Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Default Boxing coaches deserve respect

Boxing coaches deserve respect, they are there to teach boxing to young or old, amateur or pro, beginner or a guy looking to stay fit or to learn how to take care of themselves. They are there rain or shine, make little or no money. One of the things that is taught, is sportsmanship and respect, something missed by some posters who come on here. If you dont know the human body as they do, you are considered mentally deficient.
Maybe somebody should inform these know it all's, who wrote the book on modern science and technology, that a boxing coach teaches BOXING.
If they want to impress their girlfriends with their superior knowledge of the human body thats great they probably cant fight anyway.
I wonder what these guys think as they are being punched in the face "The oscillation of the framus, undermines the perpendicular core muscles of my glut's."
Boxing coaches have done a terrific job for centuries, for being so dumb and not understanding the human body. I wonder if all those HOF'rs, ATG's, champions of everyweight and size, knew that boxing coaches were so dumb.
Let me clue these know it all's, boxing has always been up to date with every technological advance's in conditioning. Boxing coaches are not as dumb as you think. Conditioning is not their forte, they know how to get a fighter ready to fight, conditioning is but ONE part of it.
I can tell you I think most people would rather sit around talking with a boxing coach then a boring lecture on the twitching of muscle fibers. If a fighter had a conditioning problems I would highly recommend an S&C guy, if the fighter is like most fighters their boxing coaches or the asst coach, takes good care of the conditioning. They actually win fights not knowing anything, I sometimes wonder how they cope with life not knowing the human body and all the modern science available to them.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

Know where you are coming from .
scrap is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect


You have serious issues pal. Boxing coaches are great at teaching boxing and deserve respect, like anybody in any profession who are passionate and good at what they do. You're the one who is continuously trying to disrespect the profession of a strength and conditioning coach, why do you feel so threatened?
I'm sorry I've hurt your feelings so much and made you feel inferior. If you read a book you might also learn some new things, chin up!
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post

You have serious issues pal. Boxing coaches are great at teaching boxing and deserve respect, like anybody in any profession who are passionate and good at what they do. You're the one who is continuously trying to disrespect the profession of a strength and conditioning coach, why do you feel so threatened?
I'm sorry I've hurt your feelings so much and made you feel inferior. If you read a book you might also learn some new things, chin up!
Aaah, ya know I gotta respond, "You have serious issues pal.", WITH WHAT? "You're the one who is continuously trying to disrespect the profession of a strength and conditioning coach, why do you feel so threatened?" I DON'T.

I Respond to people who think they know it all, ck your past posts you'll see they are littered with how dumb and clueless boxing coaches are. You guys were quick to jump on the bandwagon, that S&C dramatically increased JMM's power, when he ko'd Pac. c'mon, power was not a problem for Marquez, 39ko's many one punch jobs coming into the Pac fight.
I am not totally against S&C guys, for JMM, who is an older fighter, I would definitely call in an S&C guy, if the fighter is moving up in weight, like Donaire, yes sir a good s&c guy comes in handy, if the fighter is having trouble with his weight, you get the idea. S&C guys are specialists problem solvers. Respect boxing coaches, they donate all their spare time, taking kid's to tournaments, and doing all they do, A kid needs shoes or some equipment the coach finds a way to get the fighter what he needs. So respect is in order try to understand that they are not clueless or dumb, they may not have the time.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Aaah, ya know I gotta respond, "You have serious issues pal.", WITH WHAT? "You're the one who is continuously trying to disrespect the profession of a strength and conditioning coach, why do you feel so threatened?" I DON'T.

I Respond to people who think they know it all, ck your past posts you'll see they are littered with how dumb and clueless boxing coaches are. You guys were quick to jump on the bandwagon, that S&C dramatically increased JMM's power, when he ko'd Pac. c'mon, power was not a problem for Marquez, 39ko's many one punch jobs coming into the Pac fight.
I am not totally against S&C guys, for JMM, who is an older fighter, I would definitely call in an S&C guy, if the fighter is moving up in weight, like Donaire, yes sir a good s&c guy comes in handy, if the fighter is having trouble with his weight, you get the idea. S&C guys are specialists problem solvers. Respect boxing coaches, they donate all their spare time, taking kid's to tournaments, and doing all they do, A kid needs shoes or some equipment the coach finds a way to get the fighter what he needs. So respect is in order try to understand that they are not clueless or dumb, they may not have the time.
I said they are generally clueless when it comes to knowledge of the human body and how to condition an athlete. There would be exceptions of course, openminded boxing coaches who utilise the advances in sports science. It sounds like you have a crush on some kind hearted boxing coach. You seem to like to paint everybody with the same brush, people are individuals, not their profession.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
I said they are generally clueless when it comes to knowledge of the human body and how to condition an athlete. There would be exceptions of course, openminded boxing coaches who utilise the advances in sports science. It sounds like you have a crush on some kind hearted boxing coach. You seem to like to paint everybody with the same brush, people are individuals, not their profession.
Ok, so whats your point, fyi Boxing coaches dont really have to know the human body as well as you do, cos they are boxing coachesthey know how to condition an athlete, and have done very well without S&C guys for centuries, they know better then you when a guy is having problems then they look for someone who does know, this ain't rocket science.
Anyway we are talking about boxing not rocket science conditioning. A good boxing coach knows how to prepare a fighter, boxing and conditioning-wise.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #7
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Ok, so whats your point, fyi Boxing coaches dont really have to know the human body as well as you do, cos they are boxing coachesthey know how to condition an athlete, and have done very well without S&C guys for centuries, they know better then you when a guy is having problems then they look for someone who does know, this ain't rocket science.
Anyway we are talking about boxing not rocket science conditioning. A good boxing coach knows how to prepare a fighter, boxing and conditioning-wise.
Boxing coaches don't know how to condition an athlete properly. You do anything you'll get conditioned, it takes someone with knowledge to condition someone to a higher level and gain a competitive advantage, and that's where a strength and conditioning coach comes in. You think a boxing coach can do a better job at conditioning an athlete than someone who specialises in conditioning athletes? I thought the boxing coach was too busy giving to charities and being a saint
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #8
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 515
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

I dont respect anyone that talks shit about other people profesions be that lawyers,garbage men,chimney cleaners,boxing trainers or s&c trainers.
If you want respect you got to give respect,and i havent seen that yet,from MANY of them.

Last edited by pecho26; 12-21-2012 at 07:00 AM.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

boxing coaches don't know how to condition an athlete properly. i guess i have to take you by the hand, facts are, boxing coaches have done a terrific job for centuries, all good coaches since the 1700's have always brought in a conditioner to handle the conditioning. In fact if you check out all the fights ever fought, the vast majority were in shape ready to fight.
you do anything you'll get conditioned, it takes someone with knowledge to condition someone to a higher level and gain a competitive advantage, and that's where a strength and conditioning coach comes in. in some cases yes, if your fighter has special needs otherwise a good boxing coach and his team know how to prepare a fighter going from 3rds to 12rds no problem you think a boxing coach can do a better job at conditioning an athlete than someone who specialises in conditioning athletes? yes, for the most part, an s&c guy is not needed, s&c guys are for special needs fighters.
i thought the boxing coach was too busy giving to charities and being a saint
once a yapper always a yapper, and you actually think you are making points, now thats funny

just curious you seem to know alot about twitching muscles, does it make you a better fighter? By the way you talk if you do fight you must be a p4p guy, with all the modern science and technology to help you.

Last edited by dempsey1234; 12-21-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: LEFT OUT WORDS
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
boxing coaches don't know how to condition an athlete properly. i guess i have to take you by the hand, facts are, boxing coaches have done a terrific job for centuries, all good coaches since the 1700's have always brought in a conditioner to handle the conditioning. In fact if you check out all the fights ever fought, the vast majority were in shape ready to fight.
you do anything you'll get conditioned, it takes someone with knowledge to condition someone to a higher level and gain a competitive advantage, and that's where a strength and conditioning coach comes in. in some cases yes, if your fighter has special needs otherwise a good boxing coach and his team know how to prepare a fighter going from 3rds to 12rds no problem you think a boxing coach can do a better job at conditioning an athlete than someone who specialises in conditioning athletes? yes, for the most part, an s&c guy is not needed, s&c guys are for special needs fighters.
i thought the boxing coach was too busy giving to charities and being a saint
once a yapper always a yapper, and you actually think you are making points, now thats funny

just curious you seem to know alot about twitching muscles, does it make you a better fighter? By the way you talk if you do fight you must be a p4p guy, with all the modern science and technology to help you.
Can you learn how to quote please? Half the time I don't/can't read your shit. Luckily for me you're very repetitive and predictable.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
can you learn how to quote please? Half the time i don't/can't read your shit. Luckily for me you're very repetitive and predictable.
you're aways yapping about something, i will try harder to please you. M'lord
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #12
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

****ing shut up.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #13
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
****ing shut up.
Oh, OK
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #14
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 797
vCash: 742
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

i'm not reading all this stuff. however, the first couple sentences looked good. However, quickly looking at some of the other posts it looks like you might have been trying to setup the conversations for a more distasteful opinion. great job at getting your point across.
cheech is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
turpinr
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: lancashire
Posts: 4,849
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxing coaches deserve respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Boxing coaches deserve respect, they are there to teach boxing to young or old, amateur or pro, beginner or a guy looking to stay fit or to learn how to take care of themselves. They are there rain or shine, make little or no money. One of the things that is taught, is sportsmanship and respect, something missed by some posters who come on here. If you dont know the human body as they do, you are considered mentally deficient.
Maybe somebody should inform these know it all's, who wrote the book on modern science and technology, that a boxing coach teaches BOXING.
If they want to impress their girlfriends with their superior knowledge of the human body thats great they probably cant fight anyway.
I wonder what these guys think as they are being punched in the face "The oscillation of the framus, undermines the perpendicular core muscles of my glut's."
Boxing coaches have done a terrific job for centuries, for being so dumb and not understanding the human body. I wonder if all those HOF'rs, ATG's, champions of everyweight and size, knew that boxing coaches were so dumb.
Let me clue these know it all's, boxing has always been up to date with every technological advance's in conditioning. Boxing coaches are not as dumb as you think. Conditioning is not their forte, they know how to get a fighter ready to fight, conditioning is but ONE part of it.
I can tell you I think most people would rather sit around talking with a boxing coach then a boring lecture on the twitching of muscle fibers. If a fighter had a conditioning problems I would highly recommend an S&C guy, if the fighter is like most fighters their boxing coaches or the asst coach, takes good care of the conditioning. They actually win fights not knowing anything, I sometimes wonder how they cope with life not knowing the human body and all the modern science available to them.
thanks.
seriously though, i always respected the coaches from other clubs when i was fighting and my respect for them has grown over the years.when i did a coaching course in january the a lot of the other coaches had competed when i did.the camararderie on the course was unbelievable.
im proud to be a coach
turpinr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013