Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #16
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What are your views on boxing?

boxing has lost its way. i grew up as a boxing FANATIC.. i was that obsessed i used to borrow boxing books from the library and cut all the pictures out and stick them on my wall.
but as i grew up i started to realise how much we are being ****ed over as fans.
too many belts, too many protected fighters, too many greedy promoters trying to squeeze every last dollar out of the sport, even boxing fans now dont talk about the quality of the fight as much as how much the fighters got paid. you might get 4 or 5 big fights a year if were lucky and 3 of those 5 will turn out to be boring fights. the rest of the time its just people trying to pad their record or make a "name" for themselves. the sport has gone to the dogs
the one good thing to come out of boxing lately though is the 24/7 type shows. i really wish they were around when i was growing up.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
boxing has lost its way. i grew up as a boxing FANATIC.. i was that obsessed i used to borrow boxing books from the library and cut all the pictures out and stick them on my wall.
but as i grew up i started to realise how much we are being ****ed over as fans.
too many belts, too many protected fighters, too many greedy promoters trying to squeeze every last dollar out of the sport, even boxing fans now dont talk about the quality of the fight as much as how much the fighters got paid. you might get 4 or 5 big fights a year if were lucky and 3 of those 5 will turn out to be boring fights. the rest of the time its just people trying to pad their record or make a "name" for themselves. the sport has gone to the dogs
the one good thing to come out of boxing lately though is the 24/7 type shows. i really wish they were around when i was growing up.
Excellent post, and that's coming from a fan of both sports.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #18
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Thanks for wasting my tax dollars you sponging cunt.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Great post, that's almost exactly the way I feel!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
This.
Verbatim.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #21
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
I'd always wondered who the bastard was who cut all the pictures out of the books at the library
Old 12-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #22
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict

boxing and mma are becoming more similar day by day
pong is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #23
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict

I enjoy both. I appreciate boxing for being technical, scientific, and precise. Since the fighters are limited in their attack, they need to perfect it. Given the right two fighters, they can make art in the ring. I like MMA for being more wide open and more unpredictable. Since the fighters have so many tools, fights can end at any time in a multitude of ways. There are more facets (though they're individually less developed than boxing) and upsets happen more frequently.
Tko4 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #24
MaliSlamusrex
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Boxing is losing it's glamour with no HW division. MMA has always had a HW division and the fights get made.
MaliSlamusrex is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #25
Dannytsg
The Snake

I am and always will be a boxing fan. It's one of the things I started doing as a child and it will always hold a special place with me. I'm also a big fan of any combat sport as I can appreciate the effort it takes to get to pinnacle levels.

Theres nothing like watching a good boxing clinic or a phone box style boxing match ala gatti vs ward
Dannytsg is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #26
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrodstar View Post
I am personally a huge fan. I always figured everyone else here was too. There is constantly people coming on here and accusing this forum of not understanding boxing and telling us that MMA is an inferior sport.

The weird part is though, this is a boxing website, we have all come here because we were checking boxing news on the main page.

Anyone have anything against boxing?
Not at all, I absolutely love the sport of boxing, as I do MMA, they both play a massive part in my life!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #27
boxing4ever
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Huge boxing fan. even with its flaws i still get more hyped for a big boxing fight than mma.

started watching Japanese mma and loved it but i'm a huge Japanese pro-wrestling fan and mma in japan was just continuation of that.

When pride died i would say i was big on ufc until about 12-18 months ago. Now I rarely watch mma. I'll watch certain fights but cant remember the last time I watched a whole event. Just doesnt interest me like it used too.
boxing4ever is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #28
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #29
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I am a hardcore fan of both MMA and boxing. Fans who don't like one or the other should not call themselves fight fans. I like fighting and that includes K1, Muay Thai etc I appreciate the hardwork and skill involved in all of them.

This argument was only ever created by insecure fans/promoters. The boxing fraternity feared the new kid on the block as MMA exposed all of boxings flaws. On the flipside MMA sought to come across as a "real" fight to garner credibility. Both stances are embarassing but resulted in boxing having to improve their product and MMA continuing to strive where boxing fails.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #30
cryptic
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1100

i like boxing more than mma. although i also like mma i view mma as low class compared to boxing.
cryptic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum