Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default how does geale get the green/mundine boxing viewers to watch his fights?

with green/mundine retiring soon enough, how does geale attempt to get many of the viewers to follow him?

of course he is a different fighter, with a far more laid back personality, but there must be some things he can do to gain some of those supporters.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: how does geale get the green/mundine boxing viewers to watch his fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
with green/mundine retiring soon enough, how does geale attempt to get many of the viewers to follow him?

of course he is a different fighter, with a far more laid back personality, but there must be some things he can do to gain some of those supporters.

He can't really, Mundine was a polarising figure who had appeal outside the general boxing fans. Green just went along for the ride and sucked up to the media and played the Aussie (bogan) nice guy.

Also Geales style of fighting doesn't appeal to normal sports fans...... i.e he is not a KO merchant like a Tyson was
kel is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: how does geale get the green/mundine boxing viewers to watch his fights?

1. Beat Mundine & be recognised as the best middleweight in the country.

2. Keep winning. Beating Sturm in Germany won't be easy the second time around.

3. Unify the titles. Obviously much easier said than done. Even people who aren't boxing fans in this country know who Kostya Tszyu is. When he beat Zab Judah, non-boxing types might not have known precisely what he'd done, but they knew he'd done good!

If Geale beats Mundine and hangs onto his belt for awhile, his recognition amongst mainstream media & fans will steadily (albeit slowly) increase.

Last edited by Sandman_; 12-26-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #4
Sydney2000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
He can't really, Mundine was a polarising figure who had appeal outside the general boxing fans. Green just went along for the ride and sucked up to the media and played the Aussie (bogan) nice guy.

Also Geales style of fighting doesn't appeal to normal sports fans...... i.e he is not a KO merchant like a Tyson was
Agree..I think if Geale beats a few more good overseas fighters and keeps fighting for decent world titles he might get a good following.hopefully anyway because his a decent fella and deserves it
Sydney2000 is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #5
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Be proclaimed greater then Mundine/Green(Which he is)
Have him open up about his life

Dunno hard call.

Maybe challenge SBW to a fight.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Exactly, Mandy is who he is today because of football, not boxing.
And Green, well yeh, the bogan thing worked wonders for him beyond the Mandy fight.
Quote:
Bang on, Geales somewhat of a technician. The masses aren't interested in the sweet science, they're just want to see someones head knocked off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
1. Beat Mundine & be recognised as the best middleweight in the country.
He already is recognised as the best in the country pound for pound, but I get your point.
Quote:
2. Keep winning. Beating Sturm in Germany won't be easy the second time around.
Won't be a need to fight Sturm in Germany twice. Sturm will have to come here or not fight at all.
Quote:
3. Unify the titles. Obviously much easier said than done. Even people who aren't boxing fans in this country know who Kostya Tszyu is. When he beat Zab Judah, non-boxing might not have known precisely what he'd done, but they knew he'd done good!
Yep. It will come too.
Quote:
If Geale beats Mundine and hangs onto his belt for awhile, his recognition amongst mainstream media & fans will steadily (albeit slowly) increase.
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Be proclaimed greater then Mundine/Green(Which he is)
Like you said, he already is,and I think plenty know it these days anyhow.
Quote:
Have him open up about his life
Nah, it only sets you up for potential shit from the media.
Celebs only have to fart in the wrong direction and the media is all over them.
Quote:
Dunno hard call.

Maybe challenge SBW to a fight.
No. That's silly Green talk.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 02:17 AM   #7
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

i don't buy that.

of course he's not going to get 100% of them, but with some initiative, i believe he can a decent chunk of them.

its not even necessarily the green/mundine fans, moreso the ones who simply watch their fights. many people buy/watch the fights cause they get caught up in the event type atmosphere.

of course he must beat mundine first.

but in the lead up to it, and post fight, he has to talk up the going to take on the world next persona.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:20 AM   #8
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
i don't buy that.

of course he's not going to get 100% of them, but with some initiative, i believe he can a decent chunk of them.

its not even necessarily the green/mundine fans, moreso the ones who simply watch their fights. many people buy/watch the fights cause they get caught up in the event type atmosphere.

of course he must beat mundine first.

but in the lead up to it, and post fight, he has to talk up the going to take on the world next persona.

a decent chunk is not getting all of them, which is sort of what the questions implies.

It's lucky you don't buy it
kel is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #9
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
a decent chunk is not getting all of them, which is sort of what the questions implies.

It's lucky you don't buy it
r u serious?

no need to be an idiot ok.

maybe u want them counted to check the %, i don't know. lets not get childish huh.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Realistically Geale def couldn't hang with Mundine at his best and probably got beat up by Green and that's why the fans of those two wont be swooned by anything Geale does.

Cold hard facts
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #11
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Realistically Geale def couldn't hang with Mundine at his best and probably got beat up by Green and that's why the fans of those two wont be swooned by anything Geale does.

Cold hard facts
At his best, Mundine had world class skills - but has always lacked mentally.
The Kessler fight was there for the taking, but mentally he couldn't do it.

Whereas Daniel Geale doens't have any flaws in his mental make up.
His defence is better than Mundines and his overall boxing skills aren't far
off either, I'd say Geale is a far more rounded and versatile fighter than Mundine.

Geale is currently in his peak - or coming into it.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Realistically Geale def couldn't hang with Mundine at his best and probably got beat up by Green
What a crock Tekey.
Geale beat Mandy 3 years ago, and neither fighter was at their peak.
Quote:
Cold hard facts
Nonsense, it's just your opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Deck View Post

off either, I'd say Geale is a far more rounded and versatile fighter than Mundine.

Much more realistic assessment.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #13
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Deck View Post

I think you are wrong, no way did Mundine have the size to hold off Kessler nor did his punchers have enough on them to knock him out....... Kessler is top 5 SMW last 20yrs dude Mundines performance against him was amazing.

That 2005/06 Mundine was prime.................. It's a shame he wasn't fighting at MW then he wouldve been awesome as the opposition wld not have been bigger than him.
kel is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #14
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
I think you are wrong, no way did Mundine have the size to hold off Kessler nor did his punchers have enough on them to knock him out....... Kessler is top 5 SMW last 20yrs dude Mundines performance against him was amazing.

That 2005/06 Mundine was prime.................. It's a shame he wasn't fighting at MW then he wouldve been awesome as the opposition wld not have been bigger than him.
I think your on the money Kel. I've often said Mundine should of moved to middle sometime at the start of his career.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

He could play the "cunt" card and cash in that way.

Daniel "stick it up your ****ing arse Australia" Geale V TBA = $$
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum