vision suffering Kessler that Ward was facing, who had been exposed previously.
With Froch, its a bit misleading, Froch struggled with Pascal who did nothing at SMW, was behind against Taylor before the end, who did nothing at SMW, some think he lost to Dirrell who had done nothing at SMW, He did lose to unwell Kessler, clearly beat Abraham coming off a loss, then fought old SMW journeyman G Johnson to a Mdec, which isnt good.
So the run up with Froch wasnt as good as it sounds.
Johnson was handled far easier in the older SMW era, when Johnson was prime.
Ward could have fought Bute. Due to Bute being an undefeated world champ and looking destructive, it would have been Wards biggest win. ward didnt take the challenge and Bute had fought some fair comp

done nothing at SMW, done nothing at SMW, done nothing at SMW... I get so tired of you saying that.

Sometimes a win is better against a much proven guy from another weight, who beat quality fighters there over someone who racked up a bunch of pointless defenses against no bodies at the weight.

Are you telling me you would rate Roy's win over Toney higher if he made him lose 8 more pounds where Toney was more proven? Forget Toney was known as one of the best fighters on the planet, he just didn't do enough at that very weight for you to rate the win. That was the greatest SMW win ever, regardless of your weird standards.

Every argument, agenda and belief you have in the sport leads to Calzaghe at some point, even when you are talking about different fighters.
Mind Reader is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum