Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 600
Default Re: German Speakers : How badly screwed is Boytsov?

OK, from what I understand, Kluch wanted Boystov to be active, even if it meant taking less money to get him into bigger fights.

But Boystov, bwo his mgr, refused to take fights for less than what his contract guaranteed. Risky fights for short money were out of the question.

To him, he was the star. The cash cow, and if it meant sitting rather than fighting for less than his guarantee, he'd sit.

Now, he's injured, AGAIN, and isn't able to fight.

Seems Kluch was banking on Boystov getting a title shot by now, and using Boystov to pull him up.

It was Boystov who refused to fight Rodriguez in 08/09. That fight was all but made, and Denis himself, refused. Multiple times, GBP and Universum tried to get Denis onto high profile UCs vs top 100 HWs. Boystov wanted to be nothing less than the co main.

What Kluch seemd to want was for Denis to take 3-5 30-50K fights staying active in the top 100 and building a reputation, while Denis wanted all his fights to pay him huge money, as if he were champion already.

I don't know the exact figure, but Im fairly certain Denis made close to the same money for Greer as he made for a much better fight vs Guinn.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #17
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
OK, from what I understand, Kluch wanted Boystov to be active, even if it meant taking less money to get him into bigger fights.

But Boystov, bwo his mgr, refused to take fights for less than what his contract guaranteed. Risky fights for short money were out of the question.

To him, he was the star. The cash cow, and if it meant sitting rather than fighting for less than his guarantee, he'd sit.

Now, he's injured, AGAIN, and isn't able to fight.

Seems Kluch was banking on Boystov getting a title shot by now, and using Boystov to pull him up.

It was Boystov who refused to fight Rodriguez in 08/09. That fight was all but made, and Denis himself, refused. Multiple times, GBP and Universum tried to get Denis onto high profile UCs vs top 100 HWs. Boystov wanted to be nothing less than the co main.

What Kluch seemd to want was for Denis to take 3-5 30-50K fights staying active in the top 100 and building a reputation, while Denis wanted all his fights to pay him huge money, as if he were champion already.

I don't know the exact figure, but Im fairly certain Denis made close to the same money for Greer as he made for a much better fight vs Guinn.
Evidently you understand very little considering that Kluch didn't own Universum or work with Boytsov a couple years ago. Seems like you're just making unsubstantiated outlandish claims and going out of your way to bash Boytsov.

Your input is always valued though Chi
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #18
John Galt
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

edit

Last edited by John Galt; 03-27-2014 at 11:14 PM.
John Galt is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

some friends, who live in hamburg told me that boytsov is always partying in russian clubs and he is always drunk. so i think we can forget this mother****er
Mordechai is online now  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #20
Sugar Nick
He's A Good Boy
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Maybe these fighters will stop signing with the Russian mob over there.

And we all knew Boytsov was a bum.

Party boy eh? He's the Gold Donkey.
Sugar Nick is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #21
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Evidently you understand very little considering that Kluch didn't own Universum or work with Boytsov a couple years ago. Seems like you're just making unsubstantiated outlandish claims and going out of your way to bash Boytsov.

Your input is always valued though Chi
What I get from Kluch's statements about it is that he felt like he could pull Universum out of financial trouble by keeping his big named fighters active, even if it meant taking lower paying fights.

And that Boystov would not fight for shorter money even if he was fighting lesser guys.

It could be a major reason why Denis hasnt been as active as we'd like him to have been.

No one seems to know the specifics, but for instance.....

Seems Denis was moving along nicely in his return but wanted big money to continue fighting lower ranked fighters.

Universum had little trouble getting quality guys in there for his fighters. Kluch has worked well with dozens of quality journeymen and contenders in the past. And he was trying to stage an in house fight between Boystov and Chagaev.

BUT? Who does he pay in that fight? Does he give Chagaev the bigger split, or the star, Denis the bigger slice? My GUESS is Denis needed more money for that fight. Chagaev was probably willing to fight for 50% of his normal price, but even then, if he typically got 80K for a fight and was willing to go in for say 40K, would Denis relent off his 100K and take 70K to make the huge fight?

IDK the whole of it, but Kluch seems to have genuinely tried to make the company solvent again. Even though the fights seemed to have been staged in HS gyms, he was still putting quality guys to work. And he was banking on Denis being a part of his rehab of the company.

Just from my perspective anyways.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #22
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Boytsov has the skill, but perhaps not the desire, motivation or management team.
JohnH is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum