Old 12-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #497
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Louis stands a much, much better chance of victory than the Rock, for sure.
Why do you think so? Vlad has better footwork than Louis, covers ground quickly, has better power and range. The only advantage Louis has is hand speed, but he wouldn't be able to take advantage of it if he couldn't get in range. Louis' defense is also way too porous and he doesn't have the chin to get away with it against a puncher like Vlad.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #498
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusak View Post
Why do you think so? Vlad has better footwork than Louis, covers ground quickly, has better power and range. The only advantage Louis has is hand speed, but he wouldn't be able to take advantage of it if he couldn't get in range. Louis' defense is also way too porous and he doesn't have the chin to get away with it against a puncher like Vlad.
but David Haye does but Thompson KO'd him and Vlad did not...Louis hit harder than any of the men that Ko'd Vlad and quickness is not the only quality Joe had, he was the hardest punching combo puncher ever with killer instinct....I am not unrealistic I see Vlads strengths but lets be real...the same guys who were tearing Vlad down and (I can pull out the posts) are now on the front-running bandwagon...I always thought a lot of Vlad but he also has his weaknesses and to overcome Louis, Lewis, Tyson is not impossible but nothing is easy and Louis would be the hardest to overcome, he has a proven record against big men, none with the ability of Vlad but I don't know anyone that can punch as hard and fast as the Brown Bomber and none, not Haye,Brewster, Sanders, Purity could do anything as good as him at any level.
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #499
HOUDINI
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Joe Louis had one of the greatest classic defenses of any hwt champion. He could do it all...block, parry, bob and weave, slip and counter to vital areas of his opponents body. He could move forward pressing for openings or box letting his opponent come to him and then counterpunch. Many, including most on these boards, do not understand fully the abilities of Louis. Very little this fighter could not do and do very well.
HOUDINI is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #500
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
but David Haye does but Thompson KO'd him and Vlad did not...Louis hit harder than any of the men that Ko'd Vlad and quickness is not the only quality Joe had, he was the hardest punching combo puncher ever with killer instinct....I am not unrealistic I see Vlads strengths but lets be real...the same guys who were tearing Vlad down and (I can pull out the posts) are now on the front-running bandwagon...I always thought a lot of Vlad but he also has his weaknesses and to overcome Louis, Lewis, Tyson is not impossible but nothing is easy and Louis would be the hardest to overcome, he has a proven record against big men, none with the ability of Vlad but I don't know anyone that can punch as hard and fast as the Brown Bomber and none, not Haye,Brewster, Sanders, Purity could do anything as good as him at any level.
What does Haye even have to do with this? Haye has a completely different style than Louis, so the comparison is moot. Haye is an outside fighter, uses his legs for defense, has good upper body movement. Louis is a plodder with fast hands, who throws short, hard punches. I don't see Louis closing the gap without getting his head knocked off. Also, Louis' power is somewhat overrated because of the small gloves he fought in. As for "killer instinct," I don't put much stock in this. Louis can come into the ring with all the "killer instinct" in the world and one right hand or left hook from Vlad will change his life.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 01:49 AM   #501
Brockton Rock
Journeyman

Marciano destroyed Louis.....he knocked him out of the ring for god sake and that coward Wlad would get the same treatment. Wlad is pathetic
Brockton Rock is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #502
Decker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockton Rock View Post
Marciano destroyed Louis.....he knocked him out of the ring for god sake and that coward Wlad would get the same treatment. Wlad is pathetic
Newbie keyboard "warrior" calls HW champ a coward
Have you ever been in a fight - in a pc game doesn't count - in your entire life? Like w/the fat kid or that mean girl in the n'hood?

Little Rocky and chinny Louis get massacred by Wlad and most any top modern HW. Go back to the 30s, 40s, and 50s

David mf'ing Haye - on a good day - would beat Marciano & Louis !
Decker is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #503
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Have you ever been in a fight - in a pc game doesn't count - in your entire life? Like w/the fat kid or that mean girl in the n'hood?

Little Rocky and chinny Louis get massacred by Wlad and most any top modern HW. Go back to the 30s, 40s, and 50s

**** me...just delete this thread.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 05:29 AM   #504
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict

I don't see the Rock being able to beat Wlad.

How can this thread reach 500 + posts is just .
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #505
Brockton Rock
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
I don't see the Rock being able to beat Wlad.

How can this thread reach 500 + posts is just .
Wake up sunshine
Old 12-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #506
Brockton Rock
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post

No need for any insults madam. All I know is Rocky would clobber any HW in history. Just because you're bitter about this isn't my problem. There is only one undefeated heavyweight champ after all. He is the one who can't be beat and has the record to prove it. Deal with it.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #507
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
No need for any insults madam. All I know is Rocky would clobber any HW in history. Just because you're bitter about this isn't my problem. There is only one undefeated heavyweight champ after all. He is the one who can't be beat and has the record to prove it. Deal with it.
Those ringside for the first lastarza fight might disagree with you there.
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #508
Brockton Rock
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Those ringside for the first lastarza fight might disagree with you there.
I dont think so
Old 12-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #509
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
I dont think so
I do think so.
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #510
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 527

This thread is begining to seperate the men from the boys who are massively overestimating Klitschko and underrating former greats.

Wlad has never fought anybody remotley near the greatness of Louis in his entire life. What evidence is out there to suggest he handles an ATG ring master, who had teffific movement combined with precision counter punching.

Wlad's whole head and body is there to be chopped apart in close range by anybody who possesses the right tools. Peter was able to knock Wlad down ,who walked in straight lines and threw wild uncoordinated hooks.
If Wlad or anybody thinks he could nail him with the right hand, by the time he has it ****ed, Louis with a little flick will be somewhere else, pouncing on him with an attack he never saw coming.(Louis dealt with big right hand monster punchers with Max Bear) Once Wlad is stunned or knocked down there is little recourse for him as no human body can withstand punishment from Louis.

With that being said, i still give Rock a better chance of taking him down. There is nothing out there to prove he can hold up against relentless pressure from one of the hardest puncher's to ever live who harboured an unstoppable chin with enormous heat and courage.
There is footage to prove how he doesn't handle pressure , as seen in the 2d round against Sanders. As soon as the bell rang and Sanders bullrushed him, Wlad did not know where he was. For a supposed "ATG" he showed no ability to trade back, move out of range or even cover up. Rock was a swarmer and brawler and there isn't much hope for Wlad without those 3 defenisive mechanics to compete against him.

Merry Christmas.
dinovelvet is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum