boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-21-2012, 03:23 AM   #436
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Depends what the sticking point on your deadlift is mate.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 03:33 AM   #437
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Did deadlifts using the rack pull/car lift machine today. So much easier to go heavy but I'm wondering if it'll help me get my deads up?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You're not having to stabilise anything, there's a reason why it's so much easier to go heavy. There'll be some transfer but you're better off just actually deadlifting.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #438
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Did deadlifts using the rack pull/car lift machine today. So much easier to go heavy but I'm wondering if it'll help me get my deads up?

As Jdsm said, depends where you're having issues with deads. I'd suggest doing them in a power cage, though over that machine.

Are you having trouble off the ground or lockout?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #439
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

Just to be clear I used the bottom of the machine not the upper rack pull part but the sticking part for me with real deads is the bottom. I had 190kg on lock then one day doing 200kg my back went, now I've got such a mental issue with them. I need to strengthen my lower back for sure, I took a pic yesterday and my upper back is decently muscled but my lower back just looks weak.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #440
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Just to be clear I used the bottom of the machine not the upper rack pull part but the sticking part for me is the bottom. I had 190kg on lock then one day doing 200kg my back went, now I've got such a mental issue with them. I need to strengthen my lower back for sure, I took a pic yesterday and my upper back is decently muscled but my lower back just looks weak.
Good mornings = incredibly strong back.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #441
cutthroat22

Do they mainly concentrate on lower back? I've never looked into them tbh. Reckon my lower back will take better shape when cutting? My back arches in a fair bit, always wondered if it effects my deads.

(Sorry for the pic, feel I should no ****)

Old 12-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #442
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Do they mainly concentrate on lower back? I've never looked into them tbh. Reckon my lower back will take better shape when cutting? My back arches in a fair bit, always wondered if it effects my deads.

(Sorry for the pic, feel I should no ****)

Of course. If your back aches something is wrong with your body. Muscle imbalances, flexibility, mobility, injury, they all affect your lifts to different degrees.

It may just be the way your tensing but it looks like you have some scoliosis kicking in.

Good mornings are by far the best lower back exercise you can do. It's tough to find a decent instruction video as every one I've seen doing them explains them wrong. You basically start in the same stance as a squat with the bar on your back, squat down and lean forwards until your in the starting position of a deadlift then stand back up. Start light and keep the reps relatively low at first, you **** up this lift with too much weight or fatigue and you'll most likely **** yourself up.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #443
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Just to be clear I used the bottom of the machine not the upper rack pull part but the sticking part for me with real deads is the bottom. I had 190kg on lock then one day doing 200kg my back went, now I've got such a mental issue with them. I need to strengthen my lower back for sure, I took a pic yesterday and my upper back is decently muscled but my lower back just looks weak.
Just try superman's basically the reverse of a sit up! Hyperextensions (Back Extensions) are very good as well!

Both should help to build up your lower back and also there is good mornings (Personally don't like good mornings)
Opti is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #444
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Cut, search for 'Bret Contreras - Anterior Pelivic Tilt', may be of use mate.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #445
cutthroat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Of course. If your back aches something is wrong with your body. Muscle imbalances, flexibility, mobility, injury, they all affect your lifts to different degrees.

It may just be the way your tensing but it looks like you have some scoliosis kicking in.

Good mornings are by far the best lower back exercise you can do. It's tough to find a decent instruction video as every one I've seen doing them explains them wrong. You basically start in the same stance as a squat with the bar on your back, squat down and lean forwards until your in the starting position of a deadlift then stand back up. Start light and keep the reps relatively low at first, you **** up this lift with too much weight or fatigue and you'll most likely **** yourself up.
Yea I'm 100% sure I have scoliosis, it's always been that way though so its not due to working out, never bothered to get it checked though.
I tend to keep most back exercises pretty light now through fear of injuring it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opti View Post
Just try superman's basically the reverse of a sit up! Hyperextensions (Back Extensions) are very good as well!

Both should help to build up your lower back and also there is good mornings (Personally don't like good mornings)
Yea those are great actually, need to add them back in.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #446
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Does your gym have a reverse hyper? Also great for lower back.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #447
cutthroat22

Nah it doesn't virus. I'll give the good mornings a try, always thought they looked so awkward.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #448
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Buy a thick foam pad and try barbell hip thrusts. Weak glutes cause a lot of lower back problems. Will improve your deadlift lock out too.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #449
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Nah it doesn't virus. I'll give the good mornings a try, always thought they looked so awkward.
It's not that difficult really. The main thing most people do wrong is standing with their feet too close together and going too low. It's basically a quarter squat with a forward lean.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #450
cutthroat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Buy a thick foam pad and try barbell hip thrusts. Weak glutes cause a lot of lower back problems. Will improve your deadlift lock out too.
I don't think my gluten are weak, I think the opposite, I'm convinced the shape of my back is the reason for the back pain. I might get my back looked at I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
It's not that difficult really. The main thing most people do wrong is standing with their feet too close together and going too low. It's basically a quarter squat with a forward lean.

Any good YouTube links mate?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing