Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #31
mightyd40
Spartan
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would Aaron Pryor do in today's Junior Welterweight Division?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Good post.

Gave me a good laugh.
haha i was about to respond to u with an argument, i almost skipped the good laugh part
mightyd40 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #32
Bad_Intentions
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
Ricky Hatton beats Aaron Pyor. Whats you see is what you get with Pryor, which is a whole lot of aggression and workrate and a decent dig, but not an intelligent boxing brain. I see Pryor knocking Rees out easy, having a war with Torres before TKOing him late, and over powering and out working Junior Witter over 12. Hatton is above the other title holders at 140. He can fight going forward, but can box on the back foot and use ring smarts aswel. Thats is what will get the better of Hawk.

Ricky Hatton UD Aaron Pryor.
If you expect people to take you serious with that comment then i shed pity on you my dear child.
Bad_Intentions is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2008, 09:33 AM   #33
MGUNZ48
MGunz
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
Hatton is tough he can take a punch, he walked into a PBF hook but he also took solid straight rights from Kostya Tszyu, who hit extremely hard, arguably a lot harder than Floyd Mayweather...
The hook that Hatton was hit with was what we call a "check hook" its a hook thrown going slightly backwards, and to your left. Its main purpose is throw off the timing of an incoming rushing fighter, while you slip to your left. Your body is not in the right position to maximize the power of a left hook. It dropped Hatton in my opinion for several reasons, first he had his hands down (like always), and it hit him right on the button. Secondly he never saw it coming. Thirdly he was tired. Look at Floyds face when Hatton hit the deck, he was as surprized as anyone. If you watch the film you also notice that Hattons head was very twisted from the impact. That is the beauty of a shot on the chin. It may not be as hard as a straight right coming down the middle, but a hook coming left to right twists your neck, and throws you balance off. Thats why Hatton feel back down really on his own. How do I know all this? I have been hit with about a 1000 check hooks. Haha. To me Pryor was just on another level at 140. I think maybe the best ever. I do Love Ricky Hatton. If he would just keep his hands up, move his head when he punches, and let his hands go on the inside he would be 100% better.
MGUNZ48 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2008, 09:55 AM   #34
richie leon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I would really have loved a fight between Pryor and the 140-pound version of Mayweather, 2 of my favourite things to watch. Pryor is one of the very few fighters in history who could have forced PBF to work and throw punches from the first bell to the last. But PBF's own workrate in his JWW fights was pretty good, he put a lot of combo's together at that weight.
That in addition to his underappreciated mental toughness and the fact that Pryor's overly aggressive and often wide-open style would have likely led him to be hit by, say, about 30 or 40 punches a round by Mayweather, would IMO have been enough for Mayweather to win a decision. But he would have had to go through hell to get it.
richie leon is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #35
MrSmall
Journeyman

Probably clean up.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #36
pryorgatti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

...move up and clean 147 division also.
pryorgatti is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #37
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie leon
I would really have loved a fight between Pryor and the 140-pound version of Mayweather, 2 of my favourite things to watch. Pryor is one of the very few fighters in history who could have forced PBF to work and throw punches from the first bell to the last. But PBF's own workrate in his JWW fights was pretty good, he put a lot of combo's together at that weight.
That in addition to his underappreciated mental toughness and the fact that Pryor's overly aggressive and often wide-open style would have likely led him to be hit by, say, about 30 or 40 punches a round by Mayweather, would IMO have been enough for Mayweather to win a decision. But he would have had to go through hell to get it.
You obviously don't know jack about a man who was one of your favorites to watch. Pryor would've handled Mayweather, and his defense and accuracy was quite underrated. He'd hit Floyd with shots from all angles, similar to how a guy like Griffin was hitting Roy, except with a much higher workrate.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum