boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao - do you even care?
Yes. 216 81.51%
No. 17 6.42%
I used to. 32 12.08%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #44566
Flyers2001
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 696
vCash: 587
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacity View Post
I agree in principle, minus all the hyperbole.

Floyd Mayweather Jr fighting Victor Ortiz was a ****ing joke, now if he goes ahead and fights Guerrero it is laughable.

I completely agree about the Aydin fight, Guerrero struggled badly near the end and has no business fighting Mayweather, none.
Why is a Guerrero fight laughable? The guy is 31-1-1. He has a 17 fight unbeaten streak. He has come up to WW and scored wins against 2 top 10 ww fighters for the interim WBC title. He has now earned his way to become Floyds mandatory.

This theory he is a lightweight stuff needs to stop. He moved up in weight, just as Floyd, Pac and many other fighters do. he is now a legit WW.

You point out he struggled with Aydin, well so what Aydin is not a bad fighter and it was his first fight back after a long layoff at a new weight. Obviously he came back stronger/bigger looking against a flawed Berto and handled his business.

He faught Vicotr Ortiz who was coming off a huge win against Berto. Floyd was suppose to fight Berto, but he lost. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because guys like you would have *****ed if it was Berto he was fighting.

Any argument you throw at me, I'll crush you. I live in reality while buttfuxs like you don't know **** about boxing.
Flyers2001 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #44567
C.J.
Boxings Living Legend
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 7,856
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Real fighters fight hard fights.

Pac and Marquez fought eachother and it was roughly 50/50 on who people thought would win.

Martinez and Chavez fought, and it was the same thing.

Ward and Dawson fought, people were split.

Donaire is going to fight Rigo, people will be split.

THE BEST ARE FIGHTING COMPETITIVE FIGHTS. FIGHTS THAT PEOPLE THINK THE OTHER GUY WILL WIN.

****, HOPKINS has been doing this for YEARS at the age of 50!!!

Yet, Floyd's ***** ass who talks all that ****, and is younger than Martinez is taking on the easiest fights that there are.

NOBODY in their right mind thought Marquez had a chance.

Mosley was given a puncher's chance, probably the best fight Mayweather has taken in years. He actually fought someone fans thought was acceptable.

Then his ***** ass fights Ortiz? WTF?


The he fights a used up, washed up, no stamina in the late rounds Cotto who can't beat any real 154 lb fighters, but ran to the weightclass so he could cherry pick small guys coming up.

And now GUERRERO?

YOU GOT TO BE ****IN kiddin me. DId anyone see Guerrero vs Aydin? That was a ****in terrible fight. Man, I almost had to turn the channel.

AYDIN is a primative, skilless fighter and gave Guerrero almost all he could handle.

Why does this ***** get away with this ****?

FIGHT CANELO, YOU *****.

You avoid Pacquaio and now roid Marquez knocked him out. You avoid Margarito and left the sport for 2 years and lost HUNDREDS of millions of dollars of revenue.

And now you're avoiding other challenges like the ***** you are.

STOP TALKIN THAT ****, and FIGHT SOMEONE that has a chance for once.

STop being scared.

That is all.
Good post my friend. Only thing I disagree with really is I hope The Ghost has the fight of his life & beats the **** out of Punk Mayweather the woman beating coward
C.J. is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #44568
Flyers2001
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 696
vCash: 587
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD-HARD-TRUTH View Post
Mayweather has consistently proven he is only willing to fight guys that are past their prime or too green to give him a real challenge. I think the riskiest fight he took since he fought Castillo was Cotto and I actually gained a little respect for him with that performance... but any of you guys who think he's gonna fight a big junior middleweight like Canelo or even Martinez are completely delusional. The only guys I see him fighting are Guerrero and maybe Bradley .... possibly Pacquiao now that he's been KTFO and his stock has fallen so he'll have to take short money to fight Floyd and he's damaged goods
Cotto/Arum should have come to the table when they were sitting ringside as Floyd demolished Gatti, but Arum said Cotto was ready at that time.

Mosley should have fought Floyd back in 2006 after Vargas, but his toothache got in the way.

Of course Martinez will try to come to 154 to take on a smaller fighter. Martinez likes calling out small guys, but you don't hear Martinez saying he will fight anywhere north of 160 against Ward when that was introduced.

Martinez would tower Floyd and Pac in size. Both of them are natural 147 lbs and Martinez would be a huge JMW.

Let's not be to hypocritical here.
Flyers2001 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #44569
C.J.
Boxings Living Legend
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 7,856
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
Why is a Guerrero fight laughable? The guy is 31-1-1. He has a 17 fight unbeaten streak. He has come up to WW and scored wins against 2 top 10 ww fighters for the interim WBC title. He has now earned his way to become Floyds mandatory.

This theory he is a lightweight stuff needs to stop. He moved up in weight, just as Floyd, Pac and many other fighters do. he is now a legit WW.

You point out he struggled with Aydin, well so what Aydin is not a bad fighter and it was his first fight back after a long layoff at a new weight. Obviously he came back stronger/bigger looking against a flawed Berto and handled his business.

He faught Vicotr Ortiz who was coming off a huge win against Berto. Floyd was suppose to fight Berto, but he lost. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because guys like you would have *****ed if it was Berto he was fighting.

Any argument you throw at me, I'll crush you. I live in reality while buttfuxs like you don't know **** about boxing.
If you think reality is you think Mayweather is a real champion then in my opinion you are the buttfux , whatever that is, that dont know **** about boxing
C.J. is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #44570
boxsensei
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: H-Town
Posts: 3,836
vCash: 1408
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Everybody is a hard fight until they get schooled, suddenly they become a cherry pick.

If he fought Martinez and won, people would say there he goes cherry picking an old fighter.

If he fought Pac and won, people would saym he's pikcing on a littel guy who got KOed by Marquez.

Why can't floyd haters just admit they would never give Mayweather credit no matter who he fought.
boxsensei is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #44571
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: STL
Posts: 4,421
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsensei View Post
Everybody is a hard fight until they get schooled, suddenly they become a cherry pick.

If he fought Martinez and won, people would say there he goes cherry picking an old fighter.

If he fought Pac and won, people would saym he's pikcing on a littel guy who got KOed by Marquez.

Why can't floyd haters just admit they would never give Mayweather credit no matter who he fought.
They have no *****.
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #44572
C.J.
Boxings Living Legend
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 7,856
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsensei View Post
The 154v lbDLH, mayweather fought was better than anyone else at 147.

Pacquaio turned down 40million to keep on making 6 to 8 million.

Martinez is the MW champ.

He agreed to fight Maragrito, but Arum also wanted him to fight sign and extension and fight cotto and hatton for chump change. Who wanted to see him fight a cheating, slow, plodding, overrated, disgraced, non HOF human pinata like Marg anyway? That does nothing for his legacy.
Mayweather NEVER EVER even considered fighting Margarito
Punk Mayweather turned down $8 mil cuse he was scared ****less of Margarito. So was DLH who made the mistake of thinking Paquaio would be easier $$$$ Damn that was a great night when Paquaio kicked Oscars ass
C.J. is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #44573
C.J.
Boxings Living Legend
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 7,856
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsensei View Post
Everybody is a hard fight until they get schooled, suddenly they become a cherry pick.

If he fought Martinez and won, people would say there he goes cherry picking an old fighter.

If he fought Pac and won, people would saym he's pikcing on a littel guy who got KOed by Marquez.

Why can't floyd haters just admit they would never give Mayweather credit no matter who he fought.
When he fights the best then maybe he'd earn credit. As it is now he's just a cowardly woman beating punk
C.J. is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #44574
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: STL
Posts: 4,421
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Margarito who lost to P Will,Shane,Pac man and Cotto he was scared ****less, you raelly think this?
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #44575
C.J.
Boxings Living Legend
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 7,856
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
They have no *****.
Oh no I'm afraid its Mayweather & his *****s that have no *****
C.J. is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #44576
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: STL
Posts: 4,421
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Not a ***** a true boxing fan.
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #44577
boxsensei
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: H-Town
Posts: 3,836
vCash: 1408
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
Mayweather NEVER EVER even considered fighting Margarito
Punk Mayweather turned down $8 mil cuse he was scared ****less of Margarito. So was DLH who made the mistake of thinking Paquaio would be easier $$$$ Damn that was a great night when Paquaio kicked Oscars ass
"Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.
Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.
"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Can you read kid?? Mayweather had no problem with the bum Marg, but Arum wanted to lock him into a long contract with low guarantees and even told him that 20million for DLH was ridiculous. We all know how that turned out. He made 32 mill guranteed for Cotto. Do you see know how wrong you are and how Arum and his shady business practices screw up fights??
boxsensei is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #44578
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: STL
Posts: 4,421
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsensei View Post
"Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.
Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.
"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Can you read kid?? Mayweather had no problem with the bum Marg, but Arum wanted to lock him into a long contract with low guarantees and even told him that 20million for DLH was ridiculous. We all know how that turned out. He made 32 mill guranteed for Cotto. Do you see know how wrong you are and how Arum and his shady business practices screw up fights??
You have it there in black and white but someone will come with more bull**** .
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #44579
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsensei View Post
"Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.
Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.
"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Can you read kid?? Mayweather had no problem with the bum Marg, but Arum wanted to lock him into a long contract with low guarantees and even told him that 20million for DLH was ridiculous. We all know how that turned out. He made 32 mill guranteed for Cotto. Do you see know how wrong you are and how Arum and his shady business practices screw up fights??
There is always an excuse with Mayweather.

Everytime.

Tired of it.
ROACH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #44580
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,480
vCash: 1266
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontoon View Post
People were saying Mayweather was running scared from Mosley too until the fight was signed.

Don't cry, bro.


[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29jHcc07-hY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29jHcc07-hY[/ame]
Overhill is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015