Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #16
det
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bareknuckle fight

As already said he'll gas out then just nail him. Let us know how u get on!
det is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #17
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

bring a tyre iron
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
Martinm778
Mcginley

vCash: 500

Thanks for all the replies lads, I've been working a lot more on technique and conditioning lately and I've been pushing myself a lot harder than normal in training. I'll bear in mind all your advice and work on the liver shot and other effective body shots. I've seen Bas Rutten on youtube demonstrating the liver shot and this might just be my new favourite punch haha. And as for the tyre iron I'll leave that for extreme emergencies, at the moment I'll be happy to fight with my hands.
Martinm778 is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #19
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

is this a pikey fight ?
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #20
freddieMaize
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1002

If one is killed then the other goes to prison. People should not even suggest the thread opener.

For god sake, this is "Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing" section. Not even MMA forum.
freddieMaize is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #21
RichC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm778 View Post
Ok so i'm fighting this guy in a few weeks in a bareknuckle fight. I am 5'9 170lbs , he outweighs me by 60 pounds and is at least 4-5 inches taller. He is a typical streetfighter with no punching technique, he swings wild hooks and that is his only choice of punches. His idea of getting fit for a fight is to jog on a treadmill for 20 minutes a day and to "bench press heavier to make the punches faster and stronger". I am no Muhammed Ali myself but I've been in boxing a few months now and i'm sure i can beat him on technique and i will also be fitter, i'm doing bagwork groundwork skipping and roadwork 5 days a week. What would your advice be ? Should i use body punches to beat him ? And there will be two referees for the fight so it will be strictly punching only.
Silly idea.

60 lbs is way too much of a size difference. The average 230 lbs guy hits hard and will probably have no major issues with your power.

A few months of boxing training isn't going to be that beneficial - watch any first time boxer Youtube.
RichC is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #22
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddieMaize View Post
If one is killed then the other goes to prison. People should not even suggest the thread opener.

For god sake, this is "Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing" section. Not even MMA forum.
This.

I'm surprised you guys are giving help to this wannabe.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #23
dayuum
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
This.

I'm surprised you guys are giving help to this wannabe.
Agreed, this sounds really dangerous and stupid
dayuum is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #24
McGuinty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayuum View Post
Agreed, this sounds really dangerous and stupid
Well, actually, bare knuckle boxing is safer than boxing.
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #25
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuinty View Post
In terms of dying maybe. Injury wise, cuts, breaking bones, getting jumped, KO'd, etc etc it's far more dangerous. It's a couple of guys attempting to fight in a car part or in the street or wherever. There's nothing safe about it.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #26
dayuum
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
This isn't bare knuckle boxing.

This is a streetfight in a parking lot with not canvas but concrete and some shady as **** referee and no ring doctor.

Boxing is the noble art of self defense. There is nothing noble in fighting in a parking lot
dayuum is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #27
Martinm778
Mcginley

Haha you guys need to relax I've been in a lot of bareknuckle fights and it's only a fight between two guys throwing nothing more than punches. I've fought skilled boxers and I've never been knocked out or down, never been beaten. i'm 28 years old and I've had more than 20 of these "dangerous fights".
Martinm778 is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #28
McGuinty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
In terms of dying maybe. Injury wise, cuts, breaking bones, getting jumped, KO'd, etc etc it's far more dangerous. It's a couple of guys attempting to fight in a car part or in the street or wherever. There's nothing safe about it.
It's not a street fight, it's an organised bare knuckle fight. Have you never seen them? There are two ref's to keep fair play. There are rule's.

"Injury wise, cuts, breaking bones, getting jumped, KO'd".. As oppose to gloved boxing?? (Gettin jumped?? Dont be ridiculous and live outside your bubble!)

Boxing gloves are not designed to protect the other fella's head, they're designed to protect fist's.. and without gloves or even wraps your not gona load up on big punches everytime.. unlike gloved boxing. Plus can you imagine gettin a full forced punch with bare knuckles? Imagine that and then imagine that with an extra 8/10 oz added to that punch.

Boxing average's six deaths a year.. nobody has ever died in a bare knuckle fight.

Tell me, what do you think is safer, fist fighting or MMA?

Dont be stupid pal.
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #29
McGuinty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayuum View Post
This isn't bare knuckle boxing.

This is a streetfight in a parking lot with not canvas but concrete and some shady as **** referee and no ring doctor.

Boxing is the noble art of self defense. There is nothing noble in fighting in a parking lot
This isn't a street fight it's an organised fist fight! Have you not read the name of the thread or even the posters comments?

Why dont you have a look into bare knuckle fighting and it's history before you post stupid comments!
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #30
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Boxing average's six deaths a year.. nobody has ever died in a bare knuckle fight.

Tell me, what do you think is safer, fist fighting or MMA?

Dont be stupid pal.
Just wow. You claim nobody has ever died from a bare knuckle fight and you tell me not to be stupid

Maybe you don't understand this but there is very little difference between a random fight in the street where punches are thrown and a bare knuckle fight. Apart from the fact a bare knuckle fight is set up please explain the difference that makes one so much safer.

It's the getting knocked out or falling over and banging your head on the ground or a random object that is more likely to kill you than an actual blow. This can happen in any fight, bare knuckle or not. You think because it's set up and there's two guys pretending to be referees it's safe?
viru§™ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing