Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 350 47.88%
Disagree 381 52.12%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #7036
richie leon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is Mayweather scared to fight someone with a chance to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
DLH was shot to shit , lost 2 of his last 4 coming in, and ends up losing 4 of his last 7

Hatton was making his 2nd fight at 147 and in his first got his ass kicked by Collazo , shit fight. Hatton a life time 1-1 welterweight

Zab - coming off a ****ing LOSS...really?

SSM - 38 years old and floyd gives him a loss mixed in with his final 7 fights of 2 wins 4 losses and a draw. amazing

Cotto - never had a chance, floyd was a 6-1 favorite over a guy with a belt... its a win...far from a great win...cotto beating him would be a great win
De la Hoya was not that old at 34 and those 2 out of 4 losses were to Mosley which most ppl thought he won and to Hopkins who was way too big for him. Also, Oscar probably outweighed him by about 15 pounds in fight night.

Hatton was a small WW but so was Floyd, and again he was probably the lighter man in the ring that night (Hatton was known for entering the ring @155+ even for JWW fights). Regardless of the weight situation, he KO'd a 43-0, p4p top-10 fighter in his prime.

Judah, while i know this may sound ridiculous and haters are gonna jump on this, was probably more dangerous for having lost his last fight. And while Judah was never a great, elite fighter it was still an impressive win by Floyd because of the versatility and adaptibility he showed that night.

Mosley, yes he was pretty old but it's easy to talk about what Mosley did after the Mayweather fight. Before the fight he was coming off one of the best wins of his career and was rated in the top 5 p4p, if Floyd hadn't fought him when he did everybody would have been on his ass for ducking the great Sugar Shane.

Cotto beating him would be great but him beating Cotto is basically normal, right? Kind of says it all as far as how highly you and everybody else really think of Floyd as a fighter.
richie leon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #7037
Flyers2001
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
3 guys Floyd ripped when asked why he wouldnt fight them Cotto (when he was undefeated not a few ass kickings later) Margarito when he was the #1 ranked welterweight (fought baldomir with 9 losses) and finally Pac. you can also throw in SSM he wanted no part of until he was finally old enough to be considered safe.
floyd says, "who have they beat? hes not a PPV fighter. no one knows who that is. come back when you beat someone"

now we have Rober Guererro. I dont think he qualifies as an answer to any of the above questions from floyds mouth. oh wait...maybe, just maybe being the "Ring 2012 fighter of the year" oh...that muct be it
Dude you have to get some dates straight. Floyd wanted to fight Cotto right after he demolished Gatti. Arum and Cotto were sitting ringside but they said he wasn't ready. He should have been ready he was entering the prime of his career and had a couple big victories against Chop chop and Bailey.

Back in late 2006 when Mosley was coming off the back to back Vargas victories Floyd was calling for a shot. Mosley said he had some tooth/mouth issues. It was only after Floyd became the money guy did Mosley come calling. Floyd chased Mosley and De La Hoya for a fight for years. Even when Floyd fought Mosley, the picks were close to even. Mosley coming off of the huge Margarito win. You know because Margarito is this "beast" and all.

When Floyd passed on Marg to fight Baldomir it was because he had 2 titles and was the recognized WW champion after beating Judah. Floyd can either fight Carlos or Antonio for the same dime. One involves Marg who would be the tougher fight and Arum or he can go with Baldomir, get the titles, make the same money and not have to deal with Arum.
Flyers2001 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #7038
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default For all people that think Mayweather will fight Guerrero in May and Canelo in Sept

I need you to go on record saying, you will suck my dick if Floyd doesn't fight Canelo in September.

In fact, I'll give you all YEAR. Now, I'm not gay, I don't really want you to suck my dick, but you got to be willing to suck dick if you are already suckin dick anyway.

Now, if Mayweather does fight him, you ain't suckin dick. Nothing to be worried about.

So please put your balls with your word and click the box.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #7039
Sunchild78
Belt holder
ESB Addict

People are just mad, because Floyd still remains on top of his game.
Sunchild78 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #7040
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: For all people that think Mayweather will fight Guerrero in May and Canelo in Sep

Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #7041
thatguy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: For all people that think Mayweather will fight Guerrero in May and Canelo in Sep

Another thread?
Can someone just shine a light at this ****in roach?
thatguy is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #7042
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post

That's the argument though right? That's justification for the Guerrero fight, right?

I mean, nobody in their right mind would be cool with Floyd fighting only Guerrero in 2013, would they?

But if it was Canelo...okay...alright. I can deal with that cuz I know Floyd is only gonna fight once anyway.

But that's ****in argument.

So people gotta be willing to DIE by their word.

Until then, they scared bitches.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #7043
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
Another thread?
Can someone just shine a light at this ****in roach?

Vote then. You real confident right.

You think your boy is not a liar right?

You go with every word he says, right?

So ****in MAN THE **** UP and vote.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #7044
thatguy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Guy wants head from men and says he aint gay
In his mind your only gay if you **** back
thatguy is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #7045
richie leon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Man up, huh? Sorry, i'm not satisfying your gay fantasies, no way, no how.
richie leon is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #7046
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
Guy wants head from men and says he aint gay
In his mind your only gay if you **** back
Hey man, what you scared of?

I mean shit...

You said it yourself Floyd is gonna fight canelo in Sept, right?

So why the **** you scared.

Go with what your boy said.

Don't be ****in scared. Or just say....**** IT...I love GUERRERO.

Admit that shit atl east.

Or ****in check the mother ****in box.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #7047
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins View Post
Floyd is more of a businessman than a warrior. His brand (himself) would not be nearly as valuable with a loss on his record so he does everything he can to tilt the scales in his favor to stay undefeated. I hear you Roach, but what can we do? He is really not worth worrying about. Just don't buy his fights and focus on the fights and fighters that you really want to see. There is a lot more to boxing than Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Floyd is an American David Haye
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #7048
thatguy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Vote then. You real confident right.

You think your boy is not a liar right?

You go with every word he says, right?

So ****in MAN THE **** UP and vote.
I could care less who he is fighting
He is a living legend and I plan on watching the remaining few fights he has left
thatguy is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #7049
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie leon View Post
Man up, huh? Sorry, i'm not satisfying your gay fantasies, no way, no how.
Look man, I don't want you to suck my dick.

You know what Im' sayin?

But the thing is, you put all your faith into FLoyd, but you know the mother ****er ain't gonna do shit.

So there is no way in YOUR LIFE you would ever guarantee yourself to some shit like this.

Cuz you know as well as I know that Floyd is only gonna fight Guerrero in 2013.

If not, man up, and ****in check the box.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #7050
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
That's the argument though right? That's justification for the Guerrero fight, right?

I mean, nobody in their right mind would be cool with Floyd fighting only Guerrero in 2013, would they?

But if it was Canelo...okay...alright. I can deal with that cuz I know Floyd is only gonna fight once anyway.

But that's ****in argument.

So people gotta be willing to DIE by their word.

Until then, they scared bitches.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Divi253 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum