Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #391
Brockton Rock
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Is this some kind of joke? Rocky would crush Wlad and it wouldn't even be close. Rockys is at another level to Wlad and his robotic plodding style. Rocky would duck and weave his way inside and smash Wlads body, arms and face with pulverizing shots relentlessly for 12 or 15 or however many rounds you choose.

Wlad is a coward and would not be able to handle the pressure of a prime, undefeated Marciano. Wlad wouldnt know what hit him and would end up being a laughing stock in this one sided contest. Rocky enjoyed fighting bigger guys and would inflict some serious damage on Wlad and make him whimper and crumple in a heap.
Brockton Rock is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #392
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

This thread is some sort of light for retard moths.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #393
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockton Rock View Post
Is this some kind of joke? Rocky would crush Wlad and it wouldn't even be close. Rockys is at another level to Wlad and his robotic plodding style. Rocky would duck and weave his way inside and smash Wlads body, arms and face with pulverizing shots relentlessly for 12 or 15 or however many rounds you choose.

Wlad is a coward and would not be able to handle the pressure of a prime, undefeated Marciano. Wlad wouldnt know what hit him and would end up being a laughing stock in this one sided contest. Rocky enjoyed fighting bigger guys and would inflict some serious damage on Wlad and make him whimper and crumple in a heap.
1)i love your name and it's a small indication of where you may land on this fight...

2)wlad is not a coward. this comment makes no sense

3)what bigger guys did rocky beat that compare to wlad in any way shape or form? don ****ell (205), lee savold (200) or the monstrous rex layne (193)? they were bigger than marciano but 40-50 pounds lighter than wlad

he fought exactly two men above 220 pounds-Bill Wilson and Johnny Shkor (yes i'm a boxrec warrior, i needed to check).

How do Bill Wilson and Shkor measure up to wlad? how do fighting these men, who were nowhere near wlad's size or ability to use it, prepare rocky for a powerful, athletic and technically gifted klitschko?
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #394
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Im a huge fan of the rock but i cant lie i dont see this going well for him. I see vlad making a absoulute disgrace of Rocky's face.
latineg is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #395
HOUDINI
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Rocky low crouch makes it tough for any very tall fighter especially walking statues to hit him consistently. As Wlad bends lower to better hit rocky he exposes his glass chin and once hit he exposes his lack of courage. One on the button right hand from Rocky ends the fight.
HOUDINI is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #396
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Rocky would never beat wlad to the punch.

Fight wouldn't ever be sanctioned today.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #397
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI View Post
Rocky low crouch makes it tough for any very tall fighter especially walking statues to hit him consistently. As Wlad bends lower to better hit rocky he exposes his glass chin and once hit he exposes his lack of courage. One on the button right hand from Rocky ends the fight.
Marciano can touch objects around 216cm high max with his hands straight above him.
With a low crouch he won't be able to hit Wlad with anything unless he's right under him.
And being under Wlad is not smart unless you like carrying an extra 1.5 times your bodyweight while you got back problems.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #398
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I am waiting for the next 5 foot 10 inch heavyweight with a sub 70 inch reach who even gets ranked in the top 20 by the most spurious of sanctioning bodies.

Oh, but I suppose Marciano was a once in a species athletic freak.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #399
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
I am waiting for the next 5 foot 10 inch heavyweight with a sub 70 inch reach who even gets ranked in the top 20 by the most spurious of sanctioning bodies.

Oh, but I suppose Marciano was a once in a species athletic freak.
like that guy that eats all those hot dogs or Wayne Gretzky .

i like the rock. tough bastard, great punch, outstanding stamina. never in his career did he demonstrate the ability to destroy a 250 pound, athletic master ring general who had a MUCH better jab and hit just as hard.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #400
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Seriously, the analytical reasoning of some of the posters in here is shockingly bad.
i gave frazier a better chance against wlad than rocky but it would be EXTREMELY difficult for him to do.

i just can't see how rocky, who was ok at slipping a jab but not great, is going to get past wlad's MASSIVE reach advantage and one of the modern eras best jabs?

i just can't see how rocky's ****ing t-rex arms are getting anywhere near a fighter so much taller,with significantly better footwork?

yes, rocky fought out of a good crouch and was tenacious. that crouch would mean the wlad has to aim lower while pummelling him and that tenacity means he takes a far longer beating than he should. that's it
Old 12-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #401
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

We can speculate but I always like to see how a fighter finishes his career before I judge, some get better with age and experience and others provide us with insight to weaknesses they always had and are magnified or exposed with age. As far as matching era's its a hard thing because we either move one man backwards or the other forward but we do not have time machines that can adjust for head to heads. As for me i judge a fighter by the era and a great fighter in his era is a great fighter. As for the new batch of heavyweights more of them are 6"7, 6'9, 6'8 and north of 240lba, I dont know if makes their chins stronger of makes them better but it may be time to call them Super Heavyweights and create a heavyweight division with a 220-230 Maximum and then let the champs fight if it has public interest.

Even an old conservative boxing man like myself see the need for change because some of the big men are getting better and there is an over 6'3 235lb weight class

Let the chips fall where they may
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #402
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Seamus you keep coming back here without fail talking shit , so the retard is clearly you.

You should of thought that remark over before you posted it.

One huge factor i forgot to mention is - if he couldn't knok out David Haye who fights the same height, how the **** does he knock out the Rock.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #403
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Seamus you keep coming back here without fail talking shit , so the retard is clearly you.

One huge factor i forgot to mention is - if he couldn't knok out David Haye who fights the same height, how the **** does he knock out the Rock.
i haven't read the whole thread. how do you imagine rock winning? battle plan, etc. this is genuine curiousity
Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #404
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post

Just here to egg on your moronic shit show, my friend.

It provides me cheap entertainment.

And, yes, David Haye fights at the same height (and more importantly the same distance) as Marciano. Can I have more of your profoundly incorrect observations?
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #405
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Go back and read. Is that too difficult?

The pro Wlad debate is made up of mostly insults ,tantrums and accusations with very little boxing talk.
dinovelvet is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum