Old 12-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653
Default Re: Difference between Mma warriors and boxers

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnxhands View Post
both require skill, boxing just a lot more skill. i respect both. Boxing is more brutal n by far more dangerous

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 12-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #34
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycling View Post
Beloved boxing warriors have all quit ala Duran and pedrales. Also Mma are not obsessed with quitters. Mma have the ultimate warriors like sandstorm silva who never gave up and would kick pedrales and no mas in the ass. Mma is also a harder sport
I've done both and no, MMA is not harder. There's more things in MMA that allows for more opportunities to change the course of a fight. Boxing doesn't have as many ways to rest or turn the tide of a fight that is not going in your favor. In that regard, boxing is a tougher sport.

The training and preparations are comparable in how taxing it is to get ready for a fight. There's difficult aspects of both sports but to say MMA is a tougher sport is an opinion based on nothing more than liking one sport more than the other.

There are combatants in both sports that quit. It's viewed in the same light not matter which sport we are discussing. Boxing has had more incidents where s fighter has quite but that is only becuase boxing has a much longer history than MMA.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Old 12-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #35
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Was I dreaming.............? huh
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 12-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #36
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Y'all are trippin. You want ultimate warriors, WWE is where it's at. The Ultimate Warrior was the baddest ass imaginable - when he fought....he remembered (the war that is....he fought in Vietnam).

No MMA fighter or boxer can withstand drop kicks from a top rope, or a steel chair.

Anyways, i do believe we've beat this dead horse far longer than needed out of sheer amusement. The thread has already reached its full re**** capacity (starting with the original post).

JohnnyDrama's post is the most sensible thing i've read in a while, that pretty much sums up what most of us are thinking anyway.

On another note, Boranbk's avatar represents the most pain inflicted by merely looking at a photo. Man, I could just hear that jaw snapping. Although I imagine the kicker's foot musta hurt a tad too. That's not a happy place.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #37
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by blagovech View Post
I love MMA warriors
Yeah the movie wasnt half bad
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 12-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #38
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOqZ1Q9OHkQ&playnext=1&list=PL430EBF7DF702E334&feature=results_video[/ame]
macp1 is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #39
sonyt
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 85

you dont see this mental breakdowns in MMA because it doesn't ask same kind of mental toughness as boxing does.
There no easy vay out in boxing, MMA had plenty of them.
sonyt is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #40
Quisling

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycling View Post
Beloved boxing warriors have all quit ala Duran and pedrales. Also Mma are not obsessed with quitters. Mma have the ultimate warriors like sandstorm silva who never gave up and would kick pedrales and no mas in the ass. Mma is also a harder sport
If MMA fighters are such "warriors," how come they love to hug each other and roll around on the ground so much??
Quisling is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #41
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

The Sports World hasn't seen Warriors like this since The Gillette Cavalcade of Sports, the whole World recognizes these Ultimate Fighters, The UFC, and what the brand has done for Mixed Martial Arts.

The UFC is legitimizing this fight game, and it has some Boxing fans all kind of upset because they are reminded that their Sport is not what it use to be.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #42
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 112

Re****ed thread.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #43
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisling View Post
If MMA fighters are such "warriors," how come they love to hug each other and roll around on the ground so much??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It is so funny i have never heard anything similar to the joke you cracked it was so good it change my whole view on the world
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #44
Juiceboxbiotch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
The Sports World hasn't seen Warriors like this since The Gillette Cavalcade of Sports, the whole World recognizes these Ultimate Fighters, The UFC, and what the brand has done for Mixed Martial Arts.

The UFC is legitimizing this fight game, and it has some Boxing fans all kind of upset because they are reminded that their Sport is not what it use to be.
Most sensible Boxing fans can see that the UFC has actually helped Boxing by bringing young fans to fight sports. Boxing has been "not what it used to be" for a long time before the first UFC event... that being said, Boxing pay per view events consistently do numbers over a million buys and the top fighters are making in upwards of 5 times what top MMA fighters are getting paid. Your argument is shallow and unresearched, I'm sorry.

I'm a fan of both sports, but I'm not so short-sighted as to constantly try to pit them against eachother, because that's simply not whats going on. Despite what Dana White would have you believe.
Juiceboxbiotch is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #45
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceboxbiotch View Post
Most sensible Boxing fans can see that the UFC has actually helped Boxing by bringing young fans to fight sports. Boxing has been "not what it used to be" for a long time before the first UFC event... that being said, Boxing pay per view events consistently do numbers over a million buys and the top fighters are making in upwards of 5 times what top MMA fighters are getting paid. Your argument is shallow and unresearched, I'm sorry.

I'm a fan of both sports, but I'm not so short-sighted as to constantly try to pit them against eachother, because that's simply not whats going on. Despite what Dana White would have you believe.
Sorry, but I'm not arguing here. Please don't take that the wrong way and try to 1 up me with PPV #s and salaries.... You can add up PPV buys annualy from The UFC alone and the results will match or surpass the handful of PPVs Boxing offers each year. Professional Boxing has been a part of Western Culture for hundreds of years as to twenty for Mixed Martial Arts so there is very little substance to what has been said. Not to mention that Boxing is the most corrupt Sport on the planet so I won't be surprised if MMA salaries ever rival those of the protected, ducking, dodging elite Boxers in this lifetime.

The bottom line is that Sports fans in America were watching Boxing before The UFC presented us with MMA. With the reasons given above it should come as no surprise as to why MMA is the fastest growing Sport in the World and on primetime television instead of Boxing.

Please don't tell me I'm pitting the two Sports against each other as you salty ****s from The Classic and General leak your garbage into my beloved Section on a weekly basis. From ignorant posts about ***uality to retarted threads like so. Yes, I read the OP, but tell me I'm wrong once again. This will be clear to you and the like when the ****ty ratings from Adamek v Cunningham and future Boxing events on free TV are in.

As for Dana White, child please, he is a businessman and President of The UFC. Have you heard his comments on Bob Arum? Y'all musta forgot.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum