boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #511
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Speaking of fat girlfriends, there was a thread on the misc not long back where somebody's girlfriend had apparently been cheating on him, so he started switching her whey shake for a 2,000kcal weight gainer shake.
Lmao yes I remember that. Too funny.

Cutt I don't think I'll ever post up a topless pic.. Until I'm 180lbs lean then what can they say? "You're so vain". Yeah, u mirin son?
Smudger is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #512
cutthroat22

vCash: 213
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
Lmao yes I remember that. Too funny.

Cutt I don't think I'll ever post up a topless pic.. Until I'm 180lbs lean then what can they say? "You're so vain". Yeah, u mirin son?
that ghost bulking was great, did they guy get caught out in the end?

I tend not to post topless pics anywhere on fb or anything like that, i've posted on here as it's people I don't know so it's not such a big deal if people think i'm being vain. The way I see it now is that it's like anything else, if you've put so much effort in so why not show it off? but I don't because the first time I did my g/f had a right go at me and said I was 'changing' into something she doesn't like.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #513
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

No idea, only read the first few pages. The misc can get annoying with people constantly just posting "IN" or "GJDM". There's some epic threads in there though similar to that one. The lounge here is tame compared to the misc.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 03:34 AM   #514
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

The misc used to be so much better, but every now and again something worth reading comes along. Too many idiots ****ing over the rep system
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #515
cutthroat22

Check your inbox jdsm
Old 12-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #516
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
The misc used to be so much better, but every now and again something worth reading comes along. Too many idiots ****ing over the rep system
Negged.

How does one strengthen their wrists? Once again my genetics have failed me, I have tiny wrists and tiny hands. I think I hurt it doing upright rows, but can't be sure as i felt fine in the gym, just half an hour later in the shower it felt like I sprained it. Not the first time either. Its getting annoying and holding me back.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #517
withoutwire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 568

Quote:
Negged.

How does one strengthen their wrists? Once again my genetics have failed me, I have tiny wrists and tiny hands. I think I hurt it doing upright rows, but can't be sure as i felt fine in the gym, just half an hour later in the shower it felt like I sprained it. Not the first time either. Its getting annoying and holding me back.
Bones become denser in response to being stressed, ie loaded with weight. So out some pressure on your wrists, eg benching. If you've sprained it you'll have to rest it for now though
withoutwire is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #518
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Check your inbox jdsm

Quote:
Negged.
Your poverty neg bounces off my mod rep.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #519
cutthroat22

Yo paul, just considering a few things right now so sorry for not getting back to you.

I've got my laptop sorted now (been viewing on my phone for months) these are a good watch, I've not seen them all yet but I do enjoy how kai green looks at things..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've also ordered arnies newest book which I can't wait to read. My last few days have been spent organizing myself so I can put maximum effort in for the new year.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #520
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Yo paul, just considering a few things right now so sorry for not getting back to you.

I've got my laptop sorted now (been viewing on my phone for months) these are a good watch, I've not seen them all yet but I do enjoy how kai green looks at things..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've also ordered arnies newest book which I can't wait to read. My last few days have been spent organizing myself so I can put maximum effort in for the new year.
No problem mate. I wasn't sure if you'd got it, one of my replies to S**** just sent as a blank message, so thought it may have been playing up.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #521
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutwire View Post
Bones become denser in response to being stressed, ie loaded with weight. So out some pressure on your wrists, eg benching. If you've sprained it you'll have to rest it for now though
So basically... Lift?

Quote:

Your poverty neg bounces off my mod rep.
My Angus is peppered.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #522
cutthroat22

Christmas has gone the complete opposite to what I thought it would, I've probably only been eating 1000-1200cals a day, lost a few lb and not been able to go to the gym has been really annoying.

Also started using simplyshredded forum again, anyone on it?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #523
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Really? Tell that to Louise Simmons. His power lifters very rarely do conventional squats and deads yet they always set PRs at their meets.

I used to think the same as you up until a few months ago, doing the lift will improve the lift which is true to an extent, but eventually you'll hit a plateau that will feel impossible to get over.

Louie has a good ****ogy for this. "If I get into a fight with you and get KO'd I'm not going to keep coming back to get KO'd. I'm going to go to different people and learn different things, become stronger in my weaknesses, then I'm gonna come back and kick your ass". Same kind of idea.

It's about working your weaknesses. If you start failing at bench press, say at the lockout, a possible weakness is your triceps. You can do pin press from the point you fail at, also board press. Both allow you to overload the muscles from the point you fail to full lockout as you're not going through the full ROM. You'd also do extra triceps work after the main lift to increase strength and maybe some size. Vary the main lift with different grips, bars, chains, bands etc and when you try that lift again you'll get a new PR. It's a power lifting example, but it's just to give you the idea. Cut has a weak lower back and he knows it. I listed some lifts that will target his lower back to varying degrees.

Do some research into Westside Barbell and the conjugate system. Professional power lifters stall at say 500lbs deadlift for a year or two. They go to WB and within a few months they always add weight, some up to 100lbs or more. If you stall on a lift it's because you have a weakness in that lift. At WB they work out your weakness and that's what you train not that lift you're failing at.
I know what non-linear training is and about working on weaknesses, the point is that gains in strength are primarily neural so working the movement is always going to be better than any supplementary movements when it comes to improving lifts (not saying that working on weak points isn't important). The lower back shouldn't ever be a limiting factor in a deadlift, you can always apply far more force isometrically than in any concentric movement, good deadlift technique is the most important thing for saving your back so if you want to avoid injuring your back the best thing to do is lift light with good form. That good form and neural repetition is going to do more for your lifts than working on particular sticking points, the sticking points on a deadlift are due to form issues 99% of the time anyway. Keep in mind that you're talking about professional power lifters so the little things make a big difference, I doubt many of us here are pushing our limits that close so the best thing to do is just do the lift and perfect the technique.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #524
cutthroat22

anyone set any goals for the new year?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #525
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Get to 12% minimum I think. Gonna be joining a proper gym in the new year too, not a fitness gym, a real bodybuilding gym. My mate goes there, so I'll have a training partner for the first time too. Gonna be the weakest person there for sure but not a single **** will be given
Smudger is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing