boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #16
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: How I would advise Robert Guerrero to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Agreed with everything said, good post, and thanks for the compliments! That part in bold is just how I feel. It's the best we can do in the fictional universe where we're on Team Ghost, but I wouldn't be betting on it by any stretch. Floyd is just so good at nearly everything.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

low blows, low blows, low blows.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

i cant wait for the 8-1 odds to come out

funny how everyone person on here has mayweather winning 10 of 12 rounds, or 12 of 12 rounds, or basically just winning easily. yet everyone thinks this is a good fight.
yep, makes sense now
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

"Climb the wall"

There was a point near the end of the eighth round of Mayweather-Cotto when Miguel managed to maneuver his foe to the ropes and then proceeded to unleash a series of combinations, first going to the body and then bringing it upstairs. In most cases, Mayweather was slipping or rolling with virtually every punch, but a couple of right hands did bounce off his head during that sequence.

One of the things that Guerrero does well is to change levels in the middle of his combinaions; so if he's able to work his way in close (either by jabbing his way in or making Floyd miss a jab and then step in), it's entirely probable that he'll launch the same combo and possible that he'll achieve the same result. If he stays responsible on the way out and defends the counter that May will throw, he's got a chance of stealing rounds by throwing combinations that might be capped by a single scoring punch to the head.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #20
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
"Climb the wall"

There was a point near the end of the eighth round of Mayweather-Cotto when Miguel managed to maneuver his foe to the ropes and then proceeded to unleash a series of combinations, first going to the body and then bringing it upstairs. In most cases, Mayweather was slipping or rolling with virtually every punch, but a couple of right hands did bounce off his head during that sequence.

One of the things that Guerrero does well is to change levels in the middle of his combinaions; so if he's able to work his way in close (either by jabbing his way in or making Floyd miss a jab and then step in), it's entirely probable that he'll launch the same combo and possible that he'll achieve the same result. If he stays responsible on the way out and defends the counter that May will throw, he's got a chance of stealing rounds by throwing combinations that might be capped by a single scoring punch to the head.
Good point. Varied combinations are key. He's not good enough to repeat the process over and over on the inside, but getting those in quick before retreating could work. A single clean shot to punctuate the offense looks good to the judges.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #21
Hotsauce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

if he throws a headbutt, i hope he doesn't hug and kiss floyd
Hotsauce is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #22
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

For a southpaw, i don't think it has to be that complicated. Work the jab and move laterally to the right and work the body with the straight left. When the time is right, feint the jab, right hook and throw the left down towards where his head will be. Continue going to the right.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #23
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Dont headbutt like ortiz and he'll be fine.

Mayweather gets his dome cracked and falls for the first time. Gonna be a spectacular fight..
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #24
uraharakisuke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 759

Great ****ysis OP. Imagine if Robert somehow did manage to pull out a win? He would be a God haha!

May should school him though.
uraharakisuke is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #25
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 104601

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
i cant wait for the 8-1 odds to come out

funny how everyone person on here has mayweather winning 10 of 12 rounds, or 12 of 12 rounds, or basically just winning easily. yet everyone thinks this is a good fight.
yep, makes sense now
JMM was a 9-1 dog for pac vs jmm III and look what happen?

Robert is an underated fighter and is only now considered as a bum when he is signed to fight Floyd bc Floyd haters love to bash everyone of Floyd's opponent trying to discredit. What else is new?

Robert is a better fighter than Angulo, Kirkland and trout as some has suggested. Would Rob win? probably not but it doesn't mean that he sucks.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #26
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 590

Keep the "Left" active & shoeshine his body.
(Throw some elbows on the inside cut him up)
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #27
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
For a southpaw, i don't think it has to be that complicated. Work the jab and move laterally to the right and work the body with the straight left. When the time is right, feint the jab, right hook and throw the left down towards where his head will be. Continue going to the right.
Problem is without great foot-speed and precise foot-work, Floyd just takes a step to his right; the left lands on the shoulder, the fighter walks into a right, Floyd keeps stepping rightwards and repeats the process. And when he pressures, a fighter better be able to circle out faster than he can, which is why leading or advancing makes a big difference. But it's not at all a point to ignore, given the way you can align the straight left that way if done right, so good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraharakisuke View Post
Great ****ysis OP. Imagine if Robert somehow did manage to pull out a win? He would be a God haha!

May should school him though.
Thanks! I agree, Floyd's probably going to take his best few weapons away early, unless he's really missed a step. But maybe the curse of Canelo is more powerful than we realized! DUN DUN DUN

(but nah...lol)
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #28
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306

Jeff mayweather said that it is very unlikely that robert guerrero is not getting a fight with floyd mayweather. He explains why and talks other fights against his nephew.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjKpq7r0CJ0[/ame]
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #29
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
JMM was a 9-1 dog for pac vs jmm III and look what happen?

Robert is an underated fighter and is only now considered as a bum when he is signed to fight Floyd bc Floyd haters love to bash everyone of Floyd's opponent trying to discredit. What else is new?

Robert is a better fighter than Angulo, Kirkland and trout as some has suggested. Would Rob win? probably not but it doesn't mean that he sucks.
More skilled doesn't necessarily mean more dangerous or effective.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #30
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
If Guerro moves to his right them he'll eat a steady diet of Mayweather left hooks...
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum