Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 351 47.95%
Disagree 381 52.05%
Voters: 732. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #6976
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
Anybody see PAC get ktfo by a 40 yr old lw?
Haha what a fraud!
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #6977
MrPR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontoon View Post
People were saying Mayweather was running scared from Mosley too until the fight was signed.

Don't cry, bro.
He had no choice but to fight Mosley . I dont give him credit for taking the fight with Shane . Around that time Berto/Mosley was cancelled , so he was forced to fight Shane , he was backed up into a corner . Either sign for a fight or let the media ripped him apart for a clear duck . Floyd never had any intentions to fight Sugar . The man does not like risky fights .
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #6978
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPR View Post
He had no choice but to fight Mosley . I dont give him credit for taking the fight with Shane . Around that time Berto/Mosley was cancelled , so he was forced to fight Shane , he was backed up into a corner . Either sign for a fight or let the media ripped him apart for a clear duck . Floyd never had any intentions to fight Sugar . The man does not like risky fights .
If I remember this fight Money beat Shane easily didnt he?
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #6979
boxsensei
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1408

No one from 147 down has a chance of beating Mayweather. People so desperately want him to lose, they want him to fight middleweights and shit lol.
boxsensei is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #6980
MrPR
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
If I remember this fight Money beat Shane easily didnt he?
You are correct . Despite the result , it doesnt change the fact Floyd did everything he could to prevent a fight with Shane . Saying he has "5 losses" and " i wish nothing but the best for Mosley and his career" . He clearly showed he didnt have no desire to fight Sugar .
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #6981
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsensei View Post
No one from 147 down has a chance of beating Mayweather. People so desperately want him to lose, they want him to fight middleweights and shit lol.
The mother ****er waits for the right opportunity.

When 147 was stacked, he retired like a bitch and lost HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF REVENUE.

That's a coward ass bitch move.

Did he fight Pacquaio after saying he would, No.

Did he fight Martinez after saying he would, No.

Did he fight Margarito after saying he would, No.

He won't fight Canelo either.

This mother ****er is a liar and fraud.

Why you wanna throw your money away? It's bullshit.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #6982
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He has not hidden the fact he fights for money nothing else I dont get folks a fighter looks out for himself and hes scared these guys bleed for the fans Im all for the best picking money fights.Mayweather went for years chasing the big names and no one wanted to fight him its a fact.With hard work and dedication he became #1 in all aspects of boxing,now who here is NOT going to look at this fight?
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #6983
boxsensei
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPR View Post
You are correct . Despite the result , it doesnt change the fact Floyd did everything he could to prevent a fight with Shane . Saying he has "5 losses" and " i wish nothing but the best for Mosley and his career" . He clearly showed he didnt have no desire to fight Sugar .

Actually Floyd did everything he could to get shane in the ring earlier in career before Floyd became star but Shane wanted nothing to do with Floyd. He didn't suddenly become interested in a fight until Mayweaher became the PPV king. How long have you been followng boxing kid??
Old 12-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #6984
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Cotto had a great chance to win and forced Mayweather to fight his best.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #6985
Borincano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Real fighters fight hard fights.

Pac and Marquez fought eachother and it was roughly 50/50 on who people thought would win.

Martinez and Chavez fought, and it was the same thing.

Ward and Dawson fought, people were split.

Donaire is going to fight Rigo, people will be split.

THE BEST ARE FIGHTING COMPETITIVE FIGHTS. FIGHTS THAT PEOPLE THINK THE OTHER GUY WILL WIN.

Shit, HOPKINS has been doing this for YEARS at the age of 50!!!

Yet, Floyd's bitch ass who talks all that shit, and is younger than Martinez is taking on the easiest fights that there are.

NOBODY in their right mind thought Marquez had a chance.

Mosley was given a puncher's chance, probably the best fight Mayweather has taken in years. He actually fought someone fans thought was acceptable.

Then his bitch ass fights Ortiz? WTF?

The he fights a used up, washed up, no stamina in the late rounds Cotto who can't beat any real 154 lb fighters, but ran to the weightclass so he could cherry pick small guys coming up.

And now GUERRERO?

YOU GOT TO BE ****IN kiddin me. DId anyone see Guerrero vs Aydin? That was a ****in terrible fight. Man, I almost had to turn the channel.

AYDIN is a primative, skilless fighter and gave Guerrero almost all he could handle.

Why does this ***** get away with this shit?

FIGHT CANELO, YOU BITCH.

You avoid Pacquaio and now roid Marquez knocked him out. You avoid Margarito and left the sport for 2 years and lost HUNDREDS of millions of dollars of revenue.

And now you're avoiding other challenges like the bitch you are.

STOP TALKIN THAT SHIT, and FIGHT SOMEONE that has a chance for once.

STop being scared.

That is all.

I thought there was talk of a potential fight with Canelo?
Borincano is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #6986
boxsensei
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The mother ****er waits for the right opportunity.

When 147 was stacked, he retired like a bitch and lost HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF REVENUE.

That's a coward ass bitch move.

Did he fight Pacquaio after saying he would, No.

Did he fight Martinez after saying he would, No.

Did he fight Margarito after saying he would, No.

He won't fight Canelo either.

This mother ****er is a liar and fraud.

The 154v lbDLH, mayweather fought was better than anyone else at 147.

Pacquaio turned down 40million to keep on making 6 to 8 million.

Martinez is the MW champ.

He agreed to fight Maragrito, but Arum also wanted him to fight sign and extension and fight cotto and hatton for chump change. Who wanted to see him fight a cheating, slow, plodding, overrated, disgraced, non HOF human pinata like Marg anyway? That does nothing for his legacy.

Why you wanna throw your money away? It's bullshit.
The 154v lbDLH, mayweather fought was better than anyone else at 147.

Pacquaio turned down 40million to keep on making 6 to 8 million.

Martinez is the MW champ.

He agreed to fight Maragrito, but Arum also wanted him to fight sign and extension and fight cotto and hatton for chump change. Who wanted to see him fight a cheating, slow, plodding, overrated, disgraced, non HOF human pinata like Marg anyway? That does nothing for his legacy.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #6987
COLD-HARD-TRUTH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mayweather has consistently proven he is only willing to fight guys that are past their prime or too green to give him a real challenge. I think the riskiest fight he took since he fought Castillo was Cotto and I actually gained a little respect for him with that performance... but any of you guys who think he's gonna fight a big junior middleweight like Canelo or even Martinez are completely delusional. The only guys I see him fighting are Guerrero and maybe Bradley .... possibly Pacquiao now that he's been KTFO and his stock has fallen so he'll have to take short money to fight Floyd and he's damaged goods
COLD-HARD-TRUTH is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #6988
Flyers2001
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacity View Post
I agree in principle, minus all the hyperbole.

Floyd Mayweather Jr fighting Victor Ortiz was a ****ing joke, now if he goes ahead and fights Guerrero it is laughable.

I completely agree about the Aydin fight, Guerrero struggled badly near the end and has no business fighting Mayweather, none.
Why is a Guerrero fight laughable? The guy is 31-1-1. He has a 17 fight unbeaten streak. He has come up to WW and scored wins against 2 top 10 ww fighters for the interim WBC title. He has now earned his way to become Floyds mandatory.

This theory he is a lightweight stuff needs to stop. He moved up in weight, just as Floyd, Pac and many other fighters do. he is now a legit WW.

You point out he struggled with Aydin, well so what Aydin is not a bad fighter and it was his first fight back after a long layoff at a new weight. Obviously he came back stronger/bigger looking against a flawed Berto and handled his business.

He faught Vicotr Ortiz who was coming off a huge win against Berto. Floyd was suppose to fight Berto, but he lost. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because guys like you would have bitched if it was Berto he was fighting.

Any argument you throw at me, I'll crush you. I live in reality while buttfuxs like you don't know shit about boxing.
Flyers2001 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #6989
C.J.
Boxings Own Living Legend
ESB Addict

Quote:
Real fighters fight hard fights.

Pac and Marquez fought eachother and it was roughly 50/50 on who people thought would win.

Martinez and Chavez fought, and it was the same thing.

Ward and Dawson fought, people were split.

Donaire is going to fight Rigo, people will be split.

THE BEST ARE FIGHTING COMPETITIVE FIGHTS. FIGHTS THAT PEOPLE THINK THE OTHER GUY WILL WIN.

Shit, HOPKINS has been doing this for YEARS at the age of 50!!!

Yet, Floyd's bitch ass who talks all that shit, and is younger than Martinez is taking on the easiest fights that there are.

NOBODY in their right mind thought Marquez had a chance.

Mosley was given a puncher's chance, probably the best fight Mayweather has taken in years. He actually fought someone fans thought was acceptable.

Then his bitch ass fights Ortiz? WTF?

The he fights a used up, washed up, no stamina in the late rounds Cotto who can't beat any real 154 lb fighters, but ran to the weightclass so he could cherry pick small guys coming up.

And now GUERRERO?

YOU GOT TO BE ****IN kiddin me. DId anyone see Guerrero vs Aydin? That was a ****in terrible fight. Man, I almost had to turn the channel.

AYDIN is a primative, skilless fighter and gave Guerrero almost all he could handle.

Why does this ***** get away with this shit?

FIGHT CANELO, YOU BITCH.

You avoid Pacquaio and now roid Marquez knocked him out. You avoid Margarito and left the sport for 2 years and lost HUNDREDS of millions of dollars of revenue.

And now you're avoiding other challenges like the bitch you are.

STOP TALKIN THAT SHIT, and FIGHT SOMEONE that has a chance for once.

STop being scared.

That is all.
Good post my friend. Only thing I disagree with really is I hope The Ghost has the fight of his life & beats the crap out of Punk Mayweather the woman beating coward
C.J. is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #6990
Flyers2001
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD-HARD-TRUTH View Post
Mayweather has consistently proven he is only willing to fight guys that are past their prime or too green to give him a real challenge. I think the riskiest fight he took since he fought Castillo was Cotto and I actually gained a little respect for him with that performance... but any of you guys who think he's gonna fight a big junior middleweight like Canelo or even Martinez are completely delusional. The only guys I see him fighting are Guerrero and maybe Bradley .... possibly Pacquiao now that he's been KTFO and his stock has fallen so he'll have to take short money to fight Floyd and he's damaged goods
Cotto/Arum should have come to the table when they were sitting ringside as Floyd demolished Gatti, but Arum said Cotto was ready at that time.

Mosley should have fought Floyd back in 2006 after Vargas, but his toothache got in the way.

Of course Martinez will try to come to 154 to take on a smaller fighter. Martinez likes calling out small guys, but you don't hear Martinez saying he will fight anywhere north of 160 against Ward when that was introduced.

Martinez would tower Floyd and Pac in size. Both of them are natural 147 lbs and Martinez would be a huge JMW.

Let's not be to hypocritical here.
Flyers2001 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum